Delivery in day(s): 3
ITC 504 Interface Usability Assignment
Students will find important information and guidance regarding their Interface Usability assessment.
Interface Usability gives you an advanced study of Interface Design and Evaluation. It explains different contexts that affect interface design and will employ design and usability methods to evaluate and design interface.
After successfully completing this assessment, you should be able to:
a. Describe the applicability of integrating key elements in the context of human, social, and organizational into the design procedure
b. Demonstrate and articulate the significance of the design methods that are suitable for the design of an interface.
c. Appraise the effective usability of an interface and recommend alterations to develop its usability.
d. Design a user interface to meet a provided set of requirements.
e. Design a usability strategy to make sure that an interface meets its objectives.
A student must achieve a pass mark in minimum 4 or 5 assessments and a get the total mark of minimum 50% to pass this subject.
This task has three assessments that are:
To complete these assessments students are provided a case study in which you require to develop a concept design for Sydney Toll Roads. We provide this case study for reference purpose only. Students will find an actual case study in their assignments.
To complete this task you need to develop minimum two different initial concept designs that would meet the requirements of the Sydney Toll Roads as given in the case study. You need to read the case study carefully.
You will need to make a presentation for the Sydney Toll Roads to display your concepts and recommended design.
1. Sketch two (2) alternative interface designs for the Sydney Toll Roads problem. These designs should be for a web page as viewed on a standard 60cm (24 inches) PC monitor with a suitable screen resolution. It is recommended that you use the Balsamiq Mockups wireframe tool for these concept designs. (60 marks)
2. As part of your presentation, you should indicate why these designs are a good solution for the Mountain Artists Cooperative. The presentation should recommend one of your designs for further development and state why this design is recommended. (40 marks)
You require developing the design for the Sydney Toll Roads Mobile App according to the provided case study.
1. Select one of the alternative designs produced by the team to be the design that will be produced.
2. Indicate on your team forum site the reasons why this design was chosen. (10 marks)
3. Create a set of wireframes for the Mobile App design (40 marks). This set should show:
Wireframes for all pages in the Mobile App
All screen components for each page
Navigation between pages like buttons, breadcrumb trails etc.
Basic placement for all items on each page
Help functions for users
A description of the navigation path that a user would take through the Mobile App.
4. Create a click-through prototype of your wireframes using Balsamiq Mockups Links in presentation mode (see https://docs.balsamiq.com/desktop/linking/ for details). When the links in your presentation mode mockup are working correctly, then export your presentation to PDF (see https://docs.balsamiq.com/desktop/exporting/#exporting-to-pdf). This PDF file is what you will submit for assessment. (20 marks)
5. Write a Word document (.doc or .docx) that summarizes all the design decisions for your design. The document should also indicate the reasons for each team decision. (10 marks)
6. Indicate on your team forum site, the reasoning behind your design decisions. This reasoning must demonstrate input from each member of the team. (10 marks)
You need to conduct a usability evaluation of another teams design.
1. The team will be required to evaluate a design for usability issues.
2. The team can use either the Neilsen & Molich heuristic or the DECIDE framework for the usability evaluation.
3. The team will submit a 3-5 page report which details:
a. The design evaluated
b. The heuristic or framework be used for the appraisal
c. Each heading in the heuristic or framework to be listed followed by an argument of the associated concerns found on the Mobile App including:
What the issue is and where is it located
Why the issue is a problem
Whether the issue is an important or a trivial
d. Probable remediation activities that could solve the issues found.
4. Indicate in your team forum the reasoning behind your evaluation decisions. This reasoning must demonstrate input from each member of the team.
To complete this assessment you need to make the final design for the Sydney Toll Roads Mobile App. The Team will be required to make a working prototype in presentation mode.
1. Create the final design for the Mobile App. This design must:
a. Meet all the requirements laid out in the case study; (10 marks)
b. Include all pages required for the final implementation of the design; (10 marks)
c. Include all screen components for each page; (10 marks)
d. Include all navigation components; (10 marks)
e. Include all the improvements recommended by the usability evaluation. (10 marks)
2. Create a click-through prototype of your design using Balsamiq Mockups Links in presentation mode (see https://docs.balsamiq.com/desktop/linking/ for details). When the links in your presentation mode mockup are working correctly, and then export your presentation to PDF (see https://docs.balsamiq.com/desktop/exporting/#exporting-to-pdf). This PDF file is what you will submit for assessment. (20 marks)
3. Indicate in your team forum, the reasoning behind your design decisions. This reasoning must demonstrate input from each member of the team. In your team forum, select all the messages that relate to this topic, then press the Collect button; click File and select print. Print these messages to a PDF file. (20 marks)
4. Indicate in your team forum how the usability recommendations were implemented and the reasoning behind the method of implementation. In your team forum, select all the messages that relate to this topic, then press the Collect button; click File and select print. Print these messages to a PDF file. (10 marks)
1. Your design has been a success and you have been asked to write a paper that describes how you designed and why you chose that particular interface. You will need to discuss how your design meets the user requirements and enhances their experience. You should mention what factors influenced your design, how they influenced it and why. You should discuss similar interfaces that have given you the ideas or elements that you have used. You will also need to discuss the reasoning behind your design and WHY YOU think that this design is the best solution to this particular problem.
Your discussion should not surpass three (3) pages in length, apart from references. You will need to reference all literature; applications or websites mentioned using the APA 6th edition referencing style.
Challenges face by students
In completing this assessment, students face off different problems such as properly understand the subject and its process, implementing Neilsen & Molich or DECIDE framework, setting wireframes etc. Students can take help and guidance from our technical experts to make a high-quality assessment. We provide blog posts for students and guide them to understand the topic properly. Our aim is to help students in a best possible way so that they can achieve better grades.
The price is subjected to a specific part of this assignment.