Delivery in day(s): 3
HI5019 Strategic Information Systems Assignments
Technology and internet has been creating various opportunities for business organizations behaviour. IT has been providing various advantages to the operation of the business organization. This report focuses on the changes improvised in the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA). This bank has been ranked as one of the largest banks in Australia. This bank has been serving huge number of people across Australia and other counties. The bank has been providing loans and other retail business investments in the market. The services provided by the bank has been creating a string base of customer in the market. This report has been focusing in the modification of strategies in order to improve their business in the market.
Critical factors of success of CBA
The bank has been developing various factors to gain success in the business. The operational strategy has been modified for the company to increase their services in the market. There have been various technologies in the market for the development of the company. However, CBA has developed a mobile banking system. CBA is the largest bank in Australia. The bank has a huge number of customers in the market. Therefore, the operations of the bank have been expanded all over the world. Services provided by the CBA has been accepted by huge number of clients in the market. The bank has been able t meet the expectations of customers in the market by providing quality banking services. Therefore, there have been some factors that are responsible for the success of the company in the market.
1. The bank has been to provide recognition and prizes to employees based on their established performances.
2. The bank has been based on high level training session for employees in order to enhance skills and performance at workforce.
3. The bank has provided clear goals and objectives to employees in order to achieve their goals.
4. However, there are some objectives of CBA provided below:
5. To manage customer share in the bank by direct online firm of leadership
6. To perform low structure of cost
7. To execute appropriate management form in order to provide leadership skills to people
8. To implement different types of financial services for meeting expectations and need of clients
Relevance of objectives
The Commonwealth Bank is increasing its competitive structure in order to maintain a competitive structure of cost analysis. The growth in the database of customers in the company have been increasing the sales of the bank in the market. The main goal of the bank has been expansion over the internet. The major success factors have been maintained in the web expansion of bank. The bank has been expanded over the internet. Various initiatives have been taken in order to perform an analytical approach towards the growth of CBA.
The mission statement of the Commonwealth Bank has been able to execute quality level services to customers by completing their needs and requirements.
The organizational structure of CBA
Figure 1: Organizational chart of CBA
(Source: Created by author)
Analysis of Commonwealth bank of Australia
The current system of CBA
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia is a private company which is listed in the Australian Securities Exchange. It has been one of the largest bank in Australia, providing services over Australia, Asia, USA, Fiji and New Zealand. The bank provide proper banking services to users and customers in order to invest in their company. The organizational structure of the bank has been in a vertical alignment for estimating operation in a network based structure. The primary vision of the bank has been to become first rank in the banking sector. The innovative parts of the CBA have been incorporated with the Information Technology frameworks inside parts of association. Its mix has been eat in the bank for keeping up day by day administrations and activities in the bank gave to the clients. The bank has been searching for upgrading their exhibitions in the market for drawing in more clients in the bank. The specialized changes in the frameworks have been helping in adjusting innovation utilized in the frameworks (Wu, Straub and Liang 2015). The portable application help in performing by and large every one of the undertakings and data including exchange and exchange. In this way, alongside site of the organization and versatile application have been helping in picking up client involvement in their own gadgets.
Mr. Whitely is the official chief of the organization has announced portable managing an account frameworks of the CBA can be compensated as one of the protected type of access strategies with examination of other PC saving money framework. The keeping money framework have been upgraded with the usage of data innovation. The cell phones have been utilizing the SIM to connect keeping money frameworks with the web program. The security conventions may have been refreshed for expanding security in the system of the saving money framework (Torres, Mayo and Jiménez 2018). The utilization of current form of portable application has been refreshed for including new highlights in the versatile application. The crucial motivation of organization is to expand security level of database and server of the organization over the web.
Control Weakness of CBA
Upgrade of versatile managing an account framework, there have been high dangers in security of database and server of the framework. The keeping money arrangement of the Commonwealth Bank has been following different type of system has been founded on worries of the security inside managing an account segment. A customer has possessed the capacity to exchange cash starting with one managing an account then onto the next in an easy to use condition. There has possessed the capacity to check the present status of their record (Aversa, Cabantous and Haefliger 2018). However, there has been different clients that have been profit to give diverse short level of trust on the managing an account.
In current occasions, there have been different cases and hacks in the saving money frameworks that has been bringing down of trust in different portable based saving money shapes. There are different clients that have been different managing an account frameworks as it has been bringing bother of the clients. There have been suppositions for keeping any sorts of immediate and roundabout types of attacks on the frameworks (Maharaj and Brown 2015). There have been instrument of security are kept up by embracing CBA for various types of security issues have been assaulted by unapproved clients.
There have been different shortcomings of CBA for outsourcing offices from outsider engineering. There have been different treatment of client administration of versatile saving money frameworks with the assistance of outsider. The arrangement of saving money taken after by CBA has possessed the capacity to keep up some system that depend on security worries with versatile managing an account. A customer may profit this innovation as it give versatility by which they can get to the managing an account framework. (Henriques de Gusmão and Pereira Medeiros 2016) Mobile saving money have helped in keeping up an appropriate methodology for applying innovation in the managing an account. With the help of the adaptable keeping cash structures given by the CBA, the customers would have the ability to trade money beginning with one setting aside some cash account then onto the following in a straightforward condition. They may similarly check the present status of their record. There are a couple of customers who probably would not wish to profit these sorts of high kind of organizations in view of a short level of trust on the setting aside extra cash (Salim, Arjomandi and Seufert 2016).
In the continuous events, there have been huge cases of extortion and hacks inside the setting aside some cash structures, which has provoked bringing down of trust in the compact based keeping cash shapes. These customers are not set up to get such sorts of dealing with a record structures as it would assist load the bit of the customers with the supposition that they would not have the ability to keep any sorts of prompt or abnormal kinds of attacks on the systems (Abdelhak, Grostick and Hanken 2014). The instrument of security that are basically gotten by the CBA generally go up against different kinds of security issues, for instance, being struck by various sorts of unapproved customers. This is generally seen as the most bewildering kind of need in the parts of security (Brown and Davis 2015).
Another kind of deficiency that is looked by the CBA is that the banks mainly outsource their workplaces from untouchable plan. They generally handle the customer organization of adaptable setting aside some cash structures with the help of an outcast master center (Florina, Ludovica and Leonica 2013). They are thusly accountable for secure kind of trades and organization of the systems. This kind of procedure is in like manner accountable for reducing the confirmation issues. There is no such sort of trust in the security of the data of the records of the customers that would join the purposes of enthusiasm of the monetary equalization, areas of the customers, which would be regulated by the pariah pro center. In this way the customer would not have the ability to feel the security of sharing their own passwords and other regular purposes important to the dark outcast. A part of exchange sorts of issues that are essentially looked with the execution of the organizations given by the pariah consolidate framework control and security, parental based controls, interoperability systematization, commitment, neutralizing activity from fakes and check, insurance of customers and taught assent (Salim, Arjomandi and Seufert 2016).
(Fig 2: Data Flow Diagram of the Systems of Commonwealth Bank of Australia)
New Improved System for the Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Primary Features of New Improved System
The flexible dealing with a record system are regarded to be significantly tied down in the keeping cash division. Other than the standard sorts of keeping cash based organizations, the rising of adaptable dealing with a record progresses are rising at a quick pace. They are demonstrating gigantic level of updates yet they are defying distinctive sorts of security threats inside the structures at CBA (Devadevan 2013). A part of the improved features behind the security of the adaptable setting aside extra cash structures join the use of biometrics, blend of PLS with the HLS rules and refresh the brought together server systems to a UNIX and DB2.
With the help of giving of biometric procedure to the security of the devices, the CBA would have the ability to get preposterous levels of trusts with the adaptable dealing with a record systems. This would have the ability to ensure the trust inside the structures of convenient keeping cash (Lovelock and Patterson 2015. The usage of biometric instrument would be basic as it helps in the difference in the levels of security inside the dealing with a record structures of CBA (Bajada and Trayler 2015). There are diverse sorts of parts for biometric affirmation in light of the techniques for affirmation. Each one of the characteristic features of individuals move from one another. In this manner, it could be suggestible that the biometric feature of approval would be particularly useful for checking the customer. A part of interchange features in perspective of biometric check that could be consolidated inside the dealing with a record structures of CBA fuse hand based affirmation, face affirmation, exceptional stamp affirmation and voice affirmation. Distinctive kinds of research in the field of interesting finger impression affirmation advancement are being made and more up and coming sorts of sensors are being delivered.
The mix of PLS with HLS structures would in like manner wind up being beneficial for the security of the systems. The UI of the PLS is basically taken a shot at a non-supportable stage. In this kind of systems, the bank would normally need to enter the data in perspective of the applications on the web into the structures in light of PLS to create the documentation of credit. Subsequently, remembering the ultimate objective to diminish the costs, streamline the level of value and improve the level of handiness, the CBA should have the ability to organize these structures inside their zone. With the coordination of these structures inside their division, the CBA would be significantly productive for exceling their levels of customer organizations with the help of their IT authority centers. The establishment of IT inside the CBA have a vital history of accomplishment (Van Oosterzee, Dale and Preece 2014). Along these lines they would have the ability to realize much better sorts of structures in order to give better kinds of customer advantage. The use of these sorts of structures inside the IT establishment would be valuable for settling on speedier kinds of decisions, financing, partition between more unmistakable kind of things and thusly reaping higher sorts of support rates.
The CBA has a higher kind of IT develop establishment arranged in light of IT structures. With the help of their IT accessories, the CBA should upgrade their old concentrated PC systems that relied upon the more settled interpretations of Windows OS to a significantly more lifted sum in perspective of DB2 and UNIX structures. With the refresh of the systems to an absolutely remarkable incorporated PC structures, it would be to an awesome degree basic for the IT systems and convenient keeping cash section to stay protected from a couple of sorts of risks inside the systems. The CBA would in like manner have the ability to extend the level of capability inside the affiliation and besides would have the ability to lessen the costs (Bott and Milkau 2014). The CBA structures should moreover realize computerization systems inside their relationship to build the security levels, screen over their present IT systems, and enable higher paces of setting up that would have the ability to offer higher kinds of paces inside the transparency of the systems.
Relevance of the New Advanced Technologies
The execution of the more cutting-edge kinds of structures could be requested under the EDI (Electronic Data Interchange). This structures is an electronic sort of trade in light of the information related to a business affiliation. This structure allow the IT systems of CBA for the treatment of information using a standardized association. With the help of this system, the association would have the ability to send essential information to some other association in an electronic course of action. With the help of the EDI structures, the CBA keeping cash systems would have the ability to diminish the perils of losing of sensitive information system. This is a result of the reason that with the effect of EDI structures, the data would be traded to another division in an electronic, tied down sort out and a speedy design. The usage of EDI structures inside the dealing with a record systems of CBA would have the ability to help the keeping cash territory to evade diverse sorts of data incidents in the midst of the strategy of movement as the transmissions could be easily taken after and would be checked dynamically circumstances (Jain, Keneley and Thomson 2015).
The usage of EDI systems inside the latest blueprint of the new information structures inside the keeping cash division would be particularly profitable for supporting the capability inside the work procedure, streamlining of the distinctive techniques related to the trading of records, saving of a considerable measure of time, decline of goofs and moreover procuring accuracy of upgrading of reports, which would enable the faster kinds of business related trades. The method of EDI is moreover altogether more monetarily smart. From this time forward, the blend of the EDI systems inside the new completed structures of the setting aside some cash some portion of CBA (Mocker, Weill and Woerner 2014).
Other Kinds of Requirements
Technological Platforms for the System
Potential Security Risks for the Banking Sector of CBA
There are distinctive sorts of potential security risks that could impact the keeping cash systems of Commonwealth Bank of Australia. A part of the attacks on the structures of CBA include:
Trojan Horse Attacks – These sorts of attacks inside the setting aside some cash system could help the aggressor with welcoming a Trojan. This could be as a key logger program in perspective of the PC of the customer. This would routinely occur at whatever point the customer would get to particular locales and use a couple of sorts of downloaded programs. While getting to the webpage or the downloaded programs, the key logger program would similarly get presented inside the figuring structures without the learning of the customer (Bhunia et al. 2014). At whatever point the customer would sign into the site of the bank, the information would be gotten in the midst of the particular session and would be passed on to the aggressor.
Malicious Hackers – These kinds of dangerous attacks inside the systems of dealing with a record would insinuate the break in to the enlisting structures without a real sort of endorsement. These might consolidate the outside and inside individuals inside the section of dealing with a record. Hacking is a kind of activity that has ended up being extensively more inescapable in the progressing events. In this manner this has considered the inspiration driving getting to the site remoty. Developers can go into the high really guaranteed structures with the help of various sorts of supporting equipment, for instance, switches or switches. Consequently this can totally hurt the framework resolute quality.
Phishing attacks – With the huge rising in the limit of individual information of the customers who are associated with the keeping cash section, it has been an essential sort of commitment in regards to the security of the dealing with a record systems. Maltreatment of various sorts of individual information, for instance, driving grant, record numbers or government oversaw funds numbers could provoke the lead of taking of various sorts of budgetary based trades. The keeping cash parts have altogether felt the issue of phishing based attacks in their significantly made system, which is continually being thought as a peril factor for the affiliations and the organizations given by the setting aside some cash fragment.
Man-in-the-Middle (MITM) Attacks – In these sorts of attacks that are looked by the keeping cash structures, an imposter site is made for the noteworthy purpose behind getting thought of a wide number of customers who generally get to the particular kind of site. In this kind of ambush on the structure, the assailant can trap the customer with the help of covering a character in order to take ensure the customer that the message was starting from a trusted in source. On productive undertaking of the attacker, the customers would be occupied to the site of the aggressor and along these lines all the private and mystery information of the customer would be totally granted to the aggressor. Along these lines the grouped information related to the keeping cash related trades would be granted to the attacker and thusly they may maltreatment with the information (Bicakci et al. 2014).
Data bursts are moreover a run of the mill sort of activity inside the setting aside some cash structures. These can provoke huge kind of impacts inside the structures. These can provoke the loss of private and characterized data of the affiliation. The information of the customer would in like manner be placed being referred to in the midst of such cases of data breaks inside a particular affiliation.
Accounting Controls over the New Banking System
There are distinctive sorts of accounting control structures and strategies, which could be taken after for keeping a monstrous kind of control over the private data inside the setting aside extra cash part.
Physical Audits – These sorts of surveys inside the inward structure would insinuate the affirmation and audit over the physical assets of the information systems inside a keeping cash affiliation. A significant part of the greater exercises inside the dealing with a record fragment would commonly require a yearly or quarterly commence audit over their structures (Jiménez, Lopez and Saurina 2013).
Support Authority – There should be a fitting kind of essential of specific sort of chiefs who may be uncommonly possessed all the necessary qualities with the true objective of area of any sorts of fakes inside the systems. These sorts of trades would have the ability to incorporate an alternate layer of security over the trades. An authentic kind of underwriting of greater sorts of portions and diverse sorts of expenses of the structure would be crucial for the balancing activity of such kind of tricky activities that may occur over the systems (Goodhart et al. 2013).
Figure 3: ER diagram
(Source: Created by Author)
The segment of Duties – The division of various sorts of commitments would incorporate the piece of different kinds of obligations that are collected on the setting aside extra cash structures, for instance, stores, bookkeeping, investigating and enumerating.
Access over Controls – There should be an authentic sort of power over the dealing with a record structures with the help of lockouts, passwords and electronic kinds of logs, which would be valuable for protecting any sort of unapproved customers from getting to the honest to goodness system. A solid kind of following of access would in like manner have the ability to serve any sort of tricky activities inside the system (Laeven and Valencia 2013).
It can be concluded that CBA has been extending its business in the market. The procedure for determination of biometrics inside the flexible keeping cash systems would have the ability to recognize the physical direct of any individual. The usage of biometric method would be a useful methodology as the biometric inconspicuous components of a man are remarkable for every person. From this time forward it is incredibly inconceivable for copying, sharing or disregarding of the passwords. This is a result of the reason as each individual has their own one of a kind character. They have been refreshing their licenses for giving abnormal state of client administrations. One of the effective execution of innovation in CBA has been usage if versatile saving money framework in the organization. The majority of the clients utilized versatile as an available gadget. In this manner, versatile saving money may assist them with reaching the bank all the more effectively.
1. Azaria, A., Rabinovich, Z., Goldman, C.V. and Kraus, S., 2015. Strategic information disclosure to people with multiple alternatives. ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST), 5(4), p.64.
2. Barrett, M. and Oborn, E., 2013. Envisioning e-HRM and strategic HR: Taking seriously identity, innovative practice, and service. The Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 22, pp.252-256.
3. Baskerville, R., Spagnoletti, P. and Kim, J., 2014. Incident-centered information security: Managing a strategic balance between prevention and response. Information & management, 51(1), pp.138-151.
4. Beynon-Davies, P., 2013. Business information systems. Macmillan International Higher Education.
5. Bharadwaj, A., El Sawy, O., Pavlou, P. and Venkatraman, N., 2013. Digital business strategy: toward a next generation of insights.
6. Dulipovici, A. and Robey, D., 2013. Strategic alignment and misalignment of knowledge management systems: A social representation perspective. Journal of Management Information Systems, 29(4), pp.103-126.
7. Galliers, R.D. and Leidner, D.E., 2014. Strategic information management: challenges and strategies in managing information systems. Routledge.
8. Gill, A.Q., Bunker, D. and Seltsikas, P., 2015. Moving forward: emerging themes in financial services technologies’ adoption. Communications of the Association for Information Systems.
9. Goodhart, C., Hartmann, P., Llewellyn, D.T., Rojas-Suarez, L. and Weisbrod, S., 2013. Financial regulation: Why, how and where now?. Routledge.
10. Henriques de Gusmão, A.P. and Pereira Medeiros, C., 2016. A model for selecting a strategic information system using the FITradeoff. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2016.
11. Jain, A., Keneley, M. and Thomson, D., 2015. Customer?owned banking in Australia: From credit union to mutual bank. Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, 86(3), pp.465-478.
12. Jiménez, G., Lopez, J.A. and Saurina, J., 2013. How does competition affect bank risk-taking?. Journal of Financial stability, 9(2), pp.185-195.
13. Kahveci, T.C., Uygun, Ö., Yurtsever, U. and ?lyas, S., 2012. Quality assurance in higher education institutions using strategic information systems. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 55, pp.161-167.
14. Kenway, J., 2018. Pulp Fictions? Education, Markets, and the Information Superhighway 1. In Power/knowledge/pedagogy(pp. 61-91). Routledge.
15. Kitsios, F. and Kamariotou, M., 2016, September. Decision support systems and business strategy: a conceptual framework for strategic information systems planning. In IT Convergence and Security (ICITCS), 2016 6th International Conference on (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
16. Laeven, L. and Valencia, F., 2013. Systemic banking crises database. IMF Economic Review, 61(2), pp.225-270.
17. Laudon, K.C. and Laudon, J.P., 2016. Management information system. Pearson Education India.
18. Lee, T., Ghapanchi, A.H., Talaei-Khoei, A. and Ray, P., 2015. Strategic information system planning in healthcare organizations. Journal of Organizational and End User Computing (JOEUC), 27(2), pp.1-31.
19. Lovelock, C. and Patterson, P., 2015. Services marketing. Pearson Australia.
20. Maharaj, S. and Brown, I., 2015. The impact of shared domain knowledge on strategic information systems planning and alignment. South African Journal of Information Management, 17(1), pp.1-12.
21. Mithas, S., Tafti, A., Bardhan, I. and Goh, J.M., 2012. Information technology and firm profitability: mechanisms and empirical evidence. Mis Quarterly, pp.205-224.
22. Mocker, M., Weill, P. and Woerner, S.L., 2014. Revisiting complexity in the digital age. MIT Sloan Management Review, 55(4), p.73.
23. Murray, D., Davis, K., Dunn, C., Hewson, C. and McNamee, B., 2014. Financial system inquiry.
24. Oliveira, T., Faria, M., Thomas, M.A. and Popovi?, A., 2014. Extending the understanding of mobile banking adoption: When UTAUT meets TTF and ITM. International Journal of Information Management, 34(5), pp.689-703.
25. Osei-Kyei, R. and Chan, A.P., 2015. Review of studies on the Critical Success Factors for Public–Private Partnership (PPP) projects from 1990 to 2013. International Journal of Project Management, 33(6), pp.1335-1346.
26. Pearlson, K.E., Saunders, C.S. and Galletta, D.F., 2016. Managing and Using Information Systems, Binder Ready Version: A Strategic Approach. John Wiley & Sons.
27. Rezvani, A., Dong, L. and Khosravi, P., 2017. Promoting the continuing usage of strategic information systems: The role of supervisory leadership in the successful implementation of enterprise systems. International Journal of Information Management, 37(5), pp.417-430.
28. Salim, R., Arjomandi, A. and Seufert, J.H., 2016. Does corporate culture governance affect Australian banks' performance?. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 43, pp.113-125.
29. Salim, R., Arjomandi, A. and Seufert, J.H., 2016. Does corporate governance affect Australian banks' performance?. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 43, pp.113-125.
30. Schlagwein, D., Thorogood, A. and Willcocks, L.P., 2014. How Commonwealth Bank of Australia Gained Benefits Using a Standards-Based, Multi-Provider Cloud Model. MIS Quarterly Executive, 13(4).
31. Silvius, A.G. and Stoop, J., 2013, January. The relationship between the process of strategic information systems planning and its success: An explorative study. In System Sciences (HICSS), 2013 46th Hawaii International Conference on (pp. 4495-4501). IEEE.
32. Urquhart, C. and Fernandez, W., 2016. Using grounded theory method in information systems: the researcher as blank slate and other myths. In Enacting Research Methods in Information Systems: Volume 1 (pp. 129-156). Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.