Delivery in day(s): 3
Labour Analysis Assignment Help
This is a solution of Labour Analysis Assignment Help in which we discuss Staff turnover issues and organization workforce strategy.
To complete the tasks and operations for any organization, management requires the skilled and knowledgeable labour that can consider the requirements and meet the standard. Workforce refers to resource that resides in the knowledge, skills and motivation of people to manage the business operations and improve the proficiency and productivity. The report will assess the factors that affecting the supply and demand of labour in food industry as well initiative of government that have significant impact on demand supply of labour in Australia. Moreover, report will identify the staff diversity and current strategy of organization and workforce plans. It will also define the strategies to find skilled labour. Furthermore, report will analyse the future strategy of organization for modification and need of workforce in future.
1. Factors affecting the supply of labour
According to research that has been conducted by Australian government for analysing and identifying the factors that affecting the supply of labour. Following are the major factors that affecting the supply:
- Globalization:This is being considered key factors that affecting the supply of skilled labour in country as people are moving out of nation to gain the personal objectives and achieving higher place. For example, high demand of labour in developing nation is attracting the skilled labour to establish their career in those areas.
- Better compensation:Every individual work for gaining the satisfactory wages to survive and maintain the standard in living. According to bureau of labour statistics report, fluctuation in economy and organizational process of managing the financial management resources hinder the supply of labour as people turn to the industry or specific areas where high wages and benefits have been offered (Budhwar and Debrah, 2013).
- Technology:In past years, it is been observed that use of technical tools and machinery is affecting the supply of the skilled labour which forcing the quality workforce to move on to other industries for gaining the survival amount. This is an important factors which need to be considering by all kind of organization to retain the staff and manage the operational more professionally.
2. Factors that affecting the demand of labour
Following are the major factors that affecting the demand of the labour in Australian market:
- Output price:According to research, the cost of production and lower value of the marginal production has direct impact on the demand of the labour. For example, if the cost of the production is high than organization will try to engage minimum of labour and try to achieve the target. This kind of situation influences the level of stress in staff and affects the demand of qualified human resource.
- Economy:This is been considered that most influencing factor that affects the demand of the labour as the Business economic conditions of organization get affected due to external factors. If the majority of organization is experiencing the less production than there is lack of demand of labour (Chell and Karata_-Èzkan, 2014).
- Outsourcing:In the current scenario, outsourcing of goods and services for completing the tasks has significant impact on the demand of local labour as organization are assembling the products and services through outsourcing. Many of organization from Australia are investing in developing country as the cost of labour is low which affecting the demand of labour in local marketplace.
3. Government initiative that can affect demand and supply of labour in food industry
The national and local government of Australia is taking initiative for managing the demand and supply for labour as well as wellbeing of working people. However government of Australia has taken the initiative for encouraging the supply and demand but there some factors that affecting the over all process of managing the demand and supply of labour. Following initiative can affect the process:
Flexibility: Government has taken initiative for encouraging the flexibility in the working hours and approaches of organizations. The objectives of this initiative is to involve the woman and students to provide them opportunities to earn but now this plan is affecting the demand and supply of the labour as people are not giving preference to full time job and working is part time where they can work according to their conditions. Flexibility in work is essential as the changes in the market and economy influence the operational activities of food industry. Moreover, food organizations are trying to offer 24*7 services to visitors for that rule of flexibility would be better option but in the current scenario it affecting the demand and supply of skilled labour in market.
Education and training: The national government is trying to improve the professional training and education for the people and students. This kind of approach is helping people to get the job according to their areas of interest and skills. However, this initiative is good for the labour to gain the knowledge and increase the level of skills but higher proficiency and demand of high wages according to skills can influence the demand and supply of labour in food industry (Ehnert.et.al. 2013). The professional chef and staff are moving out of country for gaining the higher wages and monetary benefits after completing the training and educational courses.
Part B: Current situation of organization
1. Diversity in organization
Lion is food and beverages organization that operating the business in country by offering the products like beer, wine, dairy products and juices as well food as per the trends. The quality of products and services of food organization is good that helping to retain the customers and visitors. Organization is having diversity in staffing and selection of employees that supporting Lion management to deal with the people from different backgrounds. The top management of Lion is using the diversity elements for meeting the requirements of the organization. For that following diversity variables needs to be considered by Lion:
Gender:At food and beverages organization different types of customer arrive for buying the wines and food which includes the woman also. For that reason to deal with these customers Lion management has appointed the woman staff that performs the services and delivery of products to these customer which helps to meet the needs and requirements of the organization to maintain positive relation (Hunter and Schmidt, 2014).
Culture: The top management of Lion food and beverages is involving different types of cultural activities and trends to attract the customer. In that organization has appointed the people from different background who have knowledge about the languages, process of delivering the food and beverages and understanding of needs for maintaining the relationship with the visitors. Now it can be considered that diversity in staffing is helping organization to meet the organizational goals and objectives.
2. Current strategy and workforce plan of Lion
Lion food and beverages is following power strategy for managing the human resources in which organization is empowering the staff members to make decision according to requirements of situation. This kind of strategy is helping to increase the faith confidence level of staff member that helps in the proper planning and utilization of resources to achieve the financial and operational goals more professional manners (Miller and Rice, 2013). Apart from this, organization is looking to expand the business in other areas of country and for that management is appointing the scenario staff from establish outlets to maintain the existing culture and process which meet the workforce planning.
3. Staff turnover and issues
According to analysis of Lion staffing and retention policy, it is been considered that organization is not facing the issues regarding the employees turnover as management is having the team of more than 30 at their individual outlet for longer period of time. In spite of that, due to personal issues and poor performance staffs leave the job but this rate of employee turnover is acceptable. Additionally, lack of opportunity and growth in the food industry also has significant impact on the employee turnover rate for Lion food and beverages (Rea.et.al. 2014). For example, Lion management is not offering the promotion and satisfactory appraisal in wage and salary that influence the decision of staff and increase the turnover rate.
4. Strategies to find the skilled labour
In order to find the skilled labour for developing the products and offering the desired services to the customer. Lion management could use the following strategies:
- Offer training: To find and develop the team of knowledgeable and skilled staff members, Lion management could offer the training and set the guideline which will help to meet the organizational objectives. For example, in training management will provide information about the communication, managing resources and time management which will improve the efficiency in work.
- Proper pay and benefits: This strategy will be more effective for finding the skilled and qualified labour for managing the work (Taylor, 2014). According to this strategy, Lion management need to offer the minimum wages and other benefits like leaves, insurance and flexible working hours that will attract the skilled people to join the organization.
5. Contingency options to deal with extreme situation
For the situation like where replacements of workers are hard, the management of Lion food and beverages can use option of employee rotation which will help to maintain the effective flow of work and increase the skills and knowledge of staff members which can be useful in these conditions. For example, organization is offering the opportunities for new staff to perform the multiple tasks like front office, customer handling and record keeping which will be helpful to have the proper replacement of staff in critical condition (Townley, 2014).
Part B: Future analysis
1. Change and modification in organization workforce strategy
According to future trends and requirements, Lion management need to make changes in the workforce planning strategy to retain the staff. For modification, organization will consider the economy and needs of the staff. As per the survey, the economy of the Australia will be slow down in the upcoming year which will influence the demand and supply of the labour. Now to deal with the condition in future, organization need to provide the necessary wages and benefits to existing staff to retain them for future as well as improve the standard in food and beverages services as they gain the experience about the process of services.
2. Workforce need for future
The food industry of Australia is growing and will required quality management system for managing the operation and services to meet the expectations of customers. According to analysis, in upcoming years Lion food and beverages will requires the additional workforce up to 30% to maintain the proper flow of services. As per the government survey, food processing and services industry will have the highest requirements for skilled workforce in future one or two years (Storey, 2014). Moreover, compared to Australia’s services-industries will have average of 62 % for future demand of workforce.
3. Current workforce capacity to meet predicted demand
Lion food and beverages organization is operating their business with the proper workforce as the organization has the team of quality staff members that are performing the tasks according to required standard. However to meet the future demand, organization need to recruit new staff members as food organization is looking to expand the business as well there will be lack of labour in the coming years. In addition to this, organization also performing the business in dairy products and the demand of these products and services will be increase. Now to maintain the smooth process in work, organization needs to appoint skill staff.
4. Strategy to identify gaps and oversupply of staff
To identify gap and supply of staff, Lion management could use strategy to analyse the cost of production and lower value of the marginal production which has direct impact on the demand of the labour. Moreover in the current scenario, outsourcing of goods and services for completing the tasks has significant impact on the demand of local labour as organization are assembling the products and services through outsourcing (Arthur, 2012). By evaluating the government reports and survey conducted by the different agencies the Lion management will able to gain the knowledge to maintain the supply of staff.
5. Communication of strategy to staff members
The management could use the following communication styles for sharing the information with employees:
Email: This would be cost and time effective business communication style that could be used by the manager at Lion food and beverages. Email communication will help to maintain the two way communication process as the employees of organization can provide their input for changes and offer new ideas for managing the operations.
Meetings: This is traditional method of communicating the information to respective staff members and collecting the real time feedback to analyze the response of individual (Bamberger.et.al. 2014). By conducting meeting with staff, management could communicate the changes and able to assign role and responsibilities.
Following are the key recommendations for improvement in the workforce planning:
- Encouraging more employees to invest in training
- Increase the diversity in the selection and recruitment
- Analysis of forecasting of labour supply and demand
- Consideration of rules and legislations for managing ethical approach in managing human resource.
- Organization need to promote the employees rotation for improving the capacity.
From the Labour Analysis Assignment Help, it can be considered that demand and supply of labour plays critical role in organizational planning and achievement of objectives. Report has discussed the factors that affecting the supply and demand in Australian market. Moreover, report has analysed the condition of Lion food and beverages organization using the current and future workforce needs that will help to manage the resources and plan the activities accordingly.
Books and journals
Arthur, D., 2012. Recruiting, interviewing, selecting & orienting new employees. AMACOM Div American Mgmt Assn.
Bamberger, P.A., Biron, M. and Meshoulam, I., 2014. Human resource strategy: Formulation, implementation, and impact. Routledge.
Budhwar, P.S. and Debrah, Y.A. eds., 2013. Human resource management in developing countries. Routledge.
Chell, E. and Karata_-Èzkan, M. eds., 2014. Handbook of research on small business and entrepreneurship. Edward Elgar Publishing.
Ehnert, I., Harry, W. and Zink, K.J. eds., 2013. Sustainability and human resource management: Developing sustainable business organizations. Springer Science & Business Media
Hunter, J.E. and Schmidt, F.L., 2014. Fitting people to jobs: the impact of personnel selection. Human Performance and Productivity: Volumes 1, 2, and 3, p.233.
Miller, E.J. and Rice, A.K. eds., 2013. Systems of organization: The control of task and sentient boundaries. Routledge.
Rea, E., Rummel, J., Schmidt, T.T., Hadar, R., Heinz, A., Mathé, A.A. and Winter, C., 2014. Anti-anhedonic effect of deep brain stimulation of the prefrontal cortex and the dopaminergic reward system in a genetic rat model of depression: an intracranial self-stimulation paradigm study. Brain stimulation, 7(1), pp.21-28.
Storey, J., 2014. New Perspectives on Human Resource Management (Routledge Revivals). Routledge.
Taylor, V.F., 2014. Gaining Experience Using the Classification Method: A Job Evaluation Exercise. Journal of Human Resources Education, 8(2/3), pp.32-45.
Townley, B., 2014. Selection and appraisal: reconstituting. New Perspectives on Human Resource Management (Routledge Revivals), p.92.