Delivery in day(s): 4
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and Improve Professional Proof Reading Service
Assessment Task 1
Examples of how I have done this
Personal goal setting
To work according to your requirement and goals.
The process of increasing the knowledge for child needs and behavior studying
1. by surfing internet
2.by taking knowledge from trained members of childcare
The process of completing the given work on time
The processing of showing your hard work.
(National Quality Framework, 2017).
a. My personal learning style preferences are visual and physical. Visual learning style because I like to see diagrams, videos, picture for better understanding of the concept and physical learning style because there are some studies for which you have to perform it yourself first to find out the results or to understand it better (Learning styles, 2017).
b. It is very much important to consider different in individual learning style because for the educator it is very much important to identify the learning style which a child can understand very properly and according to his learning style preference he should tackle the child so that there should be no miss communication gap between the educator and child (Learning styles, 2017).
A). Gemma’s feedback
“Tim, after seeing your efforts on this centre I came into conclusion that you need to work more on your documentation part. You need to show a lot of improvement in your work so that you can secure your job from other fellow members.”
B). Gemma can check the effect of feedback which she had given to the Tim by observing his behavior in the childcare centre. Gemma can check her performance report. She can know the views of her from his fellow members.
C) We can have a discussion over the problem which she might be facing in the centre. We can give her chance to say her about her feeling and performance towards work. We can show some empathy towards her (NQF, 2017)
How I sought feedback
How I felt about the feedback received
What I did with the feedback
At the time of schooling I received a negative feedback from my teacher for misbehaving in the class
I felt so bad because I was not the only one to perform that activity but feedback was given to me only so I decided not to come to the coaching class again
But when I told this whole incident to my friend then he advice me that parents and teachers are same .they scold us for our better future .so I decided to not to leave the cochin class.
At the time Of college when I had given the speech in front of the whole college, my teacher had given me a big appraisal.
I was on the heaven at that time when my first attempt to speak on mike was successes.
I feel more motivated with that feedback and decided to continue this activity as and when I will get the chance.
How I would access this
For knowing and understanding every child, the communication skills are very much important.
As in this modern world we need to be up dated with all the latest techniques which are invented so that we can use it in our centre for the children wellbeing.
(Learning styles, 2017).
Answer 11. An effective policies and procedure which are related to the staff profession development are:
1. A document of title is required.
2. The document version number.
3. The date of document on which date it was created.
4. A clear policy statement which shows how it relates to service philosophy.
5. Objectives for what policy are aims to achieve.
6. Revision due date.( REF)
7. Content headings
8. Detail about procedures, expectations by which means the policy will carried out (NQF, 2017).
The element of the National Quality Standard which relates to the need for the performance of educator and other staff to be monitored is staffing arrangement.
1. It ensures their safety and enhances learning and development.
2. The ratio of educator to the child and qualification.
3. The staff members should be respectful.
4. Various guidance practices for better interaction and relationship.
5. Staff works collaboratively to develop different skills. (NQF,nd.)
Application in practice
National Quality Standards
By continuously visiting the NQS site I can come to know about the latest up-dates and amendments.
Different government links
By seeing different government sites which are related to the child care center I can know about the different changes and implements done by the government.
By doing self evaluation I can come to the area which are lacking behind or which needs to be improved according to the government rules and regulation.
Early childhood Australia code of ethics
How I have engaged with this item
In relation to children, I will:
I asked children to make a drawing on the objective which ever they like to draw. They after seeing the drawing of the student I explained them the meaning and importance of the figure and their relation in future.
I planned an outing for the children in a garden where I ask them to find out the tree of mango by dividing them into different group and given them some clues to reach over the tree. This activity will help children to communicate with each other to reach the goal.
I made every child to have a lunch in a group and advice them to share their lunch with the other child so that they can learn sharing and non discrimination values.
In relation to families I will
By conducting the parent teacher interaction on every weekend I can keep family in touch about what is happening in the child care and make them know about the children who are friends of their child.
If I have to take any action for the child for his wellbeing then first I will take permission from the parents regarding the action then after their permission I will take action.
By celebrating the festival of every cast and religions I will be able to teach child about the trend and tradition of different cast and their importance too.
In relation to colleagues I will
I will help my staff members in their work and try to make a friendly atmosphere in the centre.
I will always share my ideas with my staff members and I will also take the advice from my senior staff members who are having experience in this field from a long time.
In relation to communities I will
I will take knowledge about the community I which I am working and try to keep believes of that community on the top.
I visited many agencies and different organisation that belong to the same community and the people who support the children and families for the help if they needed.
In relation to myself as a professional I will
Through the help of internet and my training I am trying to work in the best possible way. My study is filly depend on the regulations and norms of the NQS
By solving case study, I come up with the new ideas and improvements which can be applied for the centre development.
In the child care centre whenever I face any problem in tackling any child I straight forward go to my senior who have experience of handling the situation . By doing this I have a better relationship with my seniors.
Values are the persons or society’s moral principal or beliefs that allow them to guide their behavior accordingly.
Beliefs are the person’s state of mind in which a person accepts that something exists or to be a case. Without having any evidence of that case or situation.
Attitude is a reaction on the action. When some action or event happens at that time the reaction which the person gives to the situation is called attitude. Attitude can be positive as well as negative.
when we work with the child, families or educator, we have to be generic. We cannot discriminate the child or families according to the religion, cast or gender. We cannot keep our own believes on the top in the centre. We have to show equality in the childcare centre.
To work as an educator the two legal requirements are evidence of your qualification level which can be:
1. Online qualification assessment application form.
2. Early childhood teaching qualification or diploma level qualification or certificate 3 level qualification (NQS, 2017).
A).Function of supervision
The main function of the educator is to give proper education to the child as well as staff so that they can work accordingly to provide the best possible results.
The educator has to see the working of the whole centre from top to bottom. He has to keep contact with the top management, the middle level management and employs so that no communication gap occur.
For the proper working of the centre the team work is very much important as by being in touch with parents and his own staff he can support the child in the best possible way. He has to motivate and inspire the staff to work well.
For effective supervision I will keep in touch with the members and staff of the organization that the work which is to be done is going on properly or not and also I will give continuous feedback for the improvement of the centre
For effective mentoring I will have a personal contact with every staff member so that they can share their problems and ideas with me. By this I can solve their problem in the best possible manner and also I will motivate them to work effortlessly to give results to the organisation.
What I have learned
Once there were two children fighting for the same toy with each other, at that time I solved the problem by making them learn to share the thing. I told the child who was having the toy to share it with another child and after my explanation they both started playing together.
Respecting cultural differences
In the childcare centre, one child mother came in burkha for the meeting by seeing this the child of different community started laughing at that time I first scolded that child and said to say sorry to her and after words I explain him to respect each and every culture.
Context of my work environment
Once my staff member was not well and he need to take rest but organisation was not providing him a leave, at that time all my staff member supported him by making him to take rest and dividing his responsibilities among us.
Once there was a situation in which parents and educators are not agreeing on the same point. The problem was that parent wanted her child to be kept in more amenities then the other children who are at the child care. After knowing the parents demand I explained then that giving your child more preference will create inequality in the centre which in against our regulation and norms. And by doing this you yourself will discard your child from others.
Once there was a situation in which staff had stopped performing the activity because they are not receiving the incentives which they were promised for. When I had a talk with the top authorities they I came to know that due to shortage of funds as it was invested in the wellbeing of the centre, so it is taking time to recover. After knowing the entire situation I communicated with the staff to please be patient and by giving them assurance I requested them to please wait for some more time and start working again.
Once in the child care centre there was a boy who was having a blood infection problem. It was clearly mentioned that if there is a blood clotting problem occurs to the child so immediate treatment is required. One day the boy was playing in the garden and he fall down on the big stone and he got hurt on the head. At that time no medical treatment giving nurse was present so I made a decision to take that boy to the nearby hospital as soon as possible and advice other educator to take remaining children at the centre and inform about this accident to the director.
If I would have been at Maria position then I will try to perceive Marcus to be patient and have faith in the government law. I will explain Marcus, that he should himself go to the supervisor and explain him the entire situation very clearly, so that supervisor himself can understand his troubles and help him in best possible manner as he can (EECSRSB, 2014).
Assessment Task 2
Case study one:
The additional question that Sarah should ask from Alexander’s parents about his health can be as follow:
1. What are the medicines required in childcare centre when he is in the centre?
2. What kind of diet did doctor prescribed for the Alexander?
3. Is he allowed to do some physical exercise other than playing outdoor games?
4. What sudden treatment should be given to a child if he feels uneasy?
5. Which doctor treatment is going on and what routine plan had been made by the doctor for his better improvement (NQF, 2017).
The adjustments which Sarah needs to do for daily routine of Alexander are:
1. Sarah need to keep one all time available educator with Alexander so that he can keep continuous eye on him.
2. Sarah has to make sure that Alexander is not been physically hurt by any other child.
3. Sarah has to work according to the doctor prescribed plan so food time table has to be changed according to Alexander.
4. Sarah has to make sure that he is not been exerted by any activity.
5. Sarah has to make sure that Alexander does not play in sand and the place where dust particles harm him.
6. Medicine should be given at the right time (NQF, nd.).
The additional precaution that needs to be put in the place to minimize the health risk for Alexander are:
1. They should provide proper ventilated room for the child so that he can inhale fresh air.
2. There should be a good housekeeping schedules and disinfect in the proper way.
3. Continuous food hygiene should be checked so that diseases do not capture child health.
4. Special meal for Alexander should be prepared.
5. There should be a health guide displayed on the main board so that if Alexander needs help so he can come in contact with any one from this guide.
6. His clothing should be according to the activity he performs.
Case study 2
The underline issues which are related to this accident which needs to be addressed by Trish are:
1. When Cala wants gloves for the child treatment at that time the container was empty.
2. Increasing children staying later in the centre.
3. Amy not responding to the situation as she was a supervisor of the centre.
4. Not availability of accident book.
5. Responsibility of middle shift in the childcare centre (EECSRSB, 2014).
In the time between the accident happened and before Amy returns, the decision which Cala had to make in relation to the children can be:
1. Firstly Cala had placed Lim properly on the lap.
2. Then he tried to find the gloves so that she can wipe the blood of match but it was not available.
3. Then she tried calling Amy for help but she didn’t responded.
4. Then she runs towards the Mitch who got hurt.
5. She asked Amt to close the hose because Sarah was hosing Jessie
6. Then she wiped the blood of Mitch which was coming out from his mouth with his t-shirt.
The key risk to health and safety in this case study can be:
1. Blood born diseases can be obtained.
2. Risk to infant which was kept at rag.
3. Proper management of first aid item required.
4. Risk of gardening equipments.
5. Environmental changing temperature risk.
6. Irresponsible behavior of Amy who was the supervisor.
The action which should be taken to ensure that the situation does not reoccur is:
1. The strict action should be taken towards the irresponsible behavior of the Amy so that no other educator can repeat the same situation once again.
2. Parents should be responsible for their child to take them back home at the right time so that children do not come through this entire situation any more.
3. Children should be advised to listen to the instruction of the educator very properly and should follow the rules accordingly.
4. Children should be given proper guidance about the hazardous things and equipments which can cause harm to them.
5. There should be continuous check for the necessary items which has to be present round the clock especially the item which is for the children use.
6. Late shift staff should be increased so that every child gets personal attentions.
7. A book on rules and responsibility should be made for the each shift staff so that they should not leave their work pending for the staff of next shift.
8. The whole premises should come under cc TV camera so that the performance of the staff can be monitored.
9. The irresponsible staff should be strictly handled so that not a single child can be suffered by their irresponsible behavior.
10. Children should be kept away from the things and atmosphere which can cause harm to their body.
11. The centre can involve nursing staff so that he can take care of the children who need help (NQS, 2017).
The policies which can be referred in relation to this case study can be:
Child health and safety policy:
This include child protection and reporting procedure, anti bullying, equal opportunity, illness, immunization, medication, food/nutrition, resting, outing, security, hygiene, area to which the child have access, first aid, manual handling, safe work environment, changing nappies/toilet time, waste disposal, premises, outside space, violence, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis.
It includes Key person, children’s rights, staff ratio, equal opportunity and social justice.
Relationship with families and liaison:
It includes home links/key person, confidentiality, parents/guardian involvement, community links, statutory links, voluntary links consultant and grievance procedure.
Human resources policy:
It includes recruitment, qualification, equal opportunity, training, staff illness, staff leave, staff meeting, support and supervision, appraisals, induction procedure, student’s guidelines, equal employment opportunity, working hours, accidents and injuries, etc.
It includes admissions, attendance, fees, comments/ complaints, record keeping, withdrawing children, committee meetings, advisory committee composition, advisory committee terms of reference, insurance and financial procedures (EECSRSB, 2014).
Assessment Task 3
From this task you are required to complete an individual development plan for yourself
self assessment of current performance
Ensure that each child is given individual attention
To divide my attention in a uniform manner and take care of each child
Design my schedule and make sure that i do not waste time on any one activity too much.
Time management and scheduling training from trainer.
By the end of module i will check my time management and work delegation approaches.
Supervise and account
To further improvise my ability to conduct a safety and security audit of my work place
Continuously update my knowledge about health and safety of children in early child care, take part in regular training and hands on experience
Access to website of national quality framework and acequa.
Training from health and safety trainers and supervision.
I expect that i will further identify any potential threats in my work place and improvise them to ensure a safe environment for children.
To keenly observe children and use these observations to plan learning program.
Understanding concepts of early child care and using that knowledge to make sure that effective learning program are created.
Studies and books on early childcare and also access to their different classroom and playroom activities to understand their behaviour.
To be able to develop learning activities on my own for children which enables their learning.
Instruct and direct staff
To be able to instruct staff and members regarding how to observe the children and how to make applicable notes from that observation.
Learning supervision and work delegation abilities. I would also be a part of the team which is currently making observation for a supervisor and learn
Training and experience under a trainer or a supervisor.
Upgrading my skills and knowledge through literature and training.
Supervising educators and other staff members in early child care. Making my own learning programs and executing it with help of support staff members.
(Abbott & Langston, 2005).
This entire developmental plan would be for a period of 3 months during which all these activities would be planned, designed and implemented. I would come back to this plan after 3 months and assess how much i was able to meet and how much i need to further improvise. I would also make changes in the goals and objectives as per the changing requirements.
Assessment Task 4
Q 1 you are required to source 2 website or articles from the list hat can be used to support professional development.
Two websites which are sourced are as follows
Q. 2 read the two websites and articles and write in your own words explain what this article or website is about and how the information can enhance your own practice as a educator.
Name of the article/website/resource
Evacuation plan for early child care center
One of the website with required information is on this link
This link is providing a policy document of John St community early childhood cooperative. It is providing in detail instruction and policies to be followed during a emergency situation at childcare centre including evacuation. It can be used to gain information about emergency situation and it would also help in developing plans which needs to be in place and training of staff regarding evacuation in emergency.
Early years learning framework.
This is the official website of department of education where all the information, policies and regulations regarding early years learning framework is provided.
This website is providing information on the national quality framework for early years learning framework. It is also helpful for all the professionals as well as students to understand the concepts of early child care and to upgrade their knowledge with latest updates. It is also listing all the resources which can be helpful for the educators. Support and training links for educators of early child care is also available on this website.
Learning styles (2017) Overview of learning styles (available at: http://www.learning-styles-online.com/overview/(accessed on: 22nd February, 2017)
EECSRSB, (2014). Policies and procedure for early childhood services, government of South Australia (available at: http://www.esb.sa.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/policies-and-procedures-for-ecs.pdf) (accessed on: 22nd February, 2017)
NATIONAL QUALITY FRAMEWORK, nd. Australian children’s education and care quality authority, staffing arrangement (available at: http://www.acecqa.gov.au/Staffing-arrangements)(accessed on:22nd February, 2017)
National Quality Framework, nd. Australian children’s education and care quality authority, assessment of equivalent educator qualification (available at: http://acecqa.gov.au/assessment-of-equivalent-early-childhood-educator-qualifications) (accessed on: 22nd February, 2017)
NQF (2017) Good start early learning, policies and procedures (available at: https://www.goodstart.org.au/policies-and-procedures(accessed on: 22nd February, 2017)
Abbott, L., & Langston, A. (2005). Birth to three matters: A framework to support children in their earliest years. European Early Childhood Education Research Journal, pp. 110–123.
Nyland, B. (2001). Looking backward, looking forward: Australian early childhood trends since 1960. Australian Journal of Early Childhood, 26(1), 7-14.