Delivery in day(s): 4
BBMK401 Integrated Marketing Communications Proof Reading Services
Integrated Marketing Communication is an approach that attempts to blend various aspects of marketing communication tools such as direct marketing, advertising, sales promotions, and social media through different methods, channels or media for the purpose of creating a seamless and unified experience for the customer (Camilleri, 2018). These tools work together in harmony since their sum is greater than their individual parts. Over the years, integrated marketing communication has proved essential due to the benefits it brings forth in organizationalbehaviour. For example, each method complements the other hence promoting a synergistic marketing mix that allows a brand’s message effectively reach the targeted audience (Powell, 2016).
Air New Zealand employs two major integrated marketing tools in its marketing operations through digital media. One, we have social media. The company supports its clients on social media seven days a week through YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and Linked-in. This had helped challenge traditional airlines communication behaviors hence being able to push boundaries (Rethink Travel, 2018). Secondly, we have the “better way to fly” campaign videos. The videos focus on passenger experience feature. This has helped promote the brand and acquire global acceptance.
Campaign: “fly as like a boss”
This campaign will be for the business class individuals who desire to fly without having to go about different processes or checks. The campaign involves the use of an integrated systems that provide individuals with online services to book flights, check tickets or any other necessary requirement that requires one to stop over the airport. This campaign is targeted to reduce the time taken while waiting for ticket approvals or luggage checks. The service will cost a little more since it will be a prime service for the airline. The airline will have a microsite that promotes the “fly like a boss campaign” hence being able to showcase the value of choosing New Zealand Airlines over other airlines. This campaign will help achieve the company’s objectives of providing the best and convenient services to clients.
The airlines market segmentation is regarded to more complex due to the extensive crossovers within the segmentation. This is because a customer may use the services of a travel agent for business trips and later may make online direct bookings for holidays from the Airline (Colenso BBDO, 2004). Therefore, Air New Zealand targets its market through identifying the customer needs. For example, the airline projects its targeted market depending on the actual holiday needs rather than the audience’s demographic profile. This allows the company not to limit itself. In addition, this approach is the best for ensuring the Airlines digital presence can be accessed by all people. This allows the gathering of feedback to be quite easier and effective hence making desired improvement is easier.
Air New Zealand incorporates different digital marketing channels but the best of the channels includes social media, content marketing and Public relations.
Social media: Air New Zealand is the first airline to run advertising on Snapchat (Bennett, 2017). This social media platform presented a better opportunity to connect and engage with millennial audiences
Figure 1.1 Source: http://www.adnews.com.au/news/air-new-zealand-why-it-s-the-most-reputable-company-in-australia/
Display advertising:The airline places display ads, interactive ads and overlays on blogs, websites and forums so as to reach out to potential customers as well as generate brand awareness.
Figure 1.2 Source: https://fontsinuse.com/uses/12695/air-new-zealand-web-ads/
Content marketing:for example, the airline’s video campaign named the “better way to fly video” that features a Goose named Dave, and a Kiwi named Pete. This video helps display the passenger experience features including the inflight-dining and the airline’s unique Sky couch seating (Bennett, 2017).
Figure 1.3 Source: https://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/long-haul-economy/
Air New Zealand has applied the above digital marketing channels consistently hence gaining more traffic and brand awareness. The following digital media displays how the channels have been employed consistently.
1. Content marketing channel
Figure 1.4 Source: https://apex.aero/2017/09/22/inspiration-behind-air-new-zealands-better-way-fly-campaign/
2. Display advertising channel.
Figure 1.5 Source: https://www.traveltrends.biz/ad-air-new-zealand-ad-may-12/
3. Content marketing channel.
Figure 1.6 Source: http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/2016/air-new-zealand-better-way-to-fly/
4. Content marketing/ social media channel.
The stakeholders who can be part of the campaign include:
1. Managers: they will assist in officiating the service so that it runs effectively in accordance with the airline’s objectives.
2. Technical team: The team will be essential in developing the system that will provide the service.
3. Sales team: They will help promote the campaign by restructuring ways that will be used to attract the desired customer for the campaign.
1. Business classtravelers: include the customers who will use the service.
2. Press/media: include partners who will assist in marketing the campaign.
3. Consultants: these stakeholders aid in ensuring the service is beneficial to the company by offering advice to the airline.
Tailor content based on each stakeholder segment: designing content that is focused around specific interests and concerns allows more engagement (Standing Partnership, 2018). This can be achieved by replicating models that received positive reviews or comments.
Engaging active and continuous dialogue with stakeholders: For example, the use of social media can help gather first hand insights and experiences from stakeholders hence increasing mutual understanding and mitigating risks (Standing Partnership, 2018).
1. Bennett, L. (2017). Air New Zealand: Why it's the most reputable company in Australia – Ad
2. News. Retrieved from http://www.adnews.com.au/news/air-new-zealand-why-it-s-the-most-reputable-company-in-australia/
3. Camilleri, M. A. (2018). Integrated Marketing Communications. In Travel Marketing, Tourism
4. Economics and the Airline Product (pp. 85-103). Springer, Cham.
5. Colenso, BBDO (2004). Air New Zealand - Retail relaunch. Retrieved fromhttps://www.warc.
7. Retrieved from http://soaringaway.com/integrated-marketing-communications-21st-century/Rethink Travel (2018). “How We Do Social” – how Air New Zealand embraced social media totake on the world.
8. Retrieved from https://rethinkingtravel.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/how-we-do-social-how-air-new-zealand-embraced-social-media-to-take-on-the-world/Standing Partnership (2018).
9. Three Ways to Enhance Stakeholder Engagement with SocialMedia | Standing Partnership. Retrieved from https://standingpartnership.com/three-ways-to-enhance-stakeholder-engagement-with-social-media/