HUCL1101 Role Concepts in Health Care Paper Editing Services
Topic “Culture diversity in the workplace”
At the present time,cultural values and beliefs are considered very important and essential at a workplace to be considered as one of the most vital aspects in the required way. Everyorganization behaviourhas its own cultural understanding and beliefs which is helping the firm to carry out the work in the effective and appropriate manner. The companies are facing several diversity issues regarding culture. In this study the elements of cultures will be understood and its needs and requirements which is very important and essential to be considered. Four major elements are there which is very important which effectively be understood in this study appropriately.
Four Elements of Culture
In the workplace, the four elements of culture are:
1. Health beliefs and practices
The general health belief and practices in the workplaces are:
1. Preventive care should not be practiced
2. Illness is considered to be the will of the god and the recovery of the patient is in his hands
3. Cold and hot principles are applicable
4. The soulfulnessof pain is traditionally acceptable
5. The familymay not require fatally ill told as it stops pleasure of the life left
6. Being over heavy can be seen as the sign ofuprightfitness and well life
7. Diet is high in sugar, salt, starch and fat
8. Extraordinary admiration for the expert and old aged
9. Offer similar sex caregivers if possible
10. The specific health belief and practices in the workplace consist of:
Cultural Competency Training Programs
The hospitals are making policies to provide adequate training to the nurses and general practitioners in an order to enrich the work performed by them, good training helps in transforming the staffbehaviourand patient-staff interactions (Bateman, et. al., 2018).
Coordination with traditional healers
Numerous health care units used their religious leaders and traditional healers to guide their medical care. The Clinicians are required to coordinate their care with those healers to upturn compliance
Use of Community Health Workers Use of Community Health Workers
Members of minority communities can also be used to reach out and offer direct amenities and health education. At times the communities can act as liaisons-
1. Bring patients in for care
2. Offer cultural connection
3. Overcome suspicion
4. Improve communication
5. Increase admittance to precaution
Immersion into another Culture Immersion into another Culture
Allowsmembertooverawed ethnocentrism and increases social attentiveness. It assimilates cultural philosophies into wellbeing care practices
1. Cold and hot theory in Asians and Hispanic
2. Antecedent Worship in the Asians
3. Blood Products and Jehovah’s Witness
4. Pregnancy loss and Bereavement in all cultures
5. Vaginal haemorrhage in Jewish principles.
2. Family Patterns
The cultures are the aspect which has been learned by the individual. In a family, there are people with different gender, male and female. As according to the proposed layout, a family is the one which is having a subsystem which needs to be understood and manage them as per the values that they build amongst them. The family is following two aspects, one the structure and the other is the functions (Hill, 2017).
The functions of a family are to regulate the sexual aspects and needs of the people, socializingof children, availing provision for care. The family patterns are playing a vital and most important role which is needed to be understood by the company. The gender schema is a perspective which is concerning the importance and significance of the process which is developing the gender. The process is dependent on an antique and unique proposition which helps in making a family be more effective and active in working. The health-related concern is very important along with the help of this the people of society will be able to meet their own needs and requirements (Hareven&Plakans, 2017).
The difference in the behaving pattern is totally relying upon the family development and dynamics which is aiding in meeting the social factors and elements. The things and activities which a person is performing arebecause of the cultural values and understanding which has been built by the person.The family pattern which is been used and followed by the people is quite different in taste, preferences and so on. This is very important and beneficial for the family members as they are also involved in other aspects and with its assistance the people are can live a proper and well managed in the best possible manner (Fogarty, et. al., 2017).
3. Communication style
The inter hospitalmarketing and communicationis between the two hospital units so that there can be a continuous exchange of ideas and information among the two hospitals irrespective of their location. This is nowadays evidential that distant consultation, by means of telemedical services like video-conferencing, is capable to support pthe roblem of dissemination of proficiency. It has been revealed for instance, that when a common radiologist is capable to look up with a distant specialist, sharing of views on the X-ray images by utilizing the low-resolution video, then the common radiologist’s analytic correctness enhanced. It now appears believed that with suitable technology, digitally diffused phantasmagorias can in principle counterpart prevailing imaging methods. The price of attaining such outcomes differs with the kind of imaging assignment being attempted.
Figure: Possible conversations in a hospital
Source:(Ntoumanis, et. al., 2017)
Nearly all of the preventable medical investigation is concentrated on interfaces among hospitals and e home or the public services. Very fewer efforts have been done to comprehend the in-house communication dynamic forces and necessities of hospitals. However, it must seem that any hospital is a multifaceted institute, and that virtuous communication procedures should be important to its operation. Hence, while abundant effort has been dedicated to emerging electronic patient accounts and record, there has been the negligible examination of how the interaction systems can be technologically advanced to upkeep the operations of the hospital. Though, an acute inspection of characteristics of a clinic as the place of work can classify vibrant extents in which there is important impending for development. Two areas in specific deserve the most of the attention and they are the requirement to main gain mobility, and the requirement for asynchronous messaging.
4. Death and dying practices
Dying and death is considered to be a universal human experience all across the globe. However human beings’ feelings, practices and beliefs in regard to this experience vary extensively among dissimilar cultures and religions. For patients from various cultures, the brilliance of care means ethically suitable care. One has to recall that dying is problematic enough; no one requires to undergo extra stress or suffering as importance of cultural misinterpretation.Death ceremonies are at times formed by culture. In severely or dying ill patients, the amount of information which families and physicians share with the patient are about her or his prediction, the family members and patient' expression of sorrow, the acceptance and use of hospital care, the closure of life sustenance systems, the honesty of the burial and body, and other end-of-life problems pose important bioethical and cross-cultural challenges for paediatricians. Below specified are the helpful guidelines for dealing with these multifaceted circumstances:
1. Regulate who controls admission to a body and in what way a body must be move toward after death.
2. Deliberate the significance of spiritual principles, mainly about the significance of demise, the survival of a next world, and certainty in phenomena.
3. Measure in what means hope for a regaining is transferred within the domestic and with health care specialists.
4. Measure the gradation of pessimism as opposed to a lively desire for the mechanism of events into the future (Corr, et. al., 2018).
From the study, it has been understood that culture and value are very important aspects which is very necessary. It has also been analysed that there are several elements which have been designed and taken into consideration that the cultures are defining the value of an individual and how it is having influence in an organisation. The four elements have been understood which are about health belief, family pattern communication pattern and death and dying practices. All these are the aspects which are showing about the cultural diversities and problems. The cultural importance and value will be able to get understand in the appropriate and effective manner.
1. Boatemaa, S., Badasu, D. M., &Aikins, A. D. G. (2018). Food beliefs and practices in urban poor communities in Accra: implications for health interventions. BMC public health, 18(1), 434.
2. Corr, C. A., Corr, D. M., &Doka, K. J. (2018). Death & dying, life & living. Cengagelearning.
3. Fogarty, M. P., Rapoport, R., &Rapoport, R. N. (2017). Sex, career and family. Routledge.
4. Hareven, T. K., &Plakans, A. (Eds.). (2017). Family History at the Crossroads: A Journal of Family History Reader (Vol. 4998). Princeton University Press.
5. Hill, R. (2017). Family Development in Three Generations: A Longitudinal Study of Changing Patterns of Financial Planningand Achievement. Routledge.
6. Ntoumanis, N., Quested, E., Reeve, J., &Cheon, S. H. (2017). Need supportive communication: implications for motivation in sport, exercise, and physical activity. Persuasion and communication in sport, exercise, and physical activity. Abingdon, UK: Routledge.