Delivery in day(s): 4
Organizational Management Editing and Proof Reading Service
The advancement in different technological aspects has given rise to competition relating to employability. In order to support the needs of the students to get employment, ICL created the job search hub. The intention of the undertaking the startup was to support and assist the students in getting their jobs in the respective fields through various programs and activities. However, there are operational plan issues that were analyzed while operating as per the objectives of the business. The report enumerates the overview of the different issues that are faced by the organization. On the other hand, the study also focuses on an issue that is faced by the organization, which is unresolved. Therefore, the research will be delineating the recommended actions that might be considered by the organization in order to mitigate the challenge.
Overview of the challenges faced by ICL previously
The issues that are faced by the concerned organization are related to the lack of proper customer care services, which has affected the objective of the venture to assist the students in finding the most viable job as per their qualifications. The lack of proper identification of needs of the customer, in this case the students can be taken as the customers, affects the supportive framework that is induced in the business model (Sung & Choi, 2012). Therefore, building on the knowledge of the needs of the customers will be helping the organization in enhancing the service propositions of the same while operating on the objectives. On the other hand, the issues relating to technological resources of the business are dependent on the capabilities of the firm to adhere to the different aspects of the customer demands. The performance of the organization is dependent on the suitable management of the web pages through which the firm operates. Therefore, the organization might face issues relating to the appropriate design of the webpage, which will be supporting the needs of the business to assist the students with their queries. The performance of the organization is chiefly dependent on the design of the webpage as per the objectives of guiding the students to find the most preferable jobs relating to their qualifications. On the other hand, the challenge that is faced by ICL Students Job Search Hub related to sales and marketing of their services are based on their knowledge management attributes, which is permitted through the utilization of Big Data in the processes (Cornelissen & Werner, 2014). In this case, the limited knowledge on the market trends might affect the proper functioning of the venture while assisting the students with their preferable job profiles.
The limitation of knowledge on the different job requirements that are posted by the other organizations might affect the propositions and advices that are offered by ICL Students Job Search Hub. Therefore, in order to mitigate the issue the organization might take steps to develop a positive insight into the development of the knowledge management attributes, which will be supporting the venture through updated research on the job market. Billing is again an issue that is faced by the organization, which is left unresolved. It has affected the professional approach of the firm while con ducting their assistance and supportive business structure as per the needs of the students in ICL.
Identification of a challenge that was unresolved (Billing)
Lack of transparent and responsible accounts managerin the organization has affected the functions of the same related toBilling, which is a primary challenge that is faced by the firm. ICL Students Job Search Hub lacks in a suitable accounts manager, which has affected the recordkeeping activities in order to understand the position of the business through reviewing the cash flow in the organization and the operating expenses that are incurred by the same. It has affected the customer satisfaction attributes of the business (Gelens et al., 2013). The lack of Billing and finance department in the organization has affected the interests of the end level consumers of the business through the defaulted payments and lack of recordkeeping for the services that might be provided by the organization. On the other hand, the legal functioning of the business is affected through the lack of smooth functioning financial department.
The mitigation strategies that might be undertaken by the organization are dependent on the establishment of a well functioning finance department which will be helping the organization in maintaining all records of the financial transactions that are undertaken by the same (Morgeson et al., 2013). Recruiting an audit officer in the organizational hierarchy will be helping the business’ management in identifying the strategic position of the firm, which will enable the board in undertaking different modification in order to help the business in undertaking continuous growth.
Therefore, from the above analysis it can be stated that the performance of organizations in the market is based on the identification of different issues and mitigation of the same while operating in the offshore markets. The issues that are faced by ICL Students Job Search Hub have affected the business functioning as per the objectives to guide the students to their desired job roles. The identification of the issues and mitigation of the same has helped the organization in maintaining the smooth functioning of the organization.
The organization, ICL Students Job Search Hub, has taken steps to identify the issues that are faced by the same while operating as per the objectives. The accountability and approach of the organization regarding the modifications are positive which is evident through the application of different mitigation strategies, which has helped in maintaining the efficacy of the functions of the firm (Martin et al., 2012).
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)has formulated different standards for maintaining the smooth functioning of the customer care options. The different aspects of change in the organizational structure and functioning are affected through the lack of proper customer care options (Tseng & Lee, 2014). However, the organization is planning to implement different strategies in order to ensure the proper functioning of the systems as per the objectives of organizational sustenance.
The social responsibility of the organization is supported through the proficient functioning of the customer supports departments. ICL Students Job Search Hub has taken steps to develop different modifications in the organizational context. The organization aims at guiding the students to achieve the job roles as per their subjects (Vaccaro et al., 2012). Therefore, smooth functioning of the organization will be helping the same in upholding the standards of operations while operating on the needs of the students.
The organization employs culturally diverse employees in order to adhere to the different needs of the students while assisting the same to find their dream jobs (Fayard et al., 2012). The key elements of change in the organizational outset are dependent on the capability of the organization to identify issues relating to the cultural clashes and mitigate the same to facilitate the smooth functioning of the systems (Hornstein, 2015).
The implementation of the team of auditors or the finance department in ICL Students Job Search Hubis resisted by the existing employees who used to watch over the financial position of the organization through the utilization of a decentralized structure. The existing employees feared that the establishment of the external audit department would affect the functioning of the business through misstatements that might affect the organizational functioning. The change in the organization through the establishment of financial department will be enabling the firm in recording the financial transactions like cash flow and investments more efficiently (Birasnav, 2014). However, the employees felt that the introduction of the external audit department, which has little knowledge of the processes that are undertaken by the venture, might affect the functioning of the same while operating in the diverse markets. Therefore, the organization faced different resistances while implementing the strategy while implementing a financial department in the business. On the other hand, the employees were of the concern that there might be data breach, which will be affecting the ethical functioning of the business due to lack of professionalism of the external auditors. Therefore, due to the resistances that were imposed by the employees, the organization faced issues while operating on the objectives of undertaking a legal and ethical enterprise through setting up a audit team in the business operations.
The negotiations that were undertaken by the business with the employees focused on the benefits that the organization would derive from the establishment of the audit team relating to billing and record of financial data, which will be helping the management in understanding the position of the venture. Pernot and Roodhooft (2014) stated that negotiations that are undertaken by the business firms helps in involving the workforce in the changes that are planned by the same for improving the performance of the business. Moreover, Daniela (2013) stated that negotiations with the employees will be helping the organization in maintaining the change readiness among the employees which will result to the smooth functioning of the processes as per the objectives of the business. Therefore, contemporary management of the ICL Students Job Search Hub has taken steps to make the people aware of the change that the business might take in order to enhance the operations. The organization will be able to keep a track of the cash flow and other financial elements for understanding the business position while operating in the markets (Hu et al., 2012).
Building on the positive organizational culture is one of the prime concerns of businesses in order to undertake the smooth functioning of the venture. The key elements of organizational change are dependent on the suitable communicational strategies that are undertaken by the management in order to induce change readiness among the workforce. Abbah (2014) stated that communication with the employees and the relevant stakeholders of the business helps the management in inducing the objectives of the business and the different procedures that might be undertaken by the same in maintaining the efficacy of the operations. As per the concerned case of ICL Students Job Search Hub,communication will be helping the management of business in operating as per the objectives of the same. On the other hand, communication of the need of the organization to bring in changes in the processes with the employees will be helping the management of the venture to induce change readiness. Involvement of the employees in the processes that are devised by the organization will be helping the business in undertaking the modification more dynamically (Cantor, Morrow & Montabon, 2012).
Positive organizational culture refers to the smooth functioning of the workforce as per the objectives of the business performance. On the other hand, the different strategies that are undertaken by the business are required to be supported by the employees in order to undertake the smooth functioning of the processes (Wood et al., 2012). Transparency in the operations of the business that is planned by the management of the organization will be helping the concerned organization in gaining over the trust and confidence of the employees. The inter- trust factors between the employees and the management is facilitated through the transparency of operations through clear communication. The organization must maintain a two- way communication strategy, which will be enabling the management to identify the issues that are faced by the workforce while operating on the objectives and processes of the business (Pernot & Roodhooft, 2014). It will be facilitating the management in bringing forth subtle modification in the processes as per the needs of the workforce to undertake the smooth functioning of the same. Mesquida and Mas (2015) stated that organizational culture of the organizations clarifies the objectives of the business and thereby aligns the capabilities of the firm with the different processes that are undertaken by the same. Therefore, the processes that are formed by the concerned organization is requires support of the employees and the relevant stakeholders depending on the assessment of the risks that might be faced by the firm through the implementation. The induction of positive workforce culture in the organizational context will be helping the business in maintaining the proficiency of the functions while operating on the objectives of the same. Induction of definite values in the employees through suitable communicational methodologies will be helping the concerned organization in making the employees aware of the different needs of sustenance of the business. Donaldson, Qiu and Luo (2013) stated that the communicational mechanisms that are undertaken by the businesses assists the same in maintaining the proficiency of the functions while operating on the modifications that are planned by the business. Involvement of the employees and the chief stakeholders in the change processes is a crucial step that the management of the concerned organization is required to take in order to enhance the operations to support positive culture in the organizational context.
The research on the organizational issues was prohibited through the lack of knowledge of the functioning of the organization. Limitation of the information that was provided of the organizational functioning affected my understanding of the issues that are faced by the venture. On the other hand, the secrecy of the venture has affected the scope of my research while identifying the different mitigation strategies that might be applied on the business model in order to enhance the efficiency of the functions. On the other hand, the lack of understanding of the processes that are undertaken by the business due to its subtle complexity of the operations has affected the research.
The challenge that was faced by the team in acquiring the knowledge of the organizational processes has affected the research on the issues that are faced by the same. However, we managed to gather information through interviewing the employees, which has helped in the issue identification. The identification of the issue that is faced by the organization is being mitigated through the application of different relevant managerial theorems relating to the cognitive approach has helped in resolving the challenge that is faced by the business due to lack of suitable customer support team.
1. Abbah, M. T. (2014). Employee motivation: The key to effective organizational management in Nigeria. IOSR Journal of Business and Management, 16(4), 01-08.
2. Birasnav, M. (2014). Knowledge management and organizational performance in the service industry: The role of transformational leadership beyond the effects of transactional leadership. Journal of Business Research, 67(8), 1622-1629.
3. Cantor, D. E., Morrow, P. C., & Montabon, F. (2012). Engagement in environmental behaviors among supply chain management employees: An organizational support theoretical perspective. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 48(3), 33-51.
4. Cornelissen, J. P., & Werner, M. D. (2014). Putting framing in perspective: A review of framing and frame analysis across the management and organizational literature. The Academy of Management Annals, 8(1), 181-235.
5. Daniela, P. M. (2013). The interdependence between management, communication, organizational behavior and performance. Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series, 22(1), 1554-1562.
6. Donaldson, L., Qiu, J., & Luo, B. N. (2013). For rigour in organizational management theory research. Journal of Management Studies, 50(1), 153-172.
7. Fayard, D., Lee, L. S., Leitch, R. A., & Kettinger, W. J. (2012). Effect of internal cost management, information systems integration, and absorptive capacity on inter-organizational cost management in supply chains. Accounting, Organizations and Society, 37(3), 168-187.
8. Gelens, J., Dries, N., Hofmans, J., & Pepermans, R. (2013). The role of perceived organizational justice in shaping the outcomes of talent management: A research agenda. Human Resource Management Review, 23(4), 341-353.
9. Hornstein, H. A. (2015). The integration of project management and organizational change management is now a necessity. International Journal of Project Management, 33(2), 291-298.
10. Hu, Q., Dinev, T., Hart, P., & Cooke, D. (2012). Managing employee compliance with information security policies: The critical role of top management and organizational culture. Decision Sciences, 43(4), 615-660.
11. Martin, R., Muûls, M., de Preux, L. B., & Wagner, U. J. (2012). Anatomy of a paradox: Management practices, organizational structure and energy efficiency. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 63(2), 208-223.
12. Mesquida, A. L., & Mas, A. (2015). Integrating IT service management requirements into the organizational management system. Computer standards & interfaces, 37, 80-91.
13. Morgeson, F. P., Aguinis, H., Waldman, D. A., & Siegel, D. S. (2013). Extending corporate social responsibility research to the human resource management and organizational behavior domains: A look to the future. Personnel Psychology, 66(4), 805-824.
14. Pernot, E., & Roodhooft, F. (2014). The impact of inter-organizational management control systems on performance: A retrospective case study of an automotive supplier relationship. International Journal of Production Economics, 158, 156-170.
15. Sung, S. Y., & Choi, J. N. (2012). Effects of team knowledge management on the creativity and financial performanceof organizational teams. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 118(1), 4-13.
16. Tseng, S. M., & Lee, P. S. (2014). The effect of knowledge management capability and dynamic capability on organizational performance. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 27(2), 158-179.
17. Vaccaro, I. G., Jansen, J. J., Van Den Bosch, F. A., & Volberda, H. W. (2012). Management innovation and leadership: The moderating role of organizational size. Journal of Management Studies, 49(1), 28-51.
18. Wood, S., Van Veldhoven, M., Croon, M., & de Menezes, L. M. (2012). Enriched job design, high involvement management and organizational performance: The mediating roles of job satisfaction and well-being. Human relations, 65(4), 419-445.