Delivery in day(s): 4
ICTNWK403 Manage network and data integrity Assignment Help
Information gathered during the task
1. Use a suitable auditing tool conduct a complete audit of your allocated workstation and record the results.
Auditing tool: eZ-AudIT
About software: eZ-AudIT software is on-demand audit software used for the large enterprises. It audits the server and the workstation.
1. Install the ondemand.exe and eZAdit.exe
2. Two folders should be created on the network and on the server where all the members uses it
3. Now a command is added to run when the users login their account
4. Point-click configuration settings should be created for the audits
5. Start the audit with the selection of the workstation whenever required (Ezaudit, 2018).
2. Use a suitable antivirus tool conduct virus checks of your allocated workstation and record the results.
About software: It is a very popular tool for the antivirus detection and can be used for the large enterprises.
1. Insert the quick heal CD and autorun it
2. Click on install for installation of the tool
3. Double click on set up and screen will appear
4. Click on ‘I Agree’ for accepting the licensing agreement
5. Click on next to proceed and set up will start to install
6. Click on finish to complete the installation (Esupport, 2017).
3. Use a suitable backup tool conduct a backup of your allocated workstation.
Backup tool:Yadis- Backup
About software:Yadis- Backup is free software helps in back up of the data in terms of file and folder without using any preferences. Any type of file versions can be stored easily (Fisher, 2018).
Steps for setting the backup:
1. Open settings from general settings
2. Click on self-backup listed in left menu
3. Select a folder for the storage and it must be a secure path
4. Enable the auto back-up
5. Click on back up now and then to ‘save’
4. Use the same backup tool used in task 3 and demonstrate the process of restoring a deleted file.
If the file from the storage has been deleted accidentally the follow the steps given below for the recovery of the file:
1. Select task and then click on edit menu
2. Click on the general type node and click on advanced
3. Now click on file monitoring and then click on checkbox of Process deleted events
4. Now click on Save gave at the bottom
5. This will get the deleted file easily (Codessentials, 2018).
5. Install and demonstrate the use of a tool real-time file synching.
File synching tool: Synchredible
About software: This software is used for the file syncing and very helpful. This is good synchronizer and does theoperation for both files and folders.
Demonstration for synchronizing:It involves following steps-
a. Select folder for synchronizing
b. Enable the one or two-way method for synchronizing
c. Now add different parameters such as deletion of repetitive files, ignore hidden data and so on.
d. Now filter should be enabled for including and excluding the files
e. Set up automatic task
f. Act actions before run
g. Add a name and hotkey for thetask and click on enable for preview feature (Agolz, 2015).
6. Compare the differences between real-time file synching and traditional backup methods.
Traditional backup methods: This method is used for storing the data and this involves data to store manually. This type of method needed workforce for the operations and other activities. Regular data cannot be done as it becomes a manual process. Any modification of the data cannot directly do on the location.
Real-time file synching: This involves the same backup activities that have to be done for the backup of the data. It involves regular updates and any modification can be directly done on the backup location. Auto backup can be effectively done in this (Jottacloud, 2018).
Brief analysis- Traditional backup methods versus real-time file synching methods
The difference between traditional backup methods versus real-time file synching methods is given below:
Table1:Traditional backup methods versus real-time file synching methods
Traditional backup methods
Real-time file synching
Require staff members to handle
No need of staff members
Data lost from here difficult to retrieved
Data can be restored when lost
No regular updates
No availability of automatic backup
Availability of automatic backup
Advantages of Traditional backup methods
1. Control on routine back up
2. Have to work differently on different sizes of the file
3. Reduces file fragmentation
4. Easy to restore full backups or to migrate the data
5. Continuous data protection
6. Resilient to error or corruption (Techsupportalert, 2015).
Disadvantages of Traditional backup methods
1. Risk of hacking
2. Always require internet connectivity
3. Require high-security measures
4. Require physical back up devices (Synthesis IT, 2014).
Advantages of real-time file synching methods
1. Enhance productivity even with different locations
2. Synchronization can be done to online sources and can easily be accessed to any device
3. Able to combine with real-time sync and easy collaborations
4. Have merging capabilities and also provide comparisons(Techsupportalert, 2015).
Disadvantages of real-time file synching methods
1. Require at least one computer to perform the synchronization
2. There is no availability of web application for accessing
3. Individual sharing is not available
4. Some produce errors in collaborations
5. Only syncs between computers(Klosowski, 2015).
6. Require continuous internet access
In which situations would you use one method over the other?
I would like to prefer real-time file synching methods, as they are more secure and have anauto speciality. The backup of large files can be done easily and any modification can be updated at the file location automatically.
Results of information gathering activities:
I have analysed the workstations and performed the audit for the different sections of the workstation. The results are described in the table.
Table2: Results of the activities
System is secure
Backup has been successfully
Sync of file and folder has been done successfully
Recommendations: Appropriate recommendations for the improving the network system and the data integrity is given below:
1. Different layer of the networking system should be handled carefully
2. Prevent unauthorized third party from getting into the system
3. Secure protocols must be developed for the data link layer in addition to the correct configuration of virtual networks
4. Use the strong password protection and encrypted connections in the network layer
5. End to end protection of the terminals with the help of many devices such as firewalls (Bilic, 2015).
Agolz, E. (2015). Problem with sync on UBS plug in. - Synchredible. [online] ASCOMP Software GmbH. Available at: https://www.ascomp.de/forum/index.php?showtopic=3834 [Accessed 23 Feb. 2018].
Bili?, D. (2015). Strengthening the different layers of IT networks. [online] WeLiveSecurity. Available at: https://www.welivesecurity.com/2015/06/30/strengthening-the-different-layers-of-it-networks/ [Accessed 23 Feb. 2018].
Codessentials. (2018). Yadis! Backup. [online] Available at: http://www.codessentials.com/ [Accessed 23 Feb. 2018].
Ezaudit. (2018). Users Guide and Help. [online] Available at: http://www.ezaudit.net/guide/r3/# [Accessed 3 March 2018].
Fisher, T. (2018). Yadis! Backup: A Complete Review. [online] Lifewire. Available at: https://www.lifewire.com/yadis-backup-review-2617950 [Accessed 23 Feb. 2018].
Klosowski, T. (2015). How (and Why) to Ditch Dropbox and Sync Files with BitTorrent Sync. [online] Lifehacker. Available at: https://lifehacker.com/how-and-why-to-ditch-dropbox-and-sync-files-with-bitt-1686702811 [Accessed 23 Feb. 2018].
Synthesis IT. (2014). The Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Backup. [online] Available at: http://www.synthesis-it.co.uk/blog/the-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-online-backup/ [Accessed 23 Feb. 2018].
Techsupportalert. (2015). Types of Backup Software : What’s the difference between Disk Imaging, File Based Backup, or Synchronization, and which should I use?. [online] Available at: https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/types-backup-software-what-s-difference-between-disk-imaging-file-based-backup-or-synchroniz [Accessed 23 Feb. 2018].