Delivery in day(s): 4
Auditing and Decision Making Assignment
Audit is an examination and verification process for the operational activities of any business, groups, departments to authenticate the transactions and events in the said course of legitimacy and inclusive of ethical underpinnings (Kane, Palmer, Phillips and Kiron 2015). There are certain regulations and compliance of audit in the different parameters and situations according to the business and industries. In this paper we have concentrated Aviation industry where Airbus is considered for the purpose of evaluating in using the decision making tools for the organization effectiveness as well as the analysis in proactive approach in developing the dynamic process of operations. In the organization there are lots of tools helping in the evaluation and analysis of effectiveness of operations and hence for the comprehensive understanding we have developed the base of cost, quality and time for the organization Airbus. We have also analysed strengths and weaknesses in the process if decision making and analysis is not adequate and in the cases of failure of the projects after implementation. The paper is concluded with the proper recommendations to support the decision making process and other project management tools to diversify the process of organization for its better future.
Overview of Airbus
Airbus is an aircraft manufacturer transforming the future of air transportation and the growth of sustainability drives around the world. It is covering variety of aircrafts and hence is a diverse organization in its own. Its headquarters are in Toulouse, France but moreover covering all the aspects and parts of the other present economies and industry of different parts of world. Also for the comprehensiveness of its services it is providing other engineering and manufacturing capabilities including services potential to the clients and customers of continents like Asia and Europe etc.This organization is using all types of auditory mechanisms for improving the effectiveness of the organizations and approaching the potential dynamics of the industry(Airbus Supplier Portal).
Decision making tools
Issues and challenges
There are various issues and challenges in the Airbus organization which are discussed as follows:
- Firstly the organization is facing disconnect between the stakeholders as they are not aligned in the common goals and the business expansion is delayed in Asian countries with these irrespective alignment.
- Secondly they are facing group think situations rather than proper contribution of the people and hence they were lacking the coordination between the operational frameworks.
- Thirdly Airbus is facing the issues in financial remittances from Asian countries, where financial institutions are not co-operating the organization with the adequate amount of finance they required (Reddy and Reddy).
For the effectiveness of the organization we have develop a concentrated audit on the process effectiveness to make the viability and adequacy aligning the organizational objectives and visions. The audit process is as follows:
- Create a constructive environment: First of all Airbus will be analysed with the stakeholder’s analysis to make a constructive environment which will work for the common goals and achieve the business success with modern attributes and latest technology.In this process we are involving people to contribute in the mechanism of the organization and avoiding the group think situations (Lansiti and Lakhani 2014).
- Investigate the situation in detail: Secondly, we will investigate the conditions and other events of Airbus to make a relevant decision in the direction of organization effectiveness, in this process we will identify the root cause of the issues which are affecting the success of Airbus and hence we will this use the problem definition process for defining the proper solutions of the available issues (Lansiti and Lakhani 2014).
- Generate good alternatives: For the purpose of proper evaluation of the effectiveness of the organization and adequate decision making process, alternatives should be considered and focused in a discrete direction to make a proper back up in case of the operational failures and planning not working adequately. Brainstorming is used to develop the proper process and in the case of Airbus the alternatives for the decision making should be the expansion withdrawing from the countries the management is listing as lacking the proper platforms and other relevant resources (Lansiti and Lakhani 2014).
- Explore your options: Another step for the auditory framework on the Airbus organization for developing its effectiveness and approaching the potential dynamism the options or the alternatives identified in the last step of withdrawing expansion for the Airbus will be explored and evaluated properly top find out the viability and loss to the business and hence thus we will form an opinion on the decision finally we need to take. In this step we can either take assistance with the force field analysis or with the quantitative approach of pros and cons factors to evaluate the alternatives options specifically aligning with the organization objectives (Lansiti and Lakhani 2014).
- Select the best solution: Finally we will select one of the best option from the available options or alternatives in Airbus organization for its better and effectiveness. If still some scope of other factors isinfluences and storming we can take advantage of the decision matrix process and paired comparison analysis which will evaluate our alternatives and put the efficient weight in the decision we need to make the organization to be effective. Also the organization can choose the decision based on the groups and hence to evaluate the groups decision Delphi technique can be used which will provide an impartial decision which will fairly address the changes in the organization Airbus (Lansiti and Lakhani 2014).
- Evaluate your plan: Finally after selecting and evaluating the alternatives we will evaluate the plan based on the psychological decisions where no biasness or impartiality will be entertained to make a reasonable and justified decision or solution addressing the industry problems sufficiently. This step will include the psychological bias in decision making to make the organization effectiveness and approaching the industry dynamisms for growth and adequate expansion (Lansiti and Lakhani 2014).
- Communicate your decision, and take action: The final step in the auditory frameworks for the decisions making process of Airbus organization for its effectiveness includes the communication of the decision making which has been selected and evaluated for the good cause and apparently developed on the modern attributes and latest technology to grow the business adequately and sufficientlyeradication of any risks and threats from the operational activities of the departments of the organization (Lansiti and Lakhani 2014).
Strengths &Weakness of the operations
Strengths of the operations
- Flexibility of the decision making process
- Stakeholders analysis
- Contribution of the teams
- Effective communication
- Root cause analysis (D'Aveni 2015)
Weakness of the operations
- Group think situations
- Interrelated factors
- Single concentration
- Non-Coherent direction and no alignment between departments (D'Aveni 2015)
This discussion has developed various key decision factors which includes the following. There are various decisions making tools which can evaluate the effectiveness of the organizations and hence these are considered in Airbus for the effective and viable approach of adequacy of operations. The importance is as follows:
- Identifying uncertainty: The identification of uncertainty provides the information of relevant information and several other hidden facts which are important for taking the decisions.
- Resolving complexity: The organization focus should be on several interrelated factors which should be solved and focused carefully to develop the dynamic process of decision making; hence the complexity should be considered and is the most important tool of decision making (Mc Afee and Brynjoifsson, 2012).
- Considering the consequences for high risks factors: The consideration of the risky factors is an important exercise of the decision making as it will provide a definite success as eradicating from the operations of the organization. Also the significance of the decisions should exist and impact the business in its effectiveness.
- Finding other alternatives: The decision making process is evaluated with the proper alternatives and solutions as in order to make a backup plan in case of the management plan and process failures. Alternatives will strengthen the organization and broaden the path of the organization effectiveness and its success.
- Settling interpersonal skills: Another main step in the process of adequate decision making for the organization effectiveness will be predicting the behaviour of the different relevant personalities and related departments to make the organization stable and coherent in the dynamism of the industry frameworks (Mc Afee and Brynjoifsson, 2012).
With the above discussions and recommendations we can conclude that Airbus organization can develop a dynamic process after implementation the decision evaluated with the recommended audit process.The identification of uncertainty provides the information of relevant information and several other hidden facts which are important for taking the decisions.The organization focus should be on several interrelated factors which should be solved and focused carefully to develop the dynamic process of decision making, hence the complexity should be considered and is the most important tool of decision making. The purpose of the study has been approached sufficiently where we have decently discussed the decision making tools and address the consequences and other related factors of the decision making process. We have covered the strengths and weakness of the auditory mechanism implemented in the Airbus organization and hence with the right and flexible direction we were able to achieve the designated and defines objectives and make the organization effectiveness.
- Mc Afee, A and Brynjoifsson, E (2012), Big Data: The management revolution. Harvard Business Review, October, pp. 60-68.
- D'Aveni, R (2015), 3D Printing Revolution. Harvard Business Review, May, pp. 40-48
- Lansiti, M and Lakhani, K (2014), Digital Ubiquity: How connections, sensors and data are revolutionizing business management. Harvard Business Review, November, pp. 90-99
- Reddy, R and Reddy, S: Supply Chains to Virtual Integration, McGraw-Hill, Chapters 4,5
- Zappos.com: Developing a supply chain to deliver wow
- Airbus Supplier Portal: Changing a Business Paradigm
- Kane, G, Palmer, D Phillips, A and Kiron, D (2015), Is your business ready for a digital future? MIT Sloan Management Review 56(4) pp. 37-44