Part 1- Introduction The report contains the...
Literature Review Assignment Question
Using Library databases and other resources (for example Google Scholar) conduct a search for articles related to your area of interest (Task 1). Most likely you will find many articles, so think about how you might refine your search parameters (for example, only journal articles, peer-reviewed articles, published after 2006 etc.). Identify a minimum of 5 articles (maximum 10) that are important articles in the field. You should use only empirical articles that have been published within the past 10 years.
Once you have selected your key articles, read each and create a brief summary including the following information:
- Context and purpose of the study: aim(s) and/or research question(s), country/region/setting where data were collected
- Research methodology: Qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods, participants, data collection methods and data analysis methods
- Key findings, limitations of the study, suggestions for future research
- Implications for teaching and/or learning
You may like to use a table or spread sheet to record this information, as then it is easier to compare the articles. You can also use the ‘notes’ function in Endnote if you wish.
Once you have created these summaries, you can begin writing your literature review. The literature review should be a standalone summary of the research in your chosen area and should compare the research, critiquing the merits and limitations.
Use the following headings in your literature review document:
- Use sub headings for key questions and methodology
- Review findings – Use sub headings for different themes or questions
- Use sub headings for the following:
- Implications for teaching and learning
- Implications for future research and your research question
- Implications for teacher professional learning
Marking criteria: Use the Task 2 Marking criteria & template file provided in the assessment area in the Task 2 section to write your responses for the two assignment questions.
Task resources: Learning resources, support materials and links to relevant websites are available in the Task 2 section.