Delivery in day(s): 3
ICT 704 Non-Relational Database Systems Assignment Help
This assignment is based on the mechanism that helps to store and retrieve the big data and real time web applications.
This assignment has 40% value and 100 marks
Note – This background is just for the reference
A website known as Movie Maniacs lists top charts of movies and highlights follower engagement. They are active on Social media like Twitter and Facebook and regularly share the news and latest updates to their followers. Recently, they have decided to create a page where users are free to rate the movies mentioned in the list and leave good comments as their feedback for others to see. Also, they have asked you to come up with a database that uses MongoDB which could store their movie lists and allow users to review and rate the movies.
1. Every movie has a unique identifier, one director, and list of leading actors.
2. Some movies have a series title, have won Oscars.
3. Movies can have multiple, one or no reviews. It can be made by anyone who only needs to supply a name. Reviews consist of a rating out of 10 and any comments.
There are two parts to this assignment. Part A is the creation of the database in MongoDB and Part B is the report.
Part A - Database
1. Students can create a MongoDB database that uses the data provided in the MovieData_Task2.xls spreadsheet. (There should only be one collection movies with each movie as a single document).
2. By making use of insert command, Students can insert data from the provided .xlsx file into MongoDB.
3. Students can create different index which is beneficial or required.
4. Students can create the following queries (all output should be displayed in a formatted way)
a. List all the movies in the collection that includes Movies from Japan, Names of every movie director and their distinct names, Counting of number of movies, Return only the movies that have won at least one Oscar, the title and average rating of each movie and the title of movies that have had no ratings or comments, Movies that were released before 1980, Updating the movie 6 title to “E.T.”, Add a new field called notes to the following movies.
Part B - Report
Students have to explain the structure of the created database. This includes the index justification. You need to describe how the relationships were handled in the database. Students have to discuss potential alternatives to how the relationships could have been modeled and implemented in MongoDB and the benefits/issues of each in their report. Provide recommendations to Movie Maniacs for any additional functionality for the fundamental database.
For this assignment, the marking criterion is also divided according to part A and B.
Part A: Database Implementation
- Create a MongoDB database (5 marks)
- Insert data into MongoDB using the insert command (5 marks)
- Create indexes (5 marks)
- Create the queries and other actions (50 marks total)
Part B: Report
Database description (10 marks)
- Alternative modeling discussed (10 marks)
- Justification of indexes chosen (10 marks)
- Recommendations (5 marks)
Challenges students might face
Students may face several challenges in the completion of ICT 704 Non-relational database systems such as understanding specific database and how it can be used and many more. By taking our expert’s help and guidance, you can complete your assignment with high-quality. Students can explore the topic in-depth and excel their grades by taking our subject expert’s help. With OZ Assignments, get necessary academic guidance and tutorial help in ICT 704 Non-relational database systems.Get feedback amendment without any additional cost. Our aim is to resolve students’ various academic issues so that they can live stress-free academic lives.
Note: Price given for this assessment is valid only for this part. It will not work for other parts.