Delivery in day(s): 4
BSBLDR501 Develop and use Emotional Intelligence Assignment Help
Question 1 Emotional intelligence and principles of self regulation and self awareness
Emotional intelligence refers to the understanding of emotions of others and recognizing individual’s own emotions. It is ability to observe one’s own and feelings of others and emotions. The emotional intelligence focuses on the different types of capabilities such as self awareness, self regulation, relationship management as well as social awareness. The emotional intelligence are the set of these elements and the decisions that are taken by an individual are highly dependent on these emotional factors. Self regulation consist of the regulation of one’s own emotions and self awareness refers to the recognition of own abilities and capabilities (Froman, 2010). There are several principles of self regulation such as;
1. To control the self emotions.
2. To take the initiatives at the times when needed is an important principle of self regulation.
The principles of self awareness can be;
1. The individual starts taking the responsibilities for own actions.
2. To remove the internal barriers in terms of thinking.
Question 2 Relationship between emotionally effective leaders and the ability to inspire the workers
Leaders are the pillars for the success and growth of the organizations. Efficient leaders can inspire the followers to work in the direction for the betterment of the company. The leaders play an important role in inspiring and influencing the workers towards the accomplishment of the goals and objectives of the organization. Leaders with strong emotional intelligence are efficient in working and influencing minds of workers. There are number of reasons which describes the need of emotionally effective leader in an organization. Some of these reasons are;
1. The emotionally effective leaders are the leaders who have the capability of understanding the needs and abilities of the staff and influence them towards the work while considering the subordinates’ point of view as well.
2. The emotionally effective leader can better understand the problem and issues concerning the organization and the employees.
3. Self awareness and self regulation can be generated among the employees through emotionally effective leaders in an organization.
Question 3 Communication with the diverse workforce
Communication in the workforce should be effective as to make the workers understand the roles and responsibilities of the organization. The leaders are required to communicate the policies and strategies to the subordinates and should make sure that there remains no ambiguity among the employees. In the present scenario, the organizations are becoming global and therefore the cultural differences in the workplace can be seen. The employees from different backgrounds have their own display of emotions. The leaders can develop a common medium through which the communication can take place (Ergen, 2010).
Question 4 Emotional intelligence in building workplace relationships by managing stress and conflict
Emotional intelligence is helpful for the leaders in building the healthy relationships among the workers and management at the workplace. In large organizations, there are various departments that works according to the formulated policies in order to attain the pre-determined goals and objectives. The leaders with effective emotional intelligence can inspire the workers and motivate them towards the organization in several ways. Some of the ways in which the emotional intelligence can be used as a tool by the leaders for the purpose of enhancing workplace relations, taking into consideration stress and conflict management are;
1. The emotional intelligence allow the workers to develop the self-awareness through which the workers can improve their performance and this can result in increased productivity for the organization.
2. The emotional intelligence reduces the stress among the workers by decision making the leaders understand perspectives of the subordinates.
3. Providing importance to others’ emotions also help in motivating the employees.
4. Emotional intelligence in workplace helps in building good relationships with subordinates and this helps in establishing better understanding.
5. Emotional intelligence at workplace helps in avoiding conflicts and stress at workplace.
6. Emotional intelligence helps in sharing personal visions and so they can contribute their efforts towards sharing their vision in the organizational vision also.
7. Emotional intelligence helps in self-examination and through this each and every person who is related to organization can self-examine themselves. Through this they can identity their weaknesses and threats so they can take corrective measures that can help them in overcoming their weaknesses. Through this they will be able to contribute their skills in better ways towards the growth and development of organization.
1. My emotional strengths are;
1. I am very social with the people whom I know very well.
2. I have the ability to feel the empathy of other people.
3. I am able to manage myself emotionally even in stressful situations.
My emotional weaknesses are
1. Sometimes I get so anxious.
2. I am emotionally weak when time limit is a constraint and workload is high.
3. Sometimes I get panic very soon.
2. Personal causes for stress in work life are as I live apart from my family due to my studies and work so sometimes I feel isolated and this reflects my work and I am not able to work properly when I go through this type of situation. For solving this problem I talk to my family members on call or video chat.
3. My emotional triggers are if I don’t get recognition for work, but to overcome from this trigger I get self-motivated for completion of working on time.
4. With a view to become a role model among other workers I will manage my emotions at workplace. I will not let my professional life gets affected due to my personal issues.
5. Yes, I am open towards feedback from others in concern of emotional weakness and will use it as a positive factor and growth segment towards improving my own qualities.
6. Self-reflection helps in identifying own strengths and weaknesses so that it would be helpful for me to enhance my emotional intelligence. This will provide me strength for handling emotional issues.
7. Response towards worker who is:
Extremely angry – I will tackle with utmost care and patience and will turn this anger factor into positivity through talking to him and asking about his problems.
Extremely stressed – I will be tackle with motivating him and lower down his stress level through diverting his mood in some other talks.
Extremely upset- I will handle him with intelligence towards his emotions will try to lower down his stress level and will make him feel cheerful by developing passion for his working. I will also ask him to read some motivational books.
8. Cultural expression of emotions is different in different cultures. They are to be dealt with care and cultural difference is taken into consideration. Knowledge is used for intelligence towards emotions of other concerned workers.
9. I will adapt my leadership style to lead and motivate all those workers who are experiencing different emotions. I will motivate them towards working so that I am able to integrate their personal goals towards the achievement of organizational goals.
10. Emotions of workers will be used in a positive way and leads to working it in an organization. Decisions will be based on improvement on quality of emotional intelligence and decisions are taken while taking emotions of workers into consideration.
11. I will provide them opportunities for interacting personally with me so that they feel free to discuss the if issues if any which they are feeling. I will involve the in organizational planning so that they can also present their ideas and views.
12. I will conduct some seminars relating to emotional intelligence at workplace where professionals will advise employees that how they should controls their emotions and how they should react. This will help the in managing their emotions.
13. In order to encourage others to develop their emotional intelligence some measures are:
1. Keeping positive attitude.
2. Maintaining a balance between personal and professional life.
14. For the development of the positive emotional climate in the department, I will make sure that the needs of each worker have been fulfilled and would inspire them to work in the organization. I will make sure that the grievances of the workers are heard and actions are taken accordingly. The grievances are to be taken into consideration and resolving them can make the employees feel motivated and satisfied with the job.
15. With the emotional intelligence, the strengths and weaknesses of the workers can be known. The identification of these strengths, help the organization to allocate the works according to the capabilities and abilities of the workers. I will make sure that the jobs have been allocated to the workers considering their ability to complete the particular task in an effective and efficient manner (Akduman and Yüksekbilgili, 2015).
1. The emotional strengths are the characteristics of the individuals that can be used in the organization to perform in an effective manner. Three of the emotional strengths can be described as;
All these emotional strengths are important for the leaders to develop as they are the role models for the followers. One of the strength that the leaders are required to develop is inspiring. When the leaders have this emotional strength, they can make the workers influence to work efficiently (Brackett, et., al., 2011).
2. The best leader from whom I got the inspiration is the manager at my workplace. He has got the emotional strength qualities that are required to be developed by an effective leader. The strengths can be explained through these examples;
a. Ability to understand from others’ point of view enable them to inspire the workers.
b. Having excellent communication skills make him to provide clarity of objectives of organization.
c. Inspiring attitude make subordinates to follow him.
d. Motivating with the leadership qualities influence the workers.
e. Understanding and resolving grievances of workers increase productivity in organization (Anand, et., al., 2010).
3. Five stressors in personal life;
a. Major illness
b. Death of near ones
c. Job loss
d. Change in financial state.
e. Lack of commitments.
Five stressors in professional life;
1. Change in responsibilities in work.
2. Unable to coordinate with team.
3. Demotion at workplace
4. Issues with management.
5. No Job enrichment.
4. E for elimination of stress, R for reduction of stress and C depicts the cope up with the stress
Stress in personal life
Death of near ones
Change in financial state.
Lack of commitments.
Stress in professional life
Change in responsibilities in work.
Unable to coordinate with team.
Demotion at workplace
Issues with management.
No Job enrichment.
5. Stressors marked as E and R can be eliminated and reduced by working on them.
Illness can be eliminated through medication.
Lack of commitments through determined decisions.
Change in work responsibilities through training.
Coordination can be developed.
Change in financial state through maintain stable mind.
Issues with management through effective communication.
6. (a) Three emotional triggers are;
2. New challenges
3. Be understood
(b) The emotional trigger such as new challenge is the trigger that has been emotionally responded. I faced the new challenge and prepared myself for the new roles and responsibilities. There was a feeling of fear at start but later I managed to accept the new challenges.
(c) The trigger set off this emotional response as the new challenges were accepted by me and the performance was increased in response to the changes. Emotional thinking is given in set and completed.
(d) The emotional response that I used towards the emotional trigger was to accept the new challenges and responded accordingly. In my opinion, this response was the only constructive way that could have been used towards this trigger (Suifan, et., al., 2015).
7. The leadership style can be changed as per the needs of the subordinates. If my leadership style has demoralized the employee then I will change the style and adopt the autocratic leadership. This style will motivate the leaders to present their views and will motivate them towards their job (Al-Azzam, 2015).
8. (a) In case the workers are not interacting with the leader, the leaders is required to make effective communication with the worker. An informal meeting with the worker and asking him to share the grievances concerning organization will help.
(b) In the given situation, there will be a negative impact on the employee towards the management. The employee will lose trust and hope on the leaders and will not follow them anymore (Chuang, 2013).
9. (a) The positive climate at workplace is beneficial for the employees as well as the organization. the employees are always motivated in a healthy and positive climate. The examples of positive emotional climate at workplace can be described as;
(1) Stress can be removed with open door policy in which the employees can share the problems directly to the leader (Jahanian, et., al., 2012).
(2) Emotional support can be provided to the employees.
(3) Interactions will help the employee to overcome the stress and conflicts as the disputes can be resolved effectively (Ram, et., al., 2011).
(b) Three of the strengths that can be used in workplace;
(1) Emotional intelligence
(2) Self awareness
(3) Self regulation
Akduman, G., Hatipo?lu, Z. and Yüksekbilgili, Z., 2015, “A research about emotional intelligence on generations”, International Journal of Advanced Multidisciplinary Research and Review, vol 3, issue 4, pp.124-133.
Al-Azzam, Z.F., 2015, “The Effects of Perceived Transformational Leadership Style and Emotional Intelligence on Enhancing the Effectiveness of Decision Making in Public Health Sector”, International Journal of Advanced Research , Volume 3, Issue 12, pp 1665 – 1682.
Anand, R. and UdayaSuriyan, G., 2010, “Emotional intelligence and its relationship with leadership practices”, International Journal of Business and Management, 5(2), p.65.
Brackett, M.A., Rivers, S.E. and Salovey, P., 2011, “Emotional intelligence: Implications for personal, social, academic, and workplace success”, Social and Personality Psychology Compass, 5(1), pp.88-103.
Chuang, S.F., 2013, “Essential skills for leadership effectiveness in diverse workplace development”, Online Journal for Workforce Education and Development, 6(1), p.5.
Ergen, E., 2010, “Workplace Communication: A case study on informal communication network within an organization”
Froman, L., 2010, “Positive psychology in the workplace”, Journal of Adult Development, 17(2), pp.59-69.
Jahanian, R., Tabatabaei, S.M. and Behdad, B., 2012, “Stress Management in the Workplace”, International Journal of Academic Research in Economics and Management Sciences, 1(6), p.1.
Ram, P., Swapna, B.G. and Prabhakar, G.V., 2011, “ Work environment, service climate, and customer satisfaction: Examining theoretical and empirical connections”, International Journal of Business and Social Science, 2(20).
Suifan, T.S., Abdallah, A.B. and Sweis, R.J., 2015, “The Effect of a Manager's Emotional Intelligence on Employees Work Outcomes in the Insurance Industry in Jordan”, International Business Research, vol 8, issue 9, p.67-82.