Delivery in day(s): 4
PRS202 – Issues in Crises Management Assignment Brief
This task requires you to consider and apply relevant theories, principles and ethics to the appropriate identification and analysis of a selected high-profile crises management situation.(Real event).
For this assignment, you need to select as a case study a high – profile crises event that has occurred in the past and analyse the strategic plan used to combat the crises and evaluate the success or otherwise of the plan’s outcomes in written brief format.
The case studies can be obtained from websites, text book, PRIA, journals and government reports. The case study requires my approval prior to commencing work on this assignment.
The report should include the following:
- Executive Summary
- Appropriate case identification
- Analysis of the issues
- Application of theories, strategies, ethics and principles to the selected case
- Media and environmental scanning
- Stakeholder analysis
- Professional presentation of brief
- Correct English, grammar and referencing
- Attention to report structure
You are to write the report from the perspective of a PR consultant who is providing the report to the relevant decision-makers in your chosen organisation regarding a crises/risk management plan including appropriate strategies and recommendations.
- Executive Summary: Concisely sums up report contents
- Introduction: Provides good introductory background of client and need for campaign
- Research and Development: Extensive & credible research conducted and reported
- Situational Analysis: Comprehensive analysis of SWOT (PESTLE: optional)inclusing media
- Goals and Objectives: Realistic goals and SMART objectives
- Key Target Publics: Appropriate choice and full description of each audience group
- Suitable choice of themes/messages/broad channels of communication
- Linked to achieve your goals and objectives
- Highlight the major PR tasks/activities
- Demonstrated understanding of PR tactics, differentiated from aspects of marketing
- Linked to each strategy
- Timeline: Professional depiction of implementation schedule using GANNT or PERT
- Evidence of learning outcomes:
- Demonstrated application of CM & PR theories and concepts throughout
- Appropriate choice of CM strategy and tactics
- Professionalism: Spelling and grammar exceptional