Delivery in day(s): 3
Marketing Strategy of Pepsi Oz Assignments
PepsiCo is a company which produces soft drinks which are non-calorie carbonated called Diet Pepsi. It was started in 1964 in the United States of America (Rao, & Purkayastha, 2017). Currently, it is facing many issues since most of the people prefer newly healthier drinks and bottled water. It is the second largest soft drink dealing company after the Coca-Cola Company. The ethical issues which have led to its current state are discussed below.
New age beverage competition. More companies which deal with soft drinks and healthier beverages have emerged which include coca cola, Dr. Pepper Snapple, among others (Cohen et al., 2018).
Action Plans include
1. Develop and use public relations - This will help much in creating the good rapport with the company. In addition, the customers will know the trademark of the company.
2. Advertising – improve on the advertising which is done through social media, campaigns, shows and exhibitions and promotions.
3. Have product strategies – Explore all the possible ways of improving the Diet Pepsi. This is in terms of taste, the cost, the strengths and improving on the health effects.
(The link: https://www.iisd.org/business/markets/green_action_plan.aspx)
Rapid market fluctuations. This has been a big issue in the sales of Diet Pepsi. The main cause has been the technological changes as well as generational. Due to the emergence of new and improved technology, better and cheaper products have been manufactured hence the change fluctuations.
Action plans include
1. Maintain supply and costs. This is by maintaining the distribution and not being on and off of the market.
2. Reducing the selling prices but considering the production cost.
3. Giving discounts and incentives.
(The link: https://www.slideshare.net/SameerDhurat/pepsi-vs-coke-76521610)
Takeoffs in international markets. PepsiCo has been competing with Coca-Cola Company but not considering improving its international markets. This is why Coca-Cola is ahead of them in occupying international markets.
1. Avoid smaller market imitations and target on investing in the international markets.
2. Check and packaging and pack more as compared to the other companies.
3. Do market research and find out how to improve in the given countries
(The link: https://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/pepsi-pledges-toe-toe-coke/313280/)
Side effect -. Many customers and clients have preferred not to use the product due to the known and the perceived side effects. Most of the people have the perception that ‘soft drinks have many chemicals’ hence preferring to bottled water and healthier beverages.
Action Plans include.
1. Training the consumers on the side effects of the products and its importance.
2. Explain and include ingredients in the products to do away with the negative perception.
3. Improve on the ingredients used and introduce better ones
Marketing and Communication- This has brought the difference in ranks of the various companies which deal with soft drinks. Coca-Cola has been at the top due to its improved marketing strategies.
1. Introduce discounts and incentives. This will encourage customers to buy more products.
2. Introduce promotions. This can include partnering with other companies such as communication companies where customers can subscribe to or benefit from using the product.
3. Cover all primary communication channels which customers use to get information. In addition, introduce ways in which customers can give their views and feedback about the use of the product.
1. Cohen, D. A., Bogart, L., Castro, G., Rossi, A. D., Williamson, S., & Han, B. (2018). Beverage marketing in retail outlets and The Balance Calories Initiative. Preventive medicine, 115, 1-7.
2. Rao, A. S., & Purkayastha, D. (2017). Sustainable development at PepsiCo. In Case Studies in Sustainability Management (pp. 77-98). Routledge