Delivery in day(s): 3
Operations, Quality and Risk Management Assignment Questions
This assessment needs to be completed individually. This case study is a good starting point to develop Operations Management knowledge and capability with respect to Quality and Risk Management.
Candidates are reminded that the work they submit should be their own work. It should NOTbe copied from any other student(s)/textbook(s), nor downloaded from the internet.
Further, a simple restatement of theory will be insufficient to gain a pass level mark. This is because diploma level study requires more than just simple recall of theory. Instead it requires an analytical and a practical approach.
Learning Outcomes Assessed
This assessment covers the following learning outcomes (LOs) of the course as part of graduate profile outcome(s):
LO1: Critically analyse and discuss the context relevant to and consistent with an organisation’s procedures, including operations, risk and quality management policies.
LO3: Analyse, appraise and recommend solutions to complex operational issues and risks
The learning outcomes are assessed by the questions posed in this assignment.
This assessment represents 40% of the course. The pass mark for the whole course is 50%.
Case Study – Fonterra
Fonterra is a global dairy nutrition company owned by 10,500 farmers and their families, united by a fundamental belief in the power of dairy to make a difference.
To answer the following questions please carefully read the attached report(PROGRESS - Interim Report 2015) published by Fonterra Co-Operative Group Limited as well as other resources available on the internet while correct APA referencing must be provided.
Case Study Questions
- Identify and assess Fonterra’s key operational risks through analysing how they operate and ensure the quality of their products (provide statistics and other relevant information to support your analysis in terms of risk and quality management):
- New Zealand (5marks)
- Globally (5marks)
- Critically appraise the probability and potential impact of at least four operational risks (NZ and globally) on Fonterra’s operational objectives. Prepare a risk log that contains the following components:
- Risk factors- at least four factors (2 marks)
- Potential failure modes (4 marks)
- Potential failure effects (4 marks)
- Severity, Occurrence and Detectability (6 marks)
- Risk Priority Number (RPN) (4 marks)
- Appraise two strategies or techniques that Fonterra currently is using tocontrol their operational risks, then analyse ways to improve those strategies and recommend yoursolutions.