Delivery in day(s): 3
COIT20263 Information Security Management
Academic for Academic is an NGO (Non-governmental organisation) having its head office in Sydney and its branch in Singapore. It helps colleges and university students with their researchers and small projects. In this report, I have made few assumptions for A4A organisation for policies of copyright Compliance. The policies of copyright secure system and don’t permit any user to copy work or material without granting permission and the document above states the policies of the copyright of A4A organisation and their assumptions. These policies of copyright secure the information management of system and management of risk of A4A organisation from a user who is not authorised. To have access to copyright data, the user needs to be an authorised member of the A4A organisation. To copy work or material in form of prints or video via internet one must have the permission of organisation owner and the copyright owner.
Academic for Academic is an NGO (Non-governmental organisation) having its head office in Sydney and its branch in Singapore. It helps colleges and university students with their researchers and small projects. I have made few assumptions for A4A organisation for policies of copyright Compliance.
- The staff members of A4A organisation must have to discuss and share data which has been analyzed with fellow mates or their colleagues.
- Share the data through emails with co-employees and while sharing information or data they must take permission from another member of the organisation.
- Many users assume or demand an online content provided by theorganisation that must not have protected copyright so that it could be used, improved and modified easily without asking for any permissions.
- When an organisation considers the law of protection and copyright they should relate it to common assumptions and distribution of content.
- To grant copyright permission, copyright of organisation must be provided in a proper efficient way.
- To hold the license of copyright name of organisation must be decided that permits or allows employees of organisation to legally distribute content.
- Employees of A4A are permitted to lawfully and legally repeat the work of organisation by videos and print in a digital way when having copyright (Alrc.gov, 2012).
- Academic for the academic organisation must possess the license of helping different students of various colleges and universities with their projects for a the national organisation of government. The work of A4A is secured by copyright license of the company’s clearance center that manages copyright issues.
- The organisation of A4A expects from their employees to be answerable regarding resources of copyright to their clients. It also encourages its staff or employees to command their nobles or work using policies of compliance copyright.
- If any of the A4A organisation staff tries to illegally copy any work it can be easily tracked and exposed by disciplinary actions and will be terminated(Denny, 2010).
Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of providing a policy of copyright compliance for organisation A4A are:
- A framework for the organisation is developed to protect the adequate work by using policies of copyright compliances.
- An outline of information regarding the roles and responsibilities of security are prepared just to prevent the work from the act of copyright done by staff members of an organisation.
- The owner has been provided some limited rights referred by copyright to modify or reproduce authorised work which also provides protection to the created work and to the presently going work by theorganisation.
- The purpose of a copyright license is that it provides permission to organisation owner regarding the protection of its work without considering any sort of terms and conditions.
- A4A copyright policies provide copyright law related advice, how the copyright budgets and access can be managed and are responsible for organisational overseen compliances (Johnshopkins, 2017).
Academic for academic is an organisation having a copyright of non-governmental authorized organisation.
- For the A4A organisationalauthorisation, the organisation must be eligible to have an SPP (standard performance and pathways) account which manages the compliance, risk and organisation quality. In A4A organisation only known members can subscribe SPP accounts.
- This organisation even provides users and members the access to their accounts to view and analyse the services given to colleges and universities by A4A organisation.
- A4A organisation validates and encourages the subscription of SPP (standard performance and pathways) accounts which helps in securing data or information of organisation from unknown members. The user must set his authorised password that makes the process go more secure. When any known member of A4A organisation have to access some data they need to login their account by entering unique user id or name along with apassword (It.brown, 2016).
- The information or data of A4A organisation can only be accessed by an authorised user who holds password and login details as they are protected and prevented by some copyright policies and also information security program which provides protection to organisational work.
- The staff members of A4A organisation share the work or data with co-workers or other employees through electronic mail. Information regarding the email accounts which are web-basedhas been secured and protected by information system program (Communications, 2017).
Each and every member of A4A organisation must be familiar and aware of the laws of copyright and to clearly differentiate between prohibited and permitted the use of policies of copyright compliances. Depending on the laws of copyright, only the authorised owner or member of the organisation can reproduce or access work in videos and prints. Some limitations are found in laws of copyright. Copyright compliance of A4A organisation listed few prohibited uses:
- To utilize the copyright work nature.
- To utilise the complete work of copyright along with the amount of the provided portion.
- Use of copyright material or work must be avoided by the staff member of A4A organisation.
- Administrative staff, technical staff, and security officers etc. and all other members of A4A organisation are allowed to reproduce or copy the work and even can copyright the material after being permitted (Villanova, 2017).
A4A organisation is advised not to copy materials and work. System management suggests few rules which act as purpose and categories of some personnel policies. It helps in preparing salary-related benefits, holidays and leave provided to staff members of A4A organisation. A4A organisation also provides with computer policy, the policy of communication, finance policy, procurement policy and policy which are fixed of assets for management of the system. The policy of copyright provides protection to the system of organisation and also manages the risk and security. For better management of the system, it requires management of security and risk. A copyright compliance policy has helped a lot in improving the work of the organisation and encourages in developing a better management system for A4A organisation. It also forms an organisational chart for A4A organisation which prepares a system of human resource to manage and provide with different opportunities to staff members of A4A organisation and affirmative actions are performed. These are few policies which are developed for the management of the system.
- Personnel Policy: It is also known as Human Resource policy which is used to handle risks and leads to improvement in performance of organisation staff members.
- Communication policy: This policy helps to improve the communication among clients and colleagues both at the same time and also decreases telephone, courier, fax and internet related cost of an organisation.
- Compute policy: This policy preserves the valuable and important data saved in computers of organisation.
- Procurement policy: This policy helps in managing purchases and handling budgets of A4A organisation and even manages the quality of purchased goods.
- Finance policy: This policy manages the accountability, finance, and transparency of A4A organisation.
- Fixed policy: This policy maintains theeffectiveness of purchased goods of A4A organisation (Cohen, 1997).
Violations of policy:
Academic for Academic organisation faces few challenges for the confirmation of copyright compliance policies. Some of the violations are applied to the copyright of A4A organisation that is listed below:
- Video or print files are shared and downloaded without authorised owner’s permission.
- Without having the copyright owner’s permission, organisation uses its corporate identity.
- Without having the copyright owner’s permission, an electronic copy has been placed by A4A organisation of work or file.
- The holder of copyright is presented by A4A organisation. Agents of organisation and organisation itself are located with policies of possible copyrights and A4A organisation never copy any staff work without copyright owners granted permission.
- When a notice is provided to A4A organisation for the violation policy, the possible address is located by copyright owner depending upon the notification.
- Without having the license holders or copyright owner permission large document files are made and videos are uploaded to websites (Techweb, 2017).
Policy review and modification:
A4A organisation works with proper security, policy reviews, and control system. The notice provided by copyright has many copyright policies with agencies. The changes made in policies of copyright are only approved by committee of copyright or by its owner. A4A organisation for taking actions related to administration it makes recommendation policies of copyright compliance. According to policies of copyright, if any work is being copied by A4A organisation then the owner of A4A organisation has to inform the committee or owner of the copyright owner. To make the system secure copyright policies notifies members which can’t hold information management of A4A organisation. The modification and changes in policies of copyright can be performed only by a committee of copyright considering revision of policy and clashes reviews (Education, 2017).
Limitations of Liability:
The A4A organisation provides services which are not liable for the policies of copyright. Infringement of copyright has storage of materials temporarily in A4A organisation which manages the services provided. Below are the listed limitations of liability:
- The copyright of work or material which is available online is directly used by the organisation without asking for permission.
- A4A organisation transmits copyright material which describes the management of system along with policies of copyright.
- The copyrighted work is stored and then it is carried out by a technical staff member that makes the material of copyright available. If the user wants to access to information of any organisation he must take complete permission from the owner of copyright along with proper accounts to login.
- The owner agrees to grant the permission for the copyright but applies few terms and conditions to the user (Airservicesaustralia, 2017).
Justification of copyright compliance policies:
The policies of copyright secure system and don’t permit any user to copy work or material without granting permission and the document above states the policies of thecopyright of A4A organisation and their assumptions. These policies of copyright secure the management of system and management of risk of A4A organisation from auser who is not authorised. To have access to copyright data, the user needs to be an authorised member of A4A organisation. To copy work or material in form of prints or video viainternet one must have thepermission of organisation owner and thecopyright owner. These copyright policies prevent and protect workers from unauthorised users who don’t have a proper user id and password. Reasons to choose copyright policies in the organisation are that it catches and eliminates the situation in which unknown user can access the important data of organisation without asking for permission and copy the work and uploads it on the internet. A4A organisation has three reasons for using these policies of copyright:
- The work done by an organisation is its asset; the work done by them is original and has a creative idea behind it which is considered its quality. The work in organisation becomes valuable in future and no one can use it without owners or organisation permission.
- It also helps in protecting rights of organisation. Using these policies of copyright legally creates the copies of work and uploads them on theinternet using organisational website. Organizational work attracts different other organisations and this way users approach A4A organisation and it can explore its license to make things strong financially.
- A4A organisation understand s some rhetoric claims of copyright which are valuable and important for any organisation. They manage to develop policies of copyright depending upon the environment and they must differ from the developed copyright policies in some defined manner. To preserve the data of organisation, copyright policies are developed after information and license programs related to security which also manages the risk of data of A4A organisation getting copied (Copyright, 2017).
I have successfully created a report on using copyright compliance policies in A4A organization. In this report I have made few assumptions for A4A organisation for policies of copyright Compliance. The policies of copyright secure system and don’t permit any user to copy work or material without granting permission and the document above states the policies of the copyright of A4A organisation and their assumptions. These policies of copyright secure the information management of system and management of risk of A4A organisation from a user who is not authorised. To have access to copyright data, the user needs to be an authorised member of A4A organisation. To copy work or material in form of prints or video via internet one must have the permission of organisation owner and the copyright owner.