Delivery in day(s): 4
Pathophysiology and Nursing Essay Assignment Brief
Using the Clinical Reasoning Cycle as a guide, you are required to discuss the pathophysiology, health assessment, clinical findings, goals of care and nursing care strategies of one commonly encountered neurological or musculoskeletal condition.
When deciding on your chosen condition it is important to consider the following:
- How common is the condition you have chosen? Avoid choosing something that is rarely encountered in clinical practice.
- The complexity of your chosen condition. Avoid choosing a condition that overly complex or difficult to discuss within the assignment word limit.
- Choose something you have a genuine interest in.
- You must source appropriate literature (books? journal articles) to support your work
When you have chosen your condition, seek clarification from the subject coordinator
Key components of the assignment:
- Select a relevant condition and provide a brief overview of the underlying pathophysiology, including any risk factors and/or precipitating causes. (500 words)
- Identify the specific assessment data you would need to gather from a patient presenting with your chosen condition. Focus on history, physical examination and investigations. (This can be done in table format). Briefly describe three (3) major problems or issues that may be seen in a patient with this condition based on your reading of current literature and derive nursing diagnoses. (600 words)
- Describe one (1) significant goal of nursing care for this patient related to each problem you have identified. That is, one goal or desired outcome for each problem. Use the clinical reasoning cycle as your guide. Briefly outline why this goal is important in addressing each problem. (300 words)
- Discuss the associated nursing carestrategies necessary to meet each of these goals. Include a succinct summary of the rationale for the strategies. The discussion of nursing strategies and their rationale must be evidence-based and reflect current literature and/or national/international guidelines. (600 words)