HI6006 Competitive Strategy Editing Service
Delivery in day(s): 4
The modern world of business market is getting significantly competitive with each and every passing day and in that case the organizations are restructuring their business operations in order to gain the much-needed breathing space in the intense market competition. It is largely observed that the strategies are the business strategy expansions in the form of the merger or acquisitions. One such case is presented here in the form of Lakeland Wonders. The paper is focused in analysing the ethical change management in the context of the chosen organization.
The change management method is to be utilized by the formation of the two principles consisting of several steps. The first one will be focused on the 7S method where the change management will incorporate skills, strategy, system, structure, shared value, style and staff.
Systems are the areas which gain the maximum focus of the managers as this is the concerned part which specifies the processes and procedures of the organization (Pollack & Pollack, 2015).
The next principle will follow a cyclic process of the steps as mentioned below:
The success of any strategy will be in the better understanding of the objectives by the ones who will implement the plan. Hence the section will effectively communicate the easy to understand visions to the employees (Ravanfar, 2015).
The rate of success of the change management will be increased by the effective identification of the obstacles and the removal of those barriers (Baroto, Arvand & Ahmad, 2014).
The implementation of the change management plans are usually large and in order to implement those plans, it is essential to create short term goals so that the easier implementation of the segmented goals makes the entire process smooth and easy (Shiri, Anvari & Soltani, 2014).
With the concept of the short term wins, the management of the organization, undergoing change process, must focus on the consolidation of the improvements.
With the support of the employees in managing the change, the management must align the values and standards of the organization in order to get continuous quality backing of the employees.
The progressive operations for each and every business organizations will focus in expanding the business. The certain concepts of mergers or opening at other places are significant for any organization in expanding their business. The Kids & Company was one such organization which significantly needed the expansion of the business in order to increase the growth rate. But the senior vice president of the organization, Mark Dawson was blocking the implementation of Cheryl Hailstrom’s vision as he was significantly concerned about the approaching end of the contract with the employee union. Along with that the senior VP was significantly concerned with the rapid speed of relocation where he was in doubt that how quickly the organization can build new infrastructure in the target market. The concern of the senior VP was focused on the uncertainty of the execution of the new plan and this was providing significant resistance to the Cheryl’s plan.
In response to the concern of Mark, Cheryl was able to provide the possible strategies in order to eradicate the concern of Mark. As Mark was confused about the job cuts, Cheryl was quick to reply on that by stating that this will be an expansion of the business and hence it will result in more employment rather than job cuts. In response to the concern of Mark related to scope of building instant infrastructure in the new market, Cheryl was efficient in introducing the plan of outsourcing. Sheryl’s aim was to catch the Bull’s Eye deal for the increment of the growth of the company and Sheryl wanted to focus on the offshore manufacturing in order to reduce the manufacturing cost. This was instrumental in order to capture the mid-market sales.
1. Sheryl must create a sense of urgency in Mark by providing the proper evaluation of the benefits that the company will receive from the Bull’s Eye deal.
2. Sheryl must define the vision clearly so that the employees and Mark understand why the concept of offshore manufacturing is much needed in order to capture the mid-market.
3. Sheryl must create a strong coalition with the new recruitments in the manufacturing and the design section so that the desired growth of the organization does not get blocked.
4. On a concluding note, it can be said that the leading a change will be easier and ethical if the above mentioned frameworks of change management are followed.
1. Alshaher, A. A. F. (2013). The McKinsey 7S model framework for e-learning system readiness assessment. International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, 6(5), 1948.
2. Baroto, M. B., Arvand, N., & Ahmad, F. S. (2014). Effective strategy implementation. Journal of Advanced Management Science Volume, 2(1), 50-54.
3. Ceptureanu, E. G. (2015). Research regarding change management tools on EU SMEs. Business Excellence and Management Review, 5(2), 28-32.
4. Gökdeniz, I., Kartal, C., & Kömürcü, K. (2017). Strategic Assessment based on 7S McKinsey Model for a Business by Using Analytic Network Process (ANP). International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 7(6), 342-353.
5. Hornstein, H. A. (2015). The integration of project management and organizational change management is now a necessity. International Journal of Project Management, 33(2), 291-298.
6. Parker, D., Charlton, J., Ribeiro, A., & D. Pathak, R. (2013). Integration of project-based management and change management: Intervention methodology. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 62(5), 534-544.
7. Pollack, J., & Pollack, R. (2015). Using Kotter’s eight stage process to manage an organisational change program: Presentation and practice. Systemic Practice and Action Research, 28(1), 51-66.
8. Ravanfar, M. M. (2015). Analyzing Organizational Structure based on 7s model of McKinsey. Global Journal of Management And Business Research.
9. Sarayreh, B. H., Khudair, H., & Barakat, E. A. (2013). Comparative study: the Kurt Lewin of change management. International Journal of Computer and Information Technology, 2(4), 626-629.
10. Shiri, S., Anvari, A., & Soltani, H. (2014). An assessment of readiness factors for implementing erp based on agility (extension of mckinsey 7s model). International Journal of Management,Financial Accountingand Economics, 1(3), 229-246.