Delivery in day(s): 3
Policy Analysis Framework Assignment Brief
This policy analysis framework assignment brief is related to a policy of your interest may be identified from any of the following or similar fields
Assessment item 1
Read: Units 2 and 9 and Units 4 to 7, if necessary critically and comparatively review the three policy analysis frameworks of Peter Levin, Gilbert, N. & Terrell, P. and People, P. R. & and Leighninger, L. (about 1,500 words).
Further, by employing one of the policy analysis frameworks you have reviewed or based on your critical review by developing your own policy analysis framework, critical analysis one policy of your interest (about 2,000 words).
A policy of your interest may be identified from any of the following or similar fields, but preferably in the area where you are already working or have worked so that your analysis may include your first hand experiences. For example, a specific policy relating to health, education, employment, housing, immigration and settlement, Aborigines, etc., may be analysed.
Please make use of material provided in Unit 9.
Depending upon what policy you are analysing, you may draw upon Unit 4 to 7, in addition to Unit 2.
This assessment item will enable you to critically assess policy analysis frameworks and develop policy analysis skills. As such, this task is designed to assess your progress with learning the following subject outcomes:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the nature of social policy process and the significance of each phase within it
- Be able to critique various models of social policy analysis and be able to analyse policies
- Be able to critique various models of social policy planning and be able to initiate and develop plans
- Be able to critique various approaches to policy implementation and be able to organise and participate in the implementation process
- Be able to plan and undertake policy evaluation studies
- Be able to analyse the influence of socio-economic and political factors and contexts on each of the above phases and on the social policy process as a whole
- Be able to promote ways of overcoming resistance to change and of enhancing participation
- Be able to effectively participate in the social policy process
- Understanding of suggested policy analysis framework
- Understanding and application of a policy analysis framework on a selected issue
- Present your own ideas, using clear description and logical analysis and argument. Link your writing to subject readings and other relevant materials, using citations and references, without relying on extensive and long quotations
- Structure, presentation and references