Delivery in day(s): 3
COIT 20246 Information and Communication Technology Assignment Help
Task: Explanation of benefits of mass storage technologies.
Mass storage is the technique used in computers which refers to the storage of data for a long term and in huge quantity. The technologies have been developing in a rapid phase and keeping this scenario in view, there are several advances in the mass storage techniques as well. There are various types of mass storage techniques available such as external hard drive, tape drive, USB storage, hard drives, etc. The two main types of mass storage technologies are;
1. Storage area network:Storage area network is also termed as SAN. The data storage needs of the business operations of an organization are met by the storage area network which works with the LAN and WAN. There are certain benefits attached to this storage:
A. The utilization of the disk can be better with the help of storage area network as more data can be stored on the single disk.
B. The time wasted in the backup of data can be eliminated with the help of storage area network.
2. Network attached storage:Network attached storage is termed as NAS and is used in the organizations to back up the data. Benefits of NAS are;
A. The implementation of the network attached storage is not a complicated task hence, specialized knowledge is not required.
B. This storage system is affordable as compared to other options available in the market.
Task: Examples of the use of real-time operating systems
Real-timeoperating system is an application that is used to complete the task in the specified time period. The examples on the use of RTOS are;
1. Lynx Software Technology:This operating system is used in the aerospace, defense, and communication system for the purpose of real-time operating system activities.
2. eCos:eCos stands for Embedded Configurable Operating System is the type of real-time operating system which can be customized according to the need of the real time. It is compatible with the applications named as C and C++.
3. RTLinux:RTLinux is a real time operating system which helps in controlling the time sensitive instruments. Hard real-time capabilities are designed by RTLinux.
4. QNX:QNX software is broadly used in cars and mobile phones. The software is popular as the first commercial microkernel which means the availability of that mechanism which is required for implementation of the operating system.
Task: Explanation of the issues in use of cloud computing in the health sector.
Cloud computing is the process in which all the working in the computers is controlled through the internet. There are various uses of cloud computing in different sectors, one of the major use of cloud computing is in the health care. The issues that cloud computing can face in health care are;
1. As the data in the healthcare sector is considered to be confidential, hence it is important to keep the proper security measures about its privacy. Transfer of this confidential information to a third party is an issue for adoption of cloud computing in healthcare.
2. The legal issues that cloud computing carries are also one of the issues in the adoption of cloud computing. The issues such as data jurisdiction and privacy issues cause hindrance for cloud computing. In the health care, HIPAA and PATRIOT are also certain issues to be considered.
Technical aspects of cloud computing such as a limit the access of information and use of outdated software may be considered as an issue in health care.
Task:Common standards in application layer in TCP/IP
TCP/IP stands for Transmission Control Protocol and Internet Protocol. It refers to the language of internet used as a communication language. The standards in application layer in TCP/IP are;
SMTP:Simple Mail Transfer Protocol is the electronic mail in which the communication is done between the sender and receiver through mail servers.
FTP:File Transfer Protocol is used for data transfer from one host to the other in an effective and efficient manner while maintaining the accuracy.
HTTP:Access to the world-wide-web is possible with Hypertext Transfer Protocol application.
POP: Post Office Protocol is used to hold the emails of the hosts.
DNS:Domain Name System is used for the purpose of resolving the name of host and IP address. It establishes the relationship between name and address.
Task:Examples of Adware attacks and its implications
Adware is the type of software in which the ads are displayed on the screen while the program on the computer screen is running that can cause the virus to the system. The attacks of the adware can be in the form of viruses that can harm when the ads pop up on the slide of the screen and when they are clicked by the user the personal information are revealed.
Task:Explanation of the impacts of Availability and Reliability requirements on IoT performance.
Internet of things enables to share the information through the internet. There are several impacts of the availability and reliability on performance of internet of things, few of these impacts are described as follows;
1. Performances can be ensured with the help of internet of things.
2. On the basis of analysis of performance, a performance report can be prepared.
3. Performance models can also be verified and validation is also possible.
The Interneton things helps in developing best practices as well as performance is also ensured through effective recommendations of several techniques.
Task:Examples of those organizations which use mobile crowdsourcing system to successfully improve their business operation.
Crowdsourcing is the process that is used in providing services to the organizations through the internet. With the advancement of technology, crowdsourcing has also been developed through smartphones. Now, crowdsourcing activities can also be performed through mobile phones. There are various organizations which are involved in getting ideas with the help of crowdsourcing to improve its business, some of these companies are named as under;
Coca-Cola:For the purpose of effective and efficient marketing activities, Coco Cola is the company that uses the suggestions from crowdsourcing.
Unilever:As the business of the company is very vast and expanded in terms of area as well as the market. The company focuses its efforts on gaining knowledge from the innovative suggestions from crowdsourcing.
General Mills (GenMil):GenMil has been operating the business in various categories such as manufacturing, servicing, packaging and marketing of food products, etc. In order to perform these activities effectively with innovative ideas, the company seeks to crowdsourcing from outside firms and receive the expert advice.
Task: Examples of the use of big data for value creation in sustainable organizations.
Big data is the term refers to the large volume of data that are generated from the financial records of the organization, several document files, etc. big data can be characterized by volume, velocity, veracity and variability of data. The big data can be used by the companies in order to create value chain. Some of the examples on the use of big data for value creation are;
1. The availability of data required at any time can create value for the sustainability of organizations.
2. Better decision making can be performed by the management in the organization with the availability of big data technology.
3. All the data of the organization can be stored at one place which results in an easy access of data.
With the implementation of big data technology, the data can be protected and secured at large.
Task:Explanation of benefits of using agile process over the incremental process
Agile is the process of developing the software and applications for serving the customers with the high quality of services. Various benefits of agile software are there for the organizations such as;
1. There is transparency maintained in the agile software of the project so that the clients can have the knowledge regarding the progress.
2. Collaboration can be maintained in agile software as it provides various opportunities for the involvement of stakeholders.
3. Quality is improved with the help of agile to a great level which benefits the organization and the clients as well.
Flexibility is maintained in the agile model which enable to create changes at any time and as required.
Task:Examples of organizational issues in the adoption and implementation of information technology in health care.
Information technology is the basic need for each and every organization in the present scenario. The health care sector also requires advance technology in its operations in order to provide high-quality services to its clients. For the implementation of information technology in health care, there are certain issues which the health care industry faces such as;
1. Applicability of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is one of the issues in the adoption of IT in the organization as the organization is required to follow a set of stringent procedures as applicable.
2. The cost of IT projects is also the reasons for the organizations for not adopting the IT in its operations.
3. Another issue for implementation of IT in health care is a lack of training among the care assistants.
4. There is always some resistance to change in the organization are found which hinder the adoption of IT in healthcare.
Mahalingam, P., Jayaprakash, N., & Karthikeyan, S., 2011, “Growth of Digital Contents and Information Management using Storage Area Networks”, International Journal of Electronic Commerce Studies, Vol.2, No.1, pp.77-86.
Jape, S., Kulkarni, M., & Pawade, D., 2015, “Comparison of Contemporary Real-Time Operating Systems”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 4, Issue 11, pp. 416-418.
Nigam, V., & Bhatia, S., 2016, “Impact of Cloud Computing on Health Care”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, Issue 5, pp. 2804-2808
Ravali, P., 2013, “A Comparative Evaluation of OSI and TCP/IP Models”, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Vol. 4, Issue 7, pp. 514-519.
Birajdar,N.,Dhuppe, M., Hegade, T., Jadhav, N, & Shelar, M., 2015, “Review Paper On Adware Detection Using Instruction Sequence Generation”, International Journal of Engineering and Techniques, Vol. 1, Issue 6, pp. 25-28.
Rose, K., Eldridge, S., & Chapin, L., “The Internet of Things: An Overview”, Understanding the Issues and Challenges of a More Connected World,pp. 1-11.
Jarczyk, O., 2015, “Mobile crowdsourcing - activation of smartphones users to elicit specialized knowledge through worker profile match”, pp. 1-5.
Snijders, C., Matzat, U., & Reips, U., 2012, ““Big Data”: Big Gaps of Knowledge in the Field of Internet Science”, International Journal of Internet Science, Vol. 7(1), pp. 1-5.
Altameem, E., 2015, “Impact of Agile Methodology on Software Development”, Computer and Information Science; Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 9-13.
Ngafeeson, M., 2014, “Healthcare Information Systems: Opportunities and Challenges”, Health Information Systems, pp. 258-263