HI6006 Competitive Strategy Editing Service
Delivery in day(s): 4
Every professional should follow the ethical codes of conduct throughout their career. This is applied not only to a specific professional course of career but follows every career scope. The following is a businessanalysis of a case study based on which it is to be decided whether the conducts has been ethically correct or not. This would be done through the finding of the case study and its relevance with the ACS codes of conduct and the Australian Legislation. Finally, the Ethical Dilemma in the situation would be analyzed through the framework of Solving Ethics Dilemma.
The following situation is of an organization involved in Web Designing and a person appointed to interview its staff to ascertain their current knowledge regarding their expertise in the relevant professional zone. It was done to find the shortcomings of the workforce as a whole, that is, overall. However, it was found that the process was able to identify the shortcomings and weaknesses of each employee. Moreover, the Vice President of the company asked the consultant about an employee who excelled after the study had been conducted. This was an ethical dilemma situation, which would be further analyzed with the help of 3 of the codes belonging to the ACS codes of ethics as described below:
1. Honesty: According to the case study, it can be seen that the person who was appointed to interview the staff in the Web Designing organization was to find out the overall competency in the organization as a whole. However, after the interview sessions were complete it was found that instead of an accumulated result, the process has the ability to make out individual assessment of finding weaknesses of each employee. Moreover, the Vice President has been asking for the individual best performer from the consultant. Therefore, it does not retain honesty of the profession in this regard.
2. Professional Development: The process in action to find out the overall weakness of the workforce in the organization would indeed comply with the professional development of every employee in the organization. This is because; when the workforce would be able to find their weaknesses regarding their profession, they can always find out ways to enhance their professional skill, in turn, making progress in career.
3. Professionalism: According to the case study, professionalism is not maintained in the organization or by the higher authority. This is because; the individual respect for each employee is not maintained in the process of finding overall weakness and the process also does not enhance the integrity of the ACS. The members of the workforce would also find inconsistency in maintaining respect for each other when they would find about the individual weaknesses.
The case study above describes a scenario where there is a possibility of discriminating people on the basis of their weaknesses or disabilities on professional competency. According to Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (DDA) in Australian Legislation it is unlawful to discriminate against a person in the organization on the basis of education, employment or any other physical disability. However, the discrimination in this case is indirect, since the employee benefits are not aware that the process can make out overall weakness of individual instead of making out overall weakness of the workforce, this is also against the law since a process in the organization is undisclosed to the workforce.
The Ethical Dilemma for the consultant according to the case study can be solved with the Solving Ethics Dilemma framework as listed as below:
Determination of the ethical dilemma: As per the process described to the consultant, the interview was scheduled with the employees to make out the overall weaknesses, however, the consultant was asked by the Vice President to name the best employee according to the study made. This would be an ethical dilemma situation for the person appointed to interview the employees because it does not facilitate the individual data of a person.
Key values and principles involved: The process as mentioned above does not facilitate the individual data of a person
Every professional should follow the ethical codes of conduct throughout their career. This is applied not only to a specific professional course of career but follows every career scope. The following is an analysis of a case study based on which it is to be decided whether the conducts has been ethically correct or not. This would be done through the finding of the case study and its relevance with the ACS codes of conduct and the Australian Legislation. Finally, the Ethical Dilemma in the situation would be analyzed through the framework of Solving Ethics Dilemma.
1. MacDougall, A.E., Bagdasarov, Z., Johnson, J.F. and Mumford, M.D., 2015. Managing workplace ethics: An extended conceptualization of ethical sensemaking and the facilitative role of human resources. In Research in Personnel and Human Resources Management (pp. 121-189). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
2. Murage Sarah, N., Sang, A. and Ngure, S., 2018. Ethical Issues in Recruitment, Selection and Employee Performance in Public Universities in Nyeri County, Kenya.
3. Schwartz, M.S., 2017. Business Ethics: An Ethical Decision-making Approach (Vol. 10). John Wiley & Sons.
4. Wachbroit, R., 2017. Disowning knowledge: issues in genetic testing. Philosophical Dimensions of Public Policy, 13, p.239