Part 1- Introduction The report contains the...
HS3041 Business Intelligence and Knowledge management Assignment
This is a Group assignment and the weight of total assessment is 40%. The word limit for this assessment is 2000- 2500. Students needed to prepare and present business requirement specification to define the effectiveness of business intelligence and knowledge management for their case study project.
1. Analyse, discuss and clarify concepts and principles relating to business intelligence, knowledge management, and decision support system.
2. Analyse and assess organizational requirements to define the effectiveness of business intelligence and knowledge management
3. Apply many informational tools, system and approaches at the enterprise level to support decision making procedure and to complex problem-solving.
4. You should apply knowledge of business intelligence principles and concepts to classify knowledge domains for the knowledge purpose mapping.
5. Apply code for professional practices and professional conduct.
Students are required to prepare a professionally written business report that provides critical analysis, and
Evaluate organizational requirements to determine the effectiveness of business intelligence and knowledge management at particular industry workplace or using real case studies. The assignment has two tasks:
Task 1: Business Intelligence group report (30 Mark)
Students are required to select one of the case study for their Business Intelligence analysis report, three case studies uploaded in the blackboard
1 Compsis at a Crossroads
2 PPS.tv and China's Online Video Distribution M
3 Corning Incorporated: The Growth and Strategy Council
The report should fully explain the following points from 1-5 considering whatever applicable in your a selected case study from each point.
1 Overview of the demonstration of the Business Intelligence in the selected case study
2 The detailed explanation of the descriptive analytics from the selected case study
Business reporting, visual analytics, and business performance management
3 The detailed explanation of the predictive analytics from the selected case study
Technique for predictive modeling
Text Analysis, Text Mining, and sentiment analysis
Web Analytics, Web Mining, and Social Analytics
4. The detailed explanation of the prescriptive analytics from the selected case study
Model-Based Decisions Making: Optimisation and Multi-Criteria System
Modeling and Analysis: Heuristic Search Method and Simulation
Automated Decision Systems and Expert Systems
Knowledge Management and Collaborative Systems
5. Big Data and future directions for business analytics for the selected case study
Big Data and Analytics
Business Analytics: Emerging Trends and future impact
Task 2: Business Intelligence technology implementation and report (20 Mark)
The students are required to explain and fully report and document their work in a fully detailed technical report as described in steps 1-4 below that demonstrate your knowledge in business intelligence technology. The technology implementation should be also presented during your presentation and you should demonstrate the implementation of the following:
1. Design and Create an excel file that manages the data set for their selected case study
2. Create a Visual Dashboard by connecting the designed excel file with the Tableau software
3. Install and configure Data warehouse using Hadoop, see the following website:
4. Download and demonstrate the using of one of the following ETL tools:
Talend Open Source Data Integrator
Pentaho Data Integrator - Kettle
5. Download and demonstrate the usage of WEKA software for Data Mining
Challenge may face by students
Students face off various problems in completing this assessment such as understanding the complex problems of making references, lack of writing skills, portfolio etc. Students can take help and guidance from our technical experts and get better grades in their assessments