Part 1- Introduction The report contains the...
MGF 1010 Accounting Operations Solution
A good relation between the employer and employee play an important role in the future sustainability of the company as well as profitability of the company. Behavioral problem may demotivate and mislead the employees. In addition to this, it also effects the reduction of the employees who are happily and loyally work for the company. Bahfen and Associates is a company who works finance related work. The management of the company appointed Yong Lee as Manager of Accounting Operations depending on her experience. Her role in the company is to expertise the accounting principlesand regulations. But some problems have been arrived for his behavioral changes which affect the company badly.
Problem identification and analysis:
Yong Lee has new appointed in Bahfen and Associates as a Manager of Accounting Operations depending on her experience. She has the depth knowledge regarding the accounting techniques. Her role in the company is to expertise the accounting principles and regulations. In addition to this, she also supervises the plant, marketing and service section of the company. 20 stuffs are working for her and three of them directly report to her (Andersen, 2004). She set an efficient and effective accounting system but recently some problems rose which affect this system. The stuffs who work under her, complained against her to the financial manager. These workers are very loyal and happily work for the company. Yong Lee gives the responsibility to her stuffs, according to their ability, for a particular area. All time she monitoring and consulting with the stuffs and she is also handling the reporting and recording in a correct manner. Thus she gives a lot of pressure to the stuffs as a result the new joined trainee also had to work over night for the company. But when they wanted cooperation from her, they did not satisfy with her answer. She did not motivate her stuffs in a proper manner (Arvinen-Muondo and Perkins, 2013). For example, Virat who was in charge of general accounting and his responsibility is to control the daily operation as well as monitor the ledger accounts. He stated that when he doing his work most of the time Yong Lee interfere and ask questions regarding his work which shows that she do not believe in him. In addition to this, he also stated that the manager does not give any appreciation for his god work but if any error occur then she quickly point out it. Other than this problem, if any staff recommended any kind of changes will make this system better then she also approves this recommendation as if she wants to change this system. Apart from that she also doesn’t want to give any opportunity for promotion as per the company promised the staffs when they joined this company. Apart from this accounting section the other section also complained against her. She does not properly communicate with the other staffs and even not allow her subordinate for helping the others (Arvinen-Muondo and Perkins, 2013). If she has any quarries or wants to discuss something with the others only then she will do it. But in the time of meeting or discussion she forcefully put her opinion on the others.
Statement of major problem:
From the above discussion it is clearly noticed that the manager of accounting operations section (Yong Lee) does not properly communicate with the others as well as her own subordinate and she also misbehave with the staffs (Chiba, Shimoyama and Suzuki, 2009). As a result, the staffs are demotivated by her behavior. So the major problem is the behavioral problem of Yong Lee. This will also affect the company as well as the system. It will also have a bad impact on the working environment. She cannot lead the workers or motivated them so that the work efficiency of the company also reduces. This will also affect the profitability of the company. The problems which are arrived within the company are given below:
- The number of workers has been reduced.
- The workers are not satisfied with their wages.
- They are also not satisfied with their position.
- She gives a lot of pressure to the stuffs as a result the new joined trainee also had to work over night for the company (Chiba, Shimoyama and Suzuki, 2009).
- If any staff recommended any kind of changes will make this system better then she also approves this recommendation as if she wants to change this system.
- She also doesn’t want to give any opportunity for promotion as per the company promised the staffs when they joined this company (Chow and Choi, 2003).
- She does not properly communicate with the other staffs and even not allow her subordinate for helping the others.
- In the time of meeting or discussion she forcefully put her opinion on the others.
Generation and evaluation of a range of alternative solution:
From the above discussion it is clear that she has a behavioral problem. This will also affect the company as well as the system (King and Lawley, 2012). It will also have a bad impact on the working environment. She cannot lead the workers or motivated them so that the work efficiency of the company also reduces. This will also affect the profitability of the company. To solve this problem or evaluate this problem the management of the company firstly analyzes the side effects of these problems that mean the good and bad effect (King and Lawley, 2012). Yong Lee does her work in a proper way. She helps to increases the service of the company. She fulfills her all expectation regarding the responsibility or the work by her workers within the time. Each and every work has been accurate. She manages the work by providing the average salary to the employees which helps to increase the funds of the company. Apart from that, her attitude, lack of communication, misbehaviors created lots of problems for the company. The company loses its most experience and loyal employees. The newly appointed employees also disappointed with her behavior. The management of the company should talk with her regarding the behavioral problem. As a result she can maintain her responsibility in a better way. She has to give appreciation in case of good results to her subordinates (Knibbs, 1982). If there any problem arise among the employees she should take the initiative to solve this problem by communicate with them. She has to be polite with her staffs and also motivate them in a proper manner so that they can efficiently, effectively and happily do her work. Thus, the working environment of the company maintained and the workers also do their work happily. Moreover, the employees can get job satisfaction from the company.
To solve the above problem which has been discussion in above some recommendation is given below:
- She has to maintain her responsibility in a better way.
- She has to give appreciation in case of good results to her subordinates.
- In case, any problem arise among the employees she should take the initiative to solve this problem by communicate with them (Lin and Lee, 2004).
- She has to be polite with her staffs and also motivate them in a proper manner so that they can efficiently, effectively and happily do her work. Thus, the working environment of the company maintained and the workers also do their work happily.
Implementation:A meeting has to be held as soon as possible to explain to employees regarding reason for the proposed changes and other feedback. The action steps are: Yong Lee must change her behavioral problem. WHO: the CEO (Yulya Petrova) of the company take this decision. Yong Lee must cooperate with the all stuffs (Mackenzie, 2003). She has to promise that she always maintains her responsibility in a better way such as:
- Must give appreciation to her subordinates in case of good results.
- Must communicate and help the employees as per her ability.
- Must feel the employee valuable.
- If any employee eligible for promotion, the she must promote the employee as per his/her ability.
- Must always motivate them and cooperate with them.
- Must understand their problem and give alternative suggestion to them.
HOW: depending on the problem, the CEO of the company arrange meetings so that problems that has been arrived within the company will be solved. This meeting is arranged between the employees and managers of the company. The management also wants to re-appoint their old and loyal employees in their company. In addition to this, they also want to recruit more employees in order to reduce the work load.COST:
- Relocation expenses: A cost will be incurred if the company reappointed the old employees.
- Recruitment costs: the company wants to recruit more employees in order to reduce the work load (Edwards, 2008).
From the above project, it is observed that the behavioral changes of the employer or employee may affect working environment and it also affect the work. In the above scenario, certain problems have been occurred among the employees regarding their accounting operations manager. As a result the management of the company takes initiative to solve this problem. They arrange a meeting for this and take proper step against accounting operational manager. Apart from that, the management takes the feedbacks regarding her from the all employees. The management also takes care of the employees whether they satisfied with their work, incentives, position etc.
- Andersen, J. (2004). Vicars vs. Managers: Do Vicars Differ From Managers In Terms of Leadership Behaviour?. Journal of Management, Spirituality & Religion, 1(2), pp.201-223.
- Arvinen-Muondo, R. and Perkins, S. (2013). Organizational behaviour. London: Kogan Page.
- Chiba, Y., Shimoyama, K. and Suzuki, Y. (2009). Recognition and behaviour of caregiver managers related to oral care in the community. Gerodontology, 26(2), pp.112-121.
- Chow, W. and Choi, K. (2003). Identifying managers who need ethics training in using IT at work. Behaviour & Information Technology, 22(2), pp.117-125.
- Edwards, D. (2008). How to solve the problem of mixed conjunctions. Analysis, 68(2), pp.143-149.
- King, D. and Lawley, S. (2012). Organizational behaviour. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Knibbs, J. (1982). The Personalising Behaviour of Managersâ€¦ or, How They Look After Themselves. Personnel Review, 11(4), pp.24-30.
- Lin, H. and Lee, G. (2004). Perceptions of senior managers toward knowledgeâ€sharing behaviour. Management Decision, 42(1), pp.108-125.
- Mackenzie, M. (2003). An exploratory study investigating the information behaviour of line managers within a business environment. The New Review of Information Behaviour Research, 4(1), pp.63-78.