Delivery in day(s): 4
Supply Chain Management Oz Assignments
The organization needs to effectively manage its supply chain to make the product available to the customer at the right place, right time and at the lowest cost. The grand wine is the wine retailer carrying a large selection from everyday wines to the rare and fine wines at the lowest cost.It operates all the area of the NSW and provides the service to around 400 liquor store in the states. The assignment is about how the company manage its supply chain to deliver the quality product to its customer. The grand wines ltd. Is proposing a projectmanagement to equip its company sales representative with the wireless data entry device so that they can easily communicate customer order to the company central database in Sydney.The assignment discuss about how the company uses its SWOT analyze to help the project manager in framing the project plan. Further the assignment is about the preparation of project templates which will guide throughout the project. Finally the project manager has prepared the communication plan which is to be followed during the project to build coordination between the various activities of the project.
The project manager has used SWOT analyze as a tool to identify the key factor which may affect the functioning of the business. Through SWOT analyze project manager will identify the company key strength and use it to capture new opportunity in the market and avoid threats which may affect the functioning of the business. This also help in analyzing what are the existing weakness of the company and measures to control it to avoid threats or contingent event which may affect the business. The company uses the SWOT analyze to craft the strategy that helps in distinguishing yourself from your competitor and attain success over the competitor (Boca, 2015).
Strength- The strength analyze helps in identifying the key factor which makes us different from those of competitor. The major strength of Grand Winesltd. Is as follows-
1. The company is offering the quality product to its customer which is helping them to retain its customer for the longer period.
2. The company is also acquiring the raw material in bulk which is helping the company to attain the economy of scale.
3. The company has the huge customer base.
4. The company has wide range of product which attract the huge customer.
5. The existing procedure of the company helps in avoiding wastage which reduces the cost of product.
6. Due to low overhead the company can deliver quality product to its customer.
Looking up to the strength the company needs to identify how to use it to attain competitive advantage.
Weakness– The Company needs to make the effort to identify their current weakness to avoid future contingency which may affect the business. The following are the weakness of Grand wines ltd.
1. The company is not effectively managing its supply chain which creates the problem in delivering the company product on time to the customer.
2. The company uses many intermediaries to deliver the product which adds to the cost of the product.
3. The company is not effectively handling the customer queries with the company product.
4. The company is not promoting its product which is reducing the demand of the company product.
5. The company is not effectively handling its customer which is reducing the demand of the company product (Mehilli & Dumi, 2012).
Opportunity– the management needs to determine the opportunity which the company can capture with the available resources. The opportunity which the Grand wine limited can capture are as follows-
1. The company has the opportunity to capture the new market
2. The company can easily attract new customer due to wide range of company product.
3. The company has the opportunity to grow its business worldwide.
4. The company can also extend its business by online selling its product.
5. The change in life style isattracting more customer towards company product (Khalifa & Hussein, 2012).
Threats-The management needs to regularly identify the threat which may affect the business. The following are the threats which may affect the business of Grand wine limited are as follows-
1. The change in the government policy may act as a threat for the company.
2. The major threats to the company is from its competitor.
3. The change in technology may also affect the functioning of the business.
4. The change in the preference of the customer also may be the threat which the company may suffer.
5. Change in the economic structure of the country also may affect the functioning of the business (Dana, 2012).
Title– Supply chain management
Duration of the budget- The project manager has decided 6 months as the duration of the project.
Budget- The set budget for the project is AUD 60000.
Project objective- The project manager of the Grand Wine needs to set the project objective while framing the project plan to identify the outcome of the project. The objective of the project should be specific, measurable, attractive, time duration and reliable. The objective of the project is to improve the supply chain of the company to timely deliver the product to the customer and lowest cost. This will create the trust of the customer and helps the company to retain its customer for the longer period. The major activity of the project is to acquire the wireless data entry device at the lowest cost to improve the product delivery time. These device will be supplied to 20 sales representative of the company who will help them to quickly communicate with the central sales data base in Sydney (Deceur, Roets, Rutten & Bouverne, 2016).
The project will helps in reducing the product delivery time which will help in retaining the existing customer and also attract new customer for the business. The project will also help in solving the problem which the sales executing were facing and improve their quality of work. This will also help the company to effectively manage it inventory and also prevent the loss of company product. The project will also provide the sales executive proper track of all the orders which help in timely delivering of the product to the customer.
The project will improve the supply chain of the company and would also help them to introduce new product and enter new market. Through the project the sales executive will effectively handle the customer queries which will help in improving company brand value in the market. The major limitation of the project is that the company has to make the changes in the existing structure of the company as required by the project and it is hard for the company to identify the benefit which may arise due to the project (Velasquez & Bonham, 2015).
Acceptance criteria-The project manager needs to set the standard while planning the project against which the performance is to be measured. The project manager in his plan needs to set the desired outcome of the project and set the standard for each activity. This will helps to check the plan is implicated in the predefined way and there is no deviation of performance from the set standard. The main objective of the project is to reduce the product delivery task to the customer. The project manager also needs to determine how it will help the company to manage its inventory. The company needs to quickly attain the desire outcome of the project as they are continuously loosing existing customer due to week supply chain.
The project will provide the current inventory status of the company which will help the sales executive to timely deliver the company product and build good relation with the customer. The project will helps the company to overcome the problem of the supply chain which causing the reduction of company product demand in the market. The project manager also needs to compare the existing process with those of competitor to identify the improvement which the company can made in the existing process (Emblemsvåg, 2014).
Assumption and constraints–The project manager needs to identify the constraints to avoid the failure of the project. The major constraints of the project are the resources and time which are to be effectively managed during the project. The project manager needs to make the regular check over the constraints to complete the project effectively. The cost of the project is the major constraints as the manager needs to make effort to attain the desired result within the set budget. The assumption and constraints plays an important role during the planning stage of the project. A successful project manager always keeps a proper check over the project assumption and constraints.
The other constraint in the project is time within the outcome of the project is to be attained. As the sales of the company is continuously declining due to the problem in the supply chain. So they need to quickly implement the project to avoid the threat which may affect the business plan due to reduction in demand of the company product. Although they are not managed as per risk but the proper documentation of these will help in avoiding many trouble during the project. The scope statement of the project contains the assumption and constraints which are to be followed during the project execution. The major assumption during the project are only made on the basis of the available constraints.
Stakeholder list- There are many stakeholder who are the part of the project and the major objective of the project is to meet the expectation of the customer. The scope and the stakeholder of the project helps in identifying who are the party involved in the project and what the project must deliver and when it is to be completed. The major stakeholder of the project are
Project sponsor -They are the major stakeholder of the project and invest money in the project and are more concerned about the outcome of the project.
The sales executive of the company are also the major stakeholder of the project as they are facing the complexity in performing their role with the existing process adopted by the company.
Customer- The project will help the company to make quick delivery of the product. This will help the customer in quick and easy availability of the company product to the customer (Mäkelä, Haynes, Holt & Kar, 2013).
Intermediaries – The project will also reduce the work load various intermediaries which are the part of the supply chain.
Supply chain manager – The project will improve the supply chain which will reduce the burden of the supply chain manager.
Lesson learned- The lesson learned from the above project is the importance of the supply chain management to check the timely deliver the product to the customer. For effective management of the project the project manager needs to provide adequate training to its sales executive about how the devices will help them to deliver the quality outcome of their work. The project will help in in reducing the time taken to deliver the company product to the customer. The project will also decreases the delivery time as the sales employee are regularly updated about the resources which are available to them. The project will also help in keeping proper track over all the order and check that the product is delivered on time to the customer.
The communication plan will help the project manager to make effective coordination between the various activities which are to be followed to effectively execute the project. The communication plan will help in delivering the message to the targeted audience. It will help in avoiding the problem which may arise during the project. The effective communication plan helps the project manager to effectively execute all the activity which are required during the project. The communication plan will help in improving the ability of the project manager to achieve the desired outcome from the project (ando, 2014).
Plan purpose- The communication plan helps in creating the link between various members of the project. It help in checking that all the steps which are laid down in the plan are followed and there is no diversion from the set standards. For creating the effective communicate the project manager needs to set the structure which are to be followed to execute the project. This helps in creating the coordination between the various activity proper allocations of responsibility within the team. The project manager in his plan will decide how the communication is to be made between the various team of the project (Schumacher & Hendrix, 2012).
Identification of stakeholder- The project manager throughout the project needs to communicate with various stakeholder of the project to check that it is executed in the planed way. The manager needs to timely communicate with the sponsor of the project to communicate about the activity which are completed. The team member needs to communicate at the different level to communicate the information about the project.
Information to be shared– The members who are the part of the project communicated various information which helps in coordinating and avoid diversion from the set plan. The information which are to be communicated during the project is the work which has been completed till the set data and exchange of information between the team whose work are interrelated. During the execution of the project the various unit needs to exchange the information to check that their work is implemented in the planned way (White &Traub , 2012).
Frequency of information exchanged–The employees who are the part of the project needs to frequently exchange the information to check the project is effectively implicated. The major part of the information is exchanged during the execution of the project. The project manager in his communication plan will specify how often the information is too exchanged and at what level of the project.
Location of the information exchanged– The major information are exchanges during the workplace where the project is executed. The regular meeting are held at the workplace to communicate the extent to which the task is being executed.
Purpose of the communication– The major purpose of the communication plan is to avoid the problem which may be caused due to lack of communication. It help in checking that the plan is implemented as per the set standards and there is not much diversion from the set standard.
Mechanism of communication- The communication plan contains the medium to be followed to communicate at various level of organization. The plan contains the medium to be used at each level of operation of the project (Montgomery, Russell & Hradek, 2013).
Change management-To effectively handle the change in the condition the project manager needs to communicate with those who will be required to adopt the changes. The effective communication will help in effectively adjust to the change in the process of the business.
Meeting agenda- The communication plan will help in communicating the goals and objective of the project to all the member who are the part of the project. The members who are the part of the project needs to regularly check that the performance is accomplished in the planned way.
So it may be concluded from the above study that the project management helps the company to attain the desired outcome in the planned way. The project manager needs to use the SWOT analyze as a tool to identify the factor which may affect the project. The project planning provide the series of steps which are to be followed during the project. The project manager needs to frame the communication plan to build the coordination between the various activities of the project.
1. Boca, G.D. 2015, "SWOT Analyze and e–Learning", Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences,vol. 182, pp. 10-14.
2. Dana, B.G. 2012, "SWOT Analysis to Improve Quality Management Production", Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences,vol. 62, pp. 319-324.
3. Deceur, E., Roets, G., Rutten, K. & Bouverne-De Bie, M. 2016, "'A singer is a group': creating a 'researcher template' to uncover complexities in the participatory arts project rocsa singers", Critical Arts,vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 357.
4. Emblemsvåg, J. 2014, "Lean Project Planning in Shipbuilding", Journal of Ship Production and Design,vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 79-88.
5. Khalifa, A. & Hussein, R. 2012, "Telemedicine in Egypt: SWOT analysis and future trends [Telemedizin in Ägypten: SWOT-Analyse und Zukunftstrends]", GMS Medizinische Informatik,vol. 8, no. 1, pp. Doc01.
6. Lando, Agnes Lucy, 'The Critical Role of Crisis Communication Plan in Corporations' Crises Preparedness and Management' (2014) 7Global Media Journal 5.
7. Mäkelä, P., Haynes, C., Holt, K. & Kar, A. 2013, "Written medical discharge communication from an acute stroke service: a project to improve content through development of a structured stroke-specific template", BMJ quality improvement reports,vol. 2, no. 1, pp. u202037.w1095.
8. Mehilli, T. & Dumi, A. 2012, "Lo Evaluation And Efects Of Swot Analyse In Albania", Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences,vol. 41, pp. 108-115.
9. Montgomery, D., Russell, C. & Hradek, C. 2013, "Creating a Recipe for Success: An Emotion-driven, Communication Plan for Older Adult Nutrition Education", Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior,vol. 45, no. 4, pp. S8-S9.
10. Schumacher, B.S. & Hendrix, D. 2012, "Developing a Communications Plan for Library Screencasts", Journal of Library Innovation,vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 1-17.
11. Velasquez, D. & Bonham, E. 2015, "The clinical practice project: Planning to publish: The clinical practice project", Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners,vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 420-425.
12. White, N.A. &Traub-Dargatz, J.L. 2012, "Development of communication plan for an equine infectious disease outbreak", Journal of Equine Veterinary Science,vol. 32, no. 10, pp. S91-S92.