Global Trends in ICT and Education
In the highly technological and modernized world, the Information Communication Technology has increased its trends and usage. There are various number of significant parts of education. Teaching and schooling has been changed with the new context. There are some characteristics offered by the ICT that is considered as the essential tool in our day-to-day life. The introduction of new technologies has changed the method of communication, living and our working. Due to this, the educational approach has made the society and school closer. In the 21st century, the education system should follow the conceptions that positively contribute towards the development of critical citizens and better society.
Under mentioned is a list of projections from leading forecasters that offers a good dose of guess work. The global trend sin education and ICT are as follows:
1. Mobile Learning –Mobile smart phones have become indispensible tool due to the interdiction of new advancement in both software and hardware. In the telecommunication industry, the cell phone contains fixed line technology known as leapfrog which suggests that the mobile devices having computing capabilities and internet accessibility can overtake the personal computers in regards with the information appliance of choices within the classroom.
2. Cloud computing– There are wide range of applications that are standing alone like the desktop computers or the server farms accessible through the internet. The indication and application of this trend in education system is huge that makes the information appliances cheaper and available. It does not require the size of PC or the processing power. The will helps in providing pervasive connectivity to the accessibility of information within a cloud.
3. One-to-One computing– This is the most recent and widely used educational trend inside the classroom that helps in providing an information appliance to each and every learner along with creating learning environments that helps in imagining universal accessibility towards the technologies. Classrooms must prepare for the availability at universal level based on the personal learning devices through the hardware involvement like laptop per child (OLPC),s mart phone, a net computer and re-emergence of tablet.
4. Universal learning –The emergence of robust connectivity infrastructure and cheaper school and computer systems all around the world helps in the development of ability by providing various learning opportunities to students anywhere anytime. It requires the tutorials of traditional lessons. Additionally, the internet and hardware accessibility of virtual teachers and mentors offers the opportunities for the self-paced, peer-to-peer and deeper learning.
5. Gaming– A research has been conducted which shows that the massive multiplayer and other online game experience is common for the young people or generation. It further offers various opportunities in order to increase the social interactions and civic engagement by making use of games. This incredible success helps the students to focus on the active participation by building interaction and incentives through current educational methods that are not falling short. The educational games effectively and efficiently attract the attention and interest of the learners.
6. Personalized learning– With the advent of time, the educational systems are regularly investigating the use of technologies in order to better understand the knowledge of the student and editing their teaching techniques prior to their learning by addressing both the learning styles and learning gaps. This will further helps in transforming a classroom by adjusting a pedagogy and content based on eth needs of an individual associated with their weakness and strongness.
7. Redefinition of learning spaces -The classroom comprised of 30 desks in rows of 5 may become an evidence of the industrial age all around the world due to the re-thinking of accurate learning environments that helps in focusing the cross-disciplinary, collaborative and student-centered learning. Concepts like circular tables, light, colors and individual spaces for both teachers and student’s opens up the learning spaces for project based learning helps in increasing its emphasis.
8. Teacher-generated open content –The school systems are empowering the networks and the teachers in order to identify and create the effective learning resources in the classroom. Most of the online texts allow the editing and addition to the teachers and customize the material for their own purposes. It also allows the students to receive the tailored and edited copy that could suit the pace and style of the course. In most of the cases, these resources compliment the official textbooks for the students as the primary learning source. These activities create challenge for the traditional policies and procedures based on the copyright and intellectual property.
9. Smart portfolio assessment –The management, collection, retrieving and sorting of related data towards learning could help the teachers to understand the customized content, learning gaps and pedagogical approaches. The methods of portfolio assessments are increasingly moving towards formative assessments that allow the real time data to put the high pressure on exams as the mark of excellence. These tools are widely available so that the students can gather their work in a form of online portfolio whenever they add the blog post, tweet and photo to an online service. It will directly appear in the personal portfolio which can be assessed through teachers and peers.
10. Teacher managers/mentors –In the classroom, the role of the teachers can be transformed in terms of knowledge to an instructional manager. It will helps in providing a guide and direction to thestudents through the individual learning pathways, creating collaborative learning opportunities, identifying important; learning resources and providing support and insights to the formal and official class time. This shift is considered as easy as the failure and success of technology projects inside the classroom creates influence on the human factors by allowing teachers to the unchartered territory.
There is a great need to create the world-class content marked for the student learning across different categories and is available to each and every student at just the click of button. The interactive learning systems, proliferation of different access devices, content ecosystem and evolvement of telecom infrastructure will ensure the skill and learning development with the demands of today’s world. It can potentially fulfill the knowledge gap among the students, capability gap among the teachers and overcoming the issue of scalability in education.
These trends will continue to challenge the delivery models important for the formal education and is practiced in most of the countries. If you still have any query, take the assistance fromwww.ozassignments.com/contact-us/.
Disclaimer - Company will not take any responsibility of any type of academic misconduct done by an individual. The views expressed in this post are that of the author and not those of ozassignments