Part 1- Introduction The report contains the...
In the highly competitive and advanced world, students are facing transition in the education system offered in high school. It has become difficult for the students to adapt the new environment and achieve good grades in their assignments and examinations. It has been observed that students are expected to learn more through challenging materials. There are different strategies offered in order to provide help to the students to achieve good grades in their high school, some of them are as follows:
1. Read rubrics and directions carefully - In each of your assignment, you are required to read the directions carefully. If you will not follow these instructions, you won't be able to achieve good grades even if there is slight difference in your project. If you are asked to write a long essay, you will be in trouble at the ending pages even if you are good at your job. Even if you are choose to ignore the instructions, you should not sacrifice your grades.
There are cases when students misinterpret directions, students can blame the teachers for giving bad grades. If you are not agree to follow the assignment structure, you will not be able to get anywhere. You are also required to re-educate yourself based on the class expectations so that the teacher will not deduct any point form your assignment.
2. Participate and listen in class - Every student has some trait to get good grades in order to pay attention in class. You might think to space out in class, ace the test and study hard later. If school has always been a breeze for you, you must run into something that is difficult to understand. If you will pay attention in class, you have to spend less time in studying for long run. It happens because students have already absorbed lots of information with the engagement of the teacher's interaction.
In order to reinforce your learning in a different way, students must take notes in class. Before beginning your college, it is considered as the smart way to adopt this habit. Therefore, you are not required to struggle in the lecture class for taking notes. If you will learn summarizing the main and important points of your lesson, it is easy to take notes at times when they are more complex and critical. Class participation is considered as the important aspect for couple of reasons like it might be the part of your grade, it accounts for ten percent or more than your final grades, etc. The class participation will help you to understand the materials properly and accurately and allow the teachers to know about your subject effectively and efficiently. Most of the students considered class participation as difficult part.
3. Sooner or later, ask for help - A student can get success only if they are aware of the fact that when to ask for help, as you might get bombed anytime with a test even if you have not asked for it. As soon as possible, try to approach your teacher with your situations and problems and ask if she could meet them after the school to go over the material. This will allow you to avoid bad grades and build up a positive relationship with your teacher.
In some cases, it is difficult to get the help, if the teacher is not willing to help you or you are a super independent person on your own. If you have prepared a list of questions for your teacher, it is much easy to get the required information and ask them to explain things in different ways that could be helpful for you. If you are running on the struggling phase, it is considered as the smartest things to do.
4. Avoid relying on your friends and family too much - On a homework assignment, if you and your friends are helping each other out, it is dependent on your work distribution. However, if you will directly create the copy of your friend's homework, it is considered as the another form of cheating even if the homework will count towards the grade.
If a student wished to achieve good grades for a longer run, you must avoid these. If you will copy your homework assignments, you will only hurt yourself in the name of cheating. If you are heavily relying on other's knowledge for small assignments, then the larger assignments like papers and tests have become difficult since you never learned the material for your own self. In order to figure out your homework problems, you should not assign your parents to edit your papers extensively or perform most of your work. Instead of good, it will harm you more if you are not learning on your own terms. On a test, you have to solve math problems or write an essay. In such case, you might fall short of your potential, even if you are not experiencing good things independently.
Note - Most of the students are struggling to get good grades in high school because they are not aware of doing effective studies.
5. Do your homework always - In high school, most of the teachers assign regular homework, as some may not be able to incorporate it into your grades. Some of the students prefer to ignore their homework assignments, which is known as bad idea. Particularly, subjects like Science and Math make the homework assignments critical if you are willing to gain full comprehension of your material. In subjects like Math, the understanding of students in one unit of study is considered as necessary foundation of your understanding of next unit.
If you start avoiding and skipping homework assignments, you might get confused if the teacher moves towards a new unit. it results in the distraction of your mind and poor performance of your assignments that could count towards your grade. These homework assignments will help you psychologically, if you will stay on top of the things in a class and become more confident based on your knowledge. Homework assignments are the method of consistent study over time. You are not required to study for tests, if you do the homework as you have solid understanding of what you need to know.
6. Know the difference between reading it and getting it - The reading over the material before a test creates a photographic memory. You are required to absorb the information by keeping it in your brain. The surface level knowledge will not help you when you are dealing with open-ended questions on a test. You must recall the facts without any prompts or hints.
Before a test, if you will review the sheets, you must read them with small and manageable sections. If you will read each section carefully, try to repeat the facts back to yourself. The more bizarre the memory device you will deal with, the more likely you will remember the facts. After you will read everything, take the help of someone who can quiz you on the information. It is important that you must have a full understanding of what you need to know and be able to answer the questions based on how different facts can connect to each other rather than interpreting the facts on their own.
7. Study in between tests -Some of the students feel glamour in the late night pre-test sessions. However, you are required to sacrifice your sanity in order to attain good grades in test. You must adopt the habit of going over the material that you are regularly learning . It is considered as the best method of avoiding the situation of panic. If you will build up your knowledge, you might feel more confident. At the night before the test, You must try to study every detail that is must for you to understand, you can perform quick review of the important concepts that reassures yourself to be in a good shape.
8. Make project timelines - If you are willing to earn high grades without suffering excessive amount of stress, it is important for you to overcome procrastination habits. On long term projects, it is difficult to manage your time. If you are a procrastinator, you must make a timeline for your long term assignments. If you have due projects, you must brainstorm in the first week in order to make a rough outline of the project so that you can spend rest of the time in perfecting it. This timeline is considered as vague, as it is completely dependent on the type of projects you are preparing and what it involves allow you to get an idea or reach to a conclusion.
In order to polish your work, if you are saving your last week, You will end up with your final product by representing your abilities in a better and efficient manner. Sticking to a particular schedule can be quite difficult. Therefore, you want your teacher to monitor your progress by checking your performance periodically. For longer projects, some of the teachers set up check points as students find themselves in trouble for avoiding procrastination.
9. Stay organized- It is important for the students to keep the track of all the materials for your classes. The good organizational habits helps you to succeed in high school and pay off in spades when you get to college as well. You must mark the beginning of each and every unit in your notebook by keeping the folder for each class. When you will study for tests, this method will allow you to review the sheet and understand its importance in your notebook.
Students must write down their homework assignments as smaller assignments allow your brain to focus on tests and big projects. If you do not have concrete homework assignment, you must make the notes of your potential work. If you are working on light assignments in other classes, you must catch long term projects or start studying a test that is coming in next week.
We are experts to guide getting good grades in high school. You don’t need to worry about how you will get good marks and achieve success. It is good to accept that you can contact us any time whenever you need any kind of help. We can easily take care of your problems easily, as our experts are always ready to guide and assist in your problems and burden. For any query, feel free to contact You can solve your assignments to the best of your abilities and knowledge.
Disclaimer - Company will not take any responsibility of any type of academic misconduct done by an individual. The views expressed in this post are that of the author and not those of ozassignments