Part 1- Introduction The report contains the...
Project Proposal and Plan Editing and Proof Reading Services
What to do
1. Follow the Study Schedule and work with the Topics (Modules) in Interact as they provide a "scaffold" for your learning in this subject.
2. Develop a detailed Capstone Project Proposal and Plan assignment using project management software (as listed in the Study Schedule) and the skills you have acquired from IT Project Management to develop a project plan with a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), milestones and Gantt chart. These tools may help.
a. Microsoft Project Pro ( http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/project/);
b. Open source tools like Gantt Project ( http://www.ganttproject.biz/);
c. Open Project( http://sourceforge.net/projects/openproj/)
d. Open Project ( https://www.openproject.org/about).
e. Project Libre( http://www.projectlibre.org/)
3. Begin using the ' project blog' for your chosen emerging technology topic.
a. The blog is a way to not only "think by writing" and make your notes but also store project files and links in a cloud-based service.
b. Consider sharing the site with your peers as a way to harness each others knowledge.
c. The Blog can be used for your Weekly Progress Reports (as an alternative to the Discussion Board) in Assessment Item 5 beginning in Week 2.
4. The blog is ideally updated each week with 3 or 4 entries, at a minimum standard and will become a valuable tool for the Weekly Progress Reports AND/OR for documenting your project notes and as the foundation for editing and writing the Capstone Project Report. An ideal blog entry will have around 50-150 words (150-600 words a week).
5. Describe how you intend to submit/present your Weekly Progress Reports to peers from Week 2:
a. In Class (only option for on-campus students)
b. Interact2 Discussion Board
c. My Project Blog (provide Website address)
6. Group Work OPTION for Assessment Items (Not recommended for Distance mode students): The Group Capstone Project Proposal and Plan is submitted by the team of three (3 maximum group size) for a group mark on a project proposal and plan that clearly indicates the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Role and Responsibilities of EACH member to carry an equal share of the load in the project work.
The Capstone Topic Project Plan allows for a broad range of project areas like systems administration, database systems, IT security, mobile technology etc. Often the project has a sponsor and is linked to your interest or workplace needs. The proposal has a research component (Assessment Item 3 Annotated Bibliography) so in some cases you may need to find a supervisor willing to accept you as a candidate.
The Learning Outcomes being assessed in this item include how you interpret and evaluate an overview of recent trends in emerging technologies and innovation and begin to plan, execute, record and present your research and project work as a capstone experience.
Your Capstone Project Proposal and Plan will be evaluated with a series of questions that you can use as a Checklist:
• Is the capstone topic area appropriate?
• Has the Project Blog been setup?
• Has there been sufficient justification of the choice of the topic?
• Is there enough scope for a sufficiently deep/complex analysis?
• Is the scope appropriate for what might be reasonably expected in the capstone project subject?
• Is the methodology proposed clear?
• Are the deliverables clearly set out?
• Are the deliverables sufficiently complex to justify a pass in this activity?
• Is it likely that the proposed activities can be reasonably carried out?
• Is it likely that the student will have access to the necessary resources to do a satisfactory job?
• Is the time line proposed realistic?
1. Title: Emerging Technology and Innovation Topic
a. Project Blog (Web address provided)
b. Weekly Progress Reports Plan (In class, Discussion Board or Project Blog entries)
a. Problem domain
b. Purpose and justification
c. Sponsor or Supervisor recommendation (if applicable, but not required)
3. Research Questions (if applicable)
4. Conceptual or Theoretical Framework
a. Research and Systems Development method(s)
b. Data collection or systems design methods
c. Ethical Issues
d. Compliance Requirements (Workplace, Industry or Government regulations)
e. Analysis of data
6. Project Plan
a. Deliverables (Conclusions, Recommendations, Software code etc.)
b. Work breakdown structure (WBS)
c. Risk Analysis
e. Gantt chart