Delivery in day(s): 4
Strategic Marketing Plan Proof Reading and Paper Editing Services
NQ Employment (NQE) has requested the preparation of this Strategic Marketing Plan for their business. The purpose of this Strategic Marketing Plan is to determine how the NQE business can best match the needs of its customers in the next three to five years. The identification of the business mission and the business analysis of the market’s needs provides a clear direction for marketing and the business in the next three to five years.
The main client drivers in preparing this Strategic Marketing Plan are:
1. To approximate the market size
2. Determine the NQE market share
3. Analyse potential causes for the Townsville region’s lack of placements[ CITATION Jam16 \l 3081 ]
4. Provide strategies surrounding the Townsville market specifically[ CITATION Jam16 \l 3081 ]
5. Provide budgeted marketing strategies $50,000 (including GST) in aggregate
6. Business Overview
NQ Employment (company name NQ Employment Competitive Services Ltd) is a not-for-profit employment placement business specialising in employment placement of disabled persons[ CITATION NQE18 \l 3081 ]. This service involves the intake of job seekers, preparing them for employment, identifying potential employers, placing them with an employer, and providing ongoing support to the employer and employee for up to 52 weeks in duration (Figure 1)[ CITATION NQE16 \l 3081 ]
Figure 1. Service Delivery Model Flowchart
The company was established in 1989, and services the Townsville region, with offices in Townsville, Ayr, Charters Towers, and Ingham. As of 30 June 2017, there were 36 employees in total for the organisation (18 Full-time and 18 Full-time-equivalent)[ CITATION Aus17 \l 3081 ].
The business generates revenue by fulfilling Federal Government contracts[CITATION Hay16 \l 3081 ]. Revenue is recognised from the Department of Social Services based upon satisfying criteria under a Disability Management Service (DMS) or Employment Support Service (ESS) contracts[ CITATION Dep18 \l 3081 ].
The Department of Social Services utilises a Disability Employment Services Star Rating system[ CITATION Dis18 \l 3081 ] which combines two Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) relating to:
1. the efficiency of placing a job seeker into performance, and
2. the number outcomes achieved by a job seeker in relation to successful, long-term employment
3. The Star Rating System is a consolidation of key contract KPI’s to allow the assessment of an organisation’s performance. As a result, it is anticipated that there should be a strong correlation between revenue and star rating.
4. NQE currently uses the following methods in their marketing mix[ CITATION Hay16 \l 3081 \m Nor17]:
5. Price reduction (wage subsidy for employers in addition to government subsidy),
6. Client support
7. Cinema advertising,
8. Sporting group sponsorship,
9. Television advertising,
10. Face-to-face marketing,
11. Social media promotion (Facebook page)
NQE aims[ CITATION NQE \l 3081 \m Nor17]
?????To provide accessible quality employment placement, training and other valued activities that enhance the development of a person with a disability, injury, health condition or barrier to employment.
To provide specialised Indigenous Disability Services
Through a change in the service delivery method (focusing on tailored support), and a strategic promotional campaign, we aim to increase our performance to a DES 5 Star Rating
In order to accomplish this mission, it is anticipated that the business will be required to:
1. Implement system changes
2. Develop specialised team and obtain external culture
3. Provide staff training and support
4. Increase staff employment levels
5. Assess and record promotional effectiveness
6. Increase promotional expenditure
7. Increase wage subsidies in the short term
8. Increase client expenses
9. Online customer interaction
10. It is not anticipated that the business will expand it’s geographic presence or perform newspaper advertising.
The following chart displays the DES Star Ratings for NQE over the period of 2015 to 2018. Refer to Appendix A for a summary of performance data. Please note this does include the other offices, and also the other business North Queensland Green Solutions
Figure 2. DES Star Ratings from 2015 to 2017
The financial performance of the business in terms of revenue and profit in the last three years is shown in Figure 3. It was noted that in 2016 a significant loss occurred, which was attributed to non-recurring costs of office fitouts, computer expenses, adjusted depreciation, and ‘re-evaluating the performance of it’s customer base’[ CITATION Nor16 \l 3081 ]. It is assumed from this statement that NQE performed a marketing audit within the disability persons market to determine the appropriate match with their business.
Figure 3. Revenue and Gross Profit from 2015 to 2017
The marketing mix as a percentage of revenue is shown in table based upon the financial reporting information.
Table 1. Marketing Mix as a Percentage of Revenue
Percentage of Revenue for Year
Advertising and Marketing
Motor Vehicle Expenses
The customer caseload (number of disabled persons utilising their service) is one of the main determinations of the market share for the business. From the video interviews[ CITATION Hay161 \l 3081 ], NQE has a caseload of 500 customers. For this analysis, this caseload number is used to determine the market share. However, it is noted that this is not accurate for the Townsville region due to the other sites inclusion in this number. Figure 4 displays the current market share. For definition on the market, please refer to
Figure 4. NQE Market Share for the Year 2016
Summary of Three Year Projected Performance ( 2019 to 2021)
The estimated performance for NQE upon adoption of the proposed marketing strategy is shown in Figure 5. As the organisation is a not for profit, emphasis is placed upon keeping profit levels minimal by investing back into the service delivery. The main performance driver is to increase the DES Star Rating, which in turn yields increased market share and revenue.
Figure 5. NQE Three Year Projected Performance
The total market considered for an employment placement and recruitment service[ CITATION KPM16 \l 3081 ] is shown below, where the need to be satisfied is filling a position for an employer with a suitable employee.
Figure 6. Total Market Overview in Employment Placement in Australia
The government-based delivery method for disabled persons has been provided to ensure an opportunity for disabled persons. Operating outside of this service delivery model may not be a successful enterprise particularly when considering the employment of disabled persons are often heavily subsidised to gain employment. The defined market for NQE is within the DES service delivery market within the Townsville region. A detail market map within this market definition is shown below for the year 2017.
Figure 7. Townsville DES Market Definition
With reference to the service delivery flowchart (Figure 1), the market map can be shown as follows:
Figure 8. Market Map
As the government departments have a key influence on the success of the business, a particular emphasis needs to be placed on satisfying this market segment, as well as the employer and disabled persons needs.
1. Department of Social ServicesFuture - Potentially National Insurance Disability Scheme – A new revenue stream that is funded by Department of Human Services
1. Specialisations include
2. Indigenous – target of NQE
4. Hearing Impaired
5. Mental Health
1. Sectors to target – Technicians and trades, Community and Personal Services, Sales, Labourers, Machinery Operators and Drivers
2. What sectors are growth in the next three years in Townsville?
3. What sectors have the largest turnover or mass?
Portfolio Summary of SWOTs
Assumptions constitute the basisc of the marketing strategies. and the underlying assumptions must also be fully addressed. The testing of the assumptions needs allowance of those involved in the planning process and challenges for ensuring the scenarios of the base strategies (Scott et al., 2017). Assumptions underscore the upcoming challenges assuming the present in the planning. Assumptions in business are difficult to identify , but are required to standardise planningin their unconscious belief.
In the current assignment of NQ Employment, the organization targets some of the basic goals like expanding its market size, determination of the share of the market of NQE and analysis of the potential causes for the Townville regions’ absence of placement opportunities. In respect to the aims or the targets of the organization in discussion, the development of the strategic plan includes the proper management of assessments, risks and thee their impediments (Man, Llewellyn & Wade, 2014). The business plan of the NQ Employment Management does not possess the exact knowledge regarding the future and what will happen in the economy and the next moves of the competitors in the market and the changes in the financial markets (NQ Employment, 2018).
Assumptions are necessary evils and are defined to be something taken for granted. , iIt can be assumed for the NQ Employment that the organization will expand its market shareand its territory of servicestogether with the development or formation of new placement units for the other categories of disabled individuals (Kavanagh et al, 2015). The strategy report of the organization furthermore assumes the expected strategies for marketing arranging around $50,000 (including GST).
Marketing Objectives and Strategies
Marketing objectives are the targets that the business organizations set within a targeted framework for the achievement of the marketing strategies. Marketing objectives plays an important role in case of the promotion of services or products. In case of the NQ Employment, marketing objectives are the increase in the staff employment levels, increase in the promotional expenditures to attract new customers, implement some of the major changes in the systems of the job offerings to the disabled people of the community, provision of accessible and high quality placement and the training to the serve health condition but with high qualifications, increase in the advertising of the employment services in the television, social media and in the face to face marketing (Gallego et al., 2015). The two major marketing objectives of the NQ Employment services is to build it’s brand awareness in the field of training and employment to the person with injury and disability, target new customers in encouraging them to participate nin the training programs with the belief that they also can achieve their dreams and are not behind the normal force of workers. Marketing objectives of the NQ Employment services furthermore includes attraction of the new stakeholders to invest in the non-profit social welfare organization and improvement of the relation with the existing stakeholder base.
Figure 1: The marketing Mix. Source: (Australian Government, 2017)
The tool of the marketing mix is used for the analysis and the development of the marketing proposal forming the basis of the marketing plan for the promotion of the employment of the individuals with disability, health challenges or injuries. For the explanation of the marketing mix it is important to understand the nature of the services provided by the NQ Employment. The non-profit organization specialises nin the placement for job opportunities for the persons with disabilities or health challenges (Darcy, Taylor & Green, 2016). The need for formal marketing plan for the organization is because of the recognition of the social services it is conducting. NQ Employment services requires a formalt plan for the marketing for letting the people of the community know about the growing opportunities for the disabled persons in the society who have been long discriminated from the opportunity of employment services and from proper education and knowledge training.
Some of the main or the current competitors of EQ EmploymentNQE are Job Access by the Australian Government, NDRC (National Disability Recruitment Co-ordinator), Disability Employment Services who targets the benefits of their business by effective employment of the people with injuries or disabilities.
Recommendation steps for full marketing plan –
Macro-economic factors- The macro economic environment consist of six major factors.
Demographic forces– In the context of the employment of the disabled people, the factor of demography is an important aspect which includes the density, the gender, the health status and other statistics of the people who serves as the main driving force for the development of the market.
Economic forces – These forces relate to the factors affecting the purchasing power and the spending patterns of the people. Factors such as the GDP, the inflation, the unemployment, the discrimination of the disabled people in the workforce are some of the important criteria.
Socio culturalforces– These includes the basic values of the society. The stigma, the notion of the discrimination of the disabled individual of the society towards their equal opportunity of employment, training and education forms the basis of the factors for this force.
Technological forces – Proper training on updated technology of the disabled workers with the mind set and the myth that the disabled people can serve basic unskilled works are some of the factors challenging the force (Buys, Matthews & Randall, 2015).
Ecological forces– Some of the important trends in the ecological environment includes increased shortage of the raw materials and renewable resources like the will power of the disabled people, the myth encircling the disabled group of people and the social stigmas relating to them.
Political forces – Involvement of the laws and the governmental agencies restrict the marketing decisions and strategies of the organization.
Significant influences and issues relating to sustainability
1. Competitive advantages – The NQ Employment ranks top in the market of the non-profit organization providing services to the eligible job seekers with injury, disability or severe health conditions.
2. Customer value– Employing the people with injury or disability is equivalent to employing people with normal attire. People with disability and health challenges tends to build strog relationship with the customers and the clients boosting the morale of the staff members by the creation a diverse work force.
Projected Financial Requirements and Performance
Percentage of Revenue for Year
Advertising and Marketing
Motor Vehicle Expenses
The company faced a severe loss in the previous year. Thus the organization aims towards factors like non-recurring costs of office fit-outs, computer expenses, adjusted depreciation, and ‘re-evaluating the performance of it’s customer base for the improvement of its recognition and the market share in the competitive market (Waghorn & Hielscher, 2015). The organization furthermore aims to perform a marketing audit within the group of disability persons for the determination of the appropriate match with their business.
It can thus be concluded that the purpose of this Strategic Marketing Plan of NQ Employment is to determine how the NQE business can best match the needs of its customers in the next three to five years. The organization targets to expand its market share and provide premium quality placement services and training programs for the activities that enhance the development of persons with the disability, injury, barrier to employment. The NQ Employment services furthermore aims towards the provision of the specialised services regrading indigenous disability and strategic promotional campaigns for increasing the performances of the non-profit organization.
1. Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission. (2017). AIS2017. Retrieved from Home - ACNC: https://www.acnc.gov.au/RN52B75Q?ID=D2E66794-461B-47B0-9796-1B6A7E3E5BEA&noleft=1
2. data.gov.au, Australian Government. (2018, 06 25). DSS Payment Demographic Data - Datasets - data.gov.au. Retrieved from Welcome - data.gov.au: https://data.gov.au/dataset/dss-payment-demographic-data
3. Department of Jobs and Small Business. (2018, 09 13). Disability Employment Services Star Ratings. Retrieved from Department of Jobs and Small Business: https://www.jobs.gov.au/disability-employment-services-star-ratings
4. Department of Jobs and Small Business. (2018, 08 27). Unemployment Rate Time Series - Townsville. Retrieved from Welcome to the Labour Market Information Portal: http://lmip.gov.au/default.aspx?LMIP/EmploymentRegion/QLD/Townsville/UnemploymentRateTimeSeries
5. Department of Social Services, Australian Government. (2018, 09 10). Disability Employment Services. Retrieved from Department of Social Services, Australian Government: https://www.dss.gov.au/our-responsibilities/disability-and-carers/programmes-services/disability-employment-services
6. Disability Employment Services. (2018). 2018 DES Star Ratings Methodology Advice.
7. Haynes, M., & Vettovalli, J. (2016, 03 03). NQ Employment - Section 01 - Organisation's Role and Structure. (James Cook University, Interviewer)
8. Haynes, M., & Vettovalli, J. (2016, 03 03). NQ Employment - Section 03 - Marketing Strategies and Funding. (J. C. University, Interviewer)
9. Haynes, M., & Vettovalli, J. (2016, 03 03). NQ_Employment - Section 04 - Project Details. (James Cook University, Interviewer)
10. KPMG. (2016). The Australian Recruitment Industry - A Comparison of Service Delivery. Retrieved from https://docs.jobs.gov.au/system/files/doc/other/the_australian_recruitment_industry experience_accessible_version_august_2016_final.pdf
11. North Queensland Competitive Employment Service Ltd. (2017). Financial Report - 30 June 2017. Retrieved from Registered Charity - ACNC: https://www.acnc.gov.au/RN52B75Q?ID=D2E66794-461B-47B0-9796-1B6A7E3E5BEA&noleft=1
12. North Queensland Competitive Employment Services Ltd. (2016). Financial Report - 30 June 2016. Retrieved from Registered Charity - ACNC: https://www.acnc.gov.au/RN52B75Q?ID=D2E66794-461B-47B0-9796-1B6A7E3E5BEA&noleft=1
13. NQ Employment. (2016, 03 04). NQ Employment Service Delivery Model Flowcharts. Townsville.
14. NQ Employment. (n.d.). NQ Employment - About | Facebook. Retrieved from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/NQEmployment/about/?ref=page_internal
15. NQEmployment. (2018). About - NQEmployment. Retrieved from NQEmployment - Employment Services: https://www.nqemployment.org.au/about
16. PVW Partners Townsville. (n.d.). Business Confidence Rebounds | PVW Partners Townsville. Retrieved from Accountants Townsville | PVW Partners: https://www.pvwpartners.com/bcs-june-2018-quarter-result-3xz5b6/