Delivery in day(s): 4
Energy Efficient Resource Oz Assignments
Energy efficiency is an important activity to maintain within an organization in order to improve the financial accounting performance of the company as well as to add their contribution towards the betterment of the society and the protection of planet earth. Nur, Mohammad and thers (2015); Allouhi, et al. (2015) are of the opinion that energy efficiency strategies should be an integral part of the goals and objectives of the organization. These authors suggest that it is important to measure the energy consumption used in an organization [CITATION Bak15 \l 1033 ]. Noreddine (2015) have suggested that renewable energy should be used within the organization in order to save energy [CITATION Nor15 \l 1033 ]. Optical networks will help with the issue of capacity crunch. It is been considered that optical networks has the ability to improve the energy efficiency [CITATION Ant15 \l 1033 ]. Sarat and others (2016), has focused the literature on that revolves around government initiatives and strategies towards improving energy efficiency in the country.
Government plays an important role in guiding the organizations towards achieving their energy related objectives [ CITATION Sah16 \l 1033 \m Dep12]. Experts have provided that energy efficiency approaches can be adopted at technical level, organizational level as well as at behavioral level within an organization. Technical advancements as well as bringing behavioral change can positively impact the energy efficiency of an organization [ CITATION Rup16 \l 1033 ].
Project Management and Framework
Project management should be implemented in energy project management which majorly focuses on five key elements that is a strategy, planning, organizing, implementation, and controlling [ CITATION Sch16 \l 1033 ]. It has been suggested that an energy efficiency framework should be developed so that the measures can be characterized, and on the basis of this policy makers can take decisions [ CITATION Tri14 \l 1033 \m Dep16 \m Uni17 \m Ósc17].
Retrofitting of buildings
Another measure suggested towards energy efficiency is retrofitting the building so that energy efficiency can be ensured at the very basic level [CITATION Pro17 \m FRa16 \m Nil94 \l 1033 ].
1. Allouhi, A., Y. El Fouih, T. Kousksou, A. Jamil, Y. Zeraouli, and Y. Mourad. "Energy consumption and efficiency in buildings: current status and future trends." Journal of Cleaner Production 109 (2015): 118-130, doi.: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.05.139
2. Bakar, N. N. A., et al. "Energy efficiency index as an indicator for measuring building energy performance: A review." Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 44 (2015): 1-11, doi: 10.1016/j.rser.2014.12.018
3. Department of Energy & Climate Change. The Energy Efficiency Strategy: The Energy Efficiency Opportunity in the UK. Department of Energy & Climate Change, 2012. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/65602/6927-energy-efficiency-strategy--the-energy-efficiency.pdf
4. Department of Energy and Climate Change. National Energy Efficiency Data Framework: Summary of analysis using the National Energy Efficiency Data-Framework (NEED). Department of Energy and Climate Change, 2016. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/532535/National_Energy_Efficiency_Data-Framework__NEED__Main_Report.pdf
5. García, Óscar, Javier Prieto, Ricardo S. Alonso, and Juan M. Corchado. "A Framework to Improve Energy Efficient Behaviour at Home through Activity and Context Monitoring." Sensors 17, no. 8 (2017), doi: 10.3390/s17081749
6. Ghaffour, Noreddine, Jochen Bundschuh, Hacene Mahmoudi, and Mattheus F.A. Goosen. "Renewable energy-driven desalination technologies: A comprehensive review on challenges and potential applications of integrated systems." Desalination 356 (2015): 94-114, doi: 10.1016/j.desal.2014.10.024
7. Napoli, Antonio, et al. "Next generation elastic optical networks: The vision of the European research project IDEALIST." IEEE Communications Magzine 53, no. 2 (2015): 152-162, doi: 10.1109/MCOM.2015.7045404
8. Nilsson, Per-Erik, Stefan Aronsson, and Lennart Jagemar. "Energy-efficient retrofitting of office buildings." Energy and Buildings 21, no. 3 (1994): 175-185, doi: 10.1016/0378-7788(94)90033-7
9.Radwan, Ahmed F., Ahmed A. Hanafy, Mohamed Elhelw, and Abd El-Hamid A. El-Sayed. "Retrofitting of existing buildings to achieve better energy-efficiency in commercial building case study: Hospital in Egypt." Alexandria Engineering Journal 55, no. 4 (2016): 3061-3071, doi: 10.1016/j.aej.2016.08.005
10. Ruparathna, Rajeev, Kasun Hewage, and Rehan Sadi. "Improving the energy efficiency of the existing building stock: A critical review of commercial and institutional buildings." Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 53 (2016): 1032-1045, doi: 10.1016/j.rser.2015.09.084
11. Sahoo, Sarat Kumar, Payal Varma, and Krishna Prabhakar Lall Chanpreet Kaur Talwar. "Energy efficiency in India: Achievements, challenges and legality." Energy Policy 88 (2016): 495-50, doi: 10.1016/j.enpol.2015.10.049
12. Schulze, Mike, Henrik Nehler, Mikael Ottosson, and Patrik Thollander. "Energy management in industry – a systematic review of previous findings and an integrative conceptual framework." Journal of Cleaner Production 112, no. 5 (2016): 3692-3708.
13. Trianni, Andrea, Enrico Cagno, and Alessio De Donatis. "A framework to characterize energy efficiency measures." Applied Energy 118 (2014): 207-220, doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.06.060
14. United Nations. "Framework Guidelines for Energy Efficiency Standards in Buildings." Ministerial Conference & the Eight International Forum Energy forSustainable BusinessDevelopment. Astana, 2017.
15. Zou, Patrick X.W., Rodney Stewart, Morshed Alam, Edoardo Bertone, and Oz Sahin. "Retrofitting Public Buildings for Energy and Water Efficiency." Sbenrc.com.au. 2017. http://sbenrc.com.au/app/uploads/2015/11/SBEnrc-1.43-Industry-ReportWEB.pdf.