Delivery in day(s): 3
COIT20246 Information and Communication Technology Assignment
Explanation of benefits of storage area network and network-attached storage as mass storage technologies.
Mass storage means all those technologies and devices that are being used for storing large amounts of data. Storage area network and network attached storage both are used for mass storage.
Benefits of storage area network (SAN) are as follows.
1. SAN storage is useful for better utilization of space in disk.
2. SAN storage can be used as a medium for all those applications which needs high availability.
3. SAN storage ensures data consistency.
4. SAN storage is useful in reducing data backup time.
Benefits of network attached storage (NAS) are as follows.
1. NAS provides reasonable and affordable storage solutions.
2. NAS provides efficient data transfer facility with reliable network access.
3. NAS ensures fast configuration and secures data facilities.
4. NAS provides facilities of automatic backup of data.
Explanation of specific examples on use of specific real-time operating systems
Real-time operating systems is a system that is used for managing and controlling applications. There is certain specific real-time operating systems which are as follows.
LynxOS: It is an operating system which is mostly used in real-time embedded systems in applications for military, avionics, and telecommunications. This system provides fast and short interrupt routines.
OSE:OSE is also a real-time embedded operating system which provides advanced networking and security features through supporting proper usage of RAM.
QNX:It is a featured operating system that fulfills the resource requirements of real embedded systems. It provides the feature of multi-core processing.
Windows CE:This operating system was developed by Microsoft. Windows CE is useful in the configuration of devices without disk storage. This also helps in simplifying the interface and improving execution time.
Explain the security and privacy issues in relation to the use of the cloud computing in the health sector.
Cloud computing is internet based computing which provides sharing computer resources for handling applications. Cloud computing provides reliable accessibility of data as it functions as storing the data on the internet. In health sector cloud computing is useful for management of data, faster deployment of technology etc. Despite from this, there are certain security issues in relation to use of cloud computing in heal sector which are as follows.
1. Personal data that is contained in the cloud can be misused easily.
2. Regulations of cloud computing must match with the rules of Health Information Portability and accountability act (HIPPA) as they are essential to be followed by all health care organizations.
All the data is maintained in the cloud and if something goes wrong, all data can be destroyed so it is a risk to maintain all the data in the cloud.
Discuss the common standards at the application layer in TCP/IP
The application layer is the topmost layer of TCP/IP which is mainly responsible for establishing interaction with human and implementing software applications and related software protocols. The application layer is also used to share information with the destination computers.
Common standards that are mainly used in the application layer in TCP/IP are as follows.
1. HTTP (Hypertext transfer protocol):It is used to transfer files on web pages of World Wide Web.
2. FTP (File transfer protocol): It establishes a connection between two hosts. One is used for transferring data and other is used for controlling information.
3. SMTP (Simple mail transfer protocol): It is used for transferring messages from senders to receivers through TCP connections.
4. SNMP (Simple network management protocol):It is used to collect and exchange information between network management console and network devices.
Provide specific examples of adware attacks and their implications.
Adware is software applications which are displayed on the internet when a program is running. These are harmful as they include a code which fetches user’s personal information without his knowledge. Specific examples of adware attacks are that adware can be installed in the computer with or without the knowledge of the user. This adware are present in the form of pop up on the internet when certain sites are visited by the user. Clicking on those pop-ups can have negative effects on a computer such as it can track personal information of the user, it can destroy data that is stored in computer etc. This adware can also result in slowing down the internet connection. The user must install protection software that can be used for protecting the computer from negative effects of such hardware.
Explain the impacts of Availability and Reliability requirements on IoT performance.
Internet of things is an interconnection between computer devices through the use of the internet. This is used to exchange data without human intervention with the use of the internet. The impact of availability and reliability requirements on IoT performance are as follows.
1. It helps in better performance modeling and analysis so that performance of IoT applications can be predicted.
2. It helps in advancing simulation techniques and tools through which performance of IoT can be evaluated.
3. It helps in conducting verification of performance models due to the reliability of IoT.
4. It helps in setting benchmarks for the performance of IoT through setting IoT platforms.
5. The performance of IoT can be ensured through designing various performance concerns for IoT platforms.
The performance of IoT applications can be ensured through real-world case studies that are the satisfying quality of service.
Provide specific examples of organizations which use mobile crowdsourcing system to successfully improve their business operation.
Crowdsourcing is a service which is utilized by organizations and individuals to obtain needed services and ideas with the use of the internet. With the advancement in technology and innovations, all these services can be utilized through mobile also which is known as mobile crowdsourcing system. It helps in improving costs, speed, flexibility, diversity etc. There are number of organizations who use mobile crowdsourcing system in the business operation which is as follows.
Anheuser-Busch (AB):This Company is worlds leading brewer. AB has opened PopTent which is a video production company dealing in TV commercials, social media advertising etc. through mobiles and other sources of internet. With the use of outsourcing, AB has been able to offer potential collaboration with new opportunities with the firm.
Nokia:Nokia is a global community that is devoted to open innovation. Nokia uses the experience of consumers for generation of new ideas which is done with the use of mobile and internet.
Provide specific examples of the use of big data for value creation in sustainable organizations.
Big data technology is such a technology which is used by organizations for storing a big amount of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data in a sequential manner. Big data technology is helpful for the organizations for creating better values and enterprises ends. Examples of the use of big data for value creation are as follows.
1. Big data technology is helpful in discovering, evaluating and optimizing data resources to improve business performance.
2. Big data technology and tools are useful to support file systems, databases, and other applications of business.
3. Big data technology is also useful in analyzing the data in any format.
4. This technology is also useful in the processing of large quantities of data through their distribution.
Big data technology is helpful in file storing and data virtualization.
Discuss the main benefits of using agile process over the incremental process.
Agile model and incremental process both are used for software development. Agile model is also a type of incremental model. Both the models are tested to ensure the quality of software. There are certain benefits of using agile process over incremental model which are as follows.
1. This model helps in achieving customer satisfaction through continuous delivery of useful software.
2. This model also increases interaction of people rather than processes and tools.
3. This model also enables face to face conversation which is the best form of communication.
4. This model emphasis on paying continuous attention to technical excellence and designing of software.
This model provides flexibility to the development of software that changes can be made during the process easily.
Discuss organizational issues, with examples, in the adoption and implementation of information technology.
Technology plays a crucial role in healthcare organizations. With the development of medical devices and equipment, technology is significantly contributing towards the improvement of the health of people worldwide. There are certain issues that are faced by organizations in adoption and implementation of information technology which are as follows.
1. Implementation of information technology requires high costs so which is not affordable for all health care organizations.
2. Implementation of information technology requires skilled people so the lack of training and support can result in the failure of such technologies.
3. Adoption of information technologies requires time as it is a time-consuming process.
There is a risk involved in the implementation of information technology of lack of participation from staff members.
Sneha M., 2015, “Performance Analysis of RAIDs in Storage Area Network”, International Journal of Computer Applications, volume 126, no. 13, pp 26-31.
Jape, S., Kulkarni, M., & Pawade, D., 2015, “Comparison of Contemporary Real Time Operating Systems”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, vol. 4, issue 11, pp 416-419.
Gavrilov, G., Trajkovik, V., 2012, “Security and Privacy Issues and Requirements for Healthcare Cloud Computing”, ICT Innovations, pp 143-152.
Samprati, S., 2012, “Next Generation of Internet Protocol for TCP/IP Protocol Suite”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, volume 2, issue 6, pp 1-5.
Sharma, K., 2013, “Adware and Spyware –what are they?”.
Madakam, S., Ramaswamy, R., & Tripathi, S., 2015, “Internet of Things (IoT): A Literature Review”, Journal of Computer and Communications, vol 3, pp 164-173.
Mahmud, F., & Aris, H., 2015, “State of Mobile Crowdsourcing Applications: A Review”, Conference Paper, pp 1-7.
Press, G., 2016, “Top 10 Hot Big Data Technologies”.
Sharma, S., Sarkar, D., Gupta, D., 2012, “Agile Processes and Methodologies: A Conceptual Study”, International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, vol. 4 no. 05, pp 892-898.
Cresswell, K., Sheikh, A., 2013, “Organizational issues in the implementation and adoption of health information technology innovations: An interpretative review”, International journal of medical informatics, pp 73-86.