Delivery in day(s): 4
Event Management System Proof Reading Services
The document is about the management of logistics for the F1 racing car event. The document is the collection of the detailed approach that will be taken to arrange the event successfully. The document will first discuss about the area of the project management chosen. Here the area that has been selected is the programming and logistics. The document will discuss about the high level goal for a project with reference to the chosen topic. This will be followed by the description of three key objectives for the chosen area for the event which is linear programming and logistics. Then the task schedule developed for leading the project will also be discussed and from there critical and important task will be highlighted. The critical task will be identified based on the importance of the task and its impact on the overall project.
Definition of programming and logistics:
Programming and logistics is a particular area of the project management that deals with the supply chain management (Dan 2015). It particularly oversees the storage and handling of the materials related to the project (Reijonen et al. 2015). It also includes the accommodation of people and stakeholders important to the project. However the accommodation is not always included in the scope of the project plan as it is excusive to the project and the way it is handled depends on the requirements and the nature of the project (Bocken and Short 2016). As for the example it is easy to identify that the accommodation type of a construction projects will be different that of organizing a sport event which happens to be the project area of interest in this context.
High-level goal of the project:
The high level goals of the project are important to identify as it impacts the overall success of the project significantly (Warren 2017). High level goals of the project are those requirements of the project that needs higher level of abstraction (Laukkanen 2015). Hence successful identification of these goals are necessary for successful management of the project (Chan 2014).
The high level goals for the F1 racing event logistic management are the followings:
1. Organizing the event successfully and having a key contribution of the logistics management to the overall project success
2. Ensuring road safety for transportation of the car materials
3. Successful accommodation of team members
4. Special arrangement of the VIPS to ensure safe and secure accommodation
5. Ensuring safety of the tracks where racing will be organized
The key objectives of the project should be clear to the projects teams and the project manager before planning for the project is created (Porterfield 2015). Successful identification of the key objectives makes it sure that the planning is exact and proper which resembles the project goal (Raisch 2016).
The key objectives for the project are identified as following:
1. Secure and successful arrangement for the event
2. Leaving little or no scope for the client to complain
3. Setting higher standards for effective project management and creating reputation for the organization
A detailed schedule for the project:
F1 racing logistics
creating initial plan for the project
identifying requirement for the project
creating deliverables for the project
verifying requirements with the stakeholders
arranging meeting with hotel mangers
booking hotels for the senior management staff
booking hotels for teams
ensuring road permission for heavy cars
hiring the engineers
inspecting the race tracks for safety
creating base camps around the race tracks
day before the race
picking senior management and vips from airport
taking vips to hotels
peaking racing teams from airports
bringing racing teams to hotels
contacting racing teams
loading car items in lorries
bringing car items to bases camps
inspecting transport availability for bringing fault parts from race track to the basecamp
loading car items in lorries
bringing team to hotel
bringing senior management to hotels
taking vips to airports
contacting hotel mangers
preparing detailed project report
analysing final documentations
submitting documentations to stakeholders
Critical tasks identified:
The critical task as identified from the task schedule are the following:
1. Creating Booking for the racing tracks
2. Making base camps near the racing tracks
3. Ensuring availability of the transportation to move car parts from base camp to racing track and racing track to the base camp
4. Ensuring road safety for bringing VIPs from airport to hotel and hotel to airport
This task are identified as these are the areas where difficulties might come and proper strategies are required for these sections for effective management of the project, specially the logistic management.
1. Bocken, N.M.P. and Short, S.W., 2016. The logistics management: Strategies for success in project management. McGraw-Hill, Inc.
2. Dan, A., International project management, 2015. Method and apparatus for leading effective project execution.
3. Laukkanen, T., 2015. The definition and scope of the project management.Industrial MarketingManagement, 42, pp.35-46.
4. Porterfield, T.E., 2015.project management: an empirical investigation of project management scope and success. International Journal of Logistics Management, 40(6), pp.435-455.
5. Raisch, W., 2016. Towards a sufficiency-driven business model: Experiences and opportunities. Definition of effective project management, 18, pp.41-61.
6. Reijonen, H., Hirvonen, S., Nagy, G., Laukkanen, T. and Gabrielsson, M., 2015. The impact of entrepreneurial orientation on project management. Industrial Marketing Management, 51, pp.35-46.
7. Chan, C., 2014, January. Management and business issues for project implementation: an intuitive guide.
8. Warren. N, 2017, January. Management and business issues for project implementation: an intuitive guide.