Part 1- Introduction The report contains the...
Evaluation Planning and Evaluation Process Proof Reading Services
This evaluation planning and evaluation process assignment, worth 40% of your final mark, is designed to embed your leanings from the second four weeks of the course, specifically to:
- To develop evaluation criteria;
- Develop an evaluation plan; and
- Undertake an evaluation to select a supplier.
Learning Outcomes: This assignment addresses learning outcome 2.
This assignment is in two parts:
Part 1 – Evaluation Planning
For this part you are preparing the evaluation plan and evaluation criteria to support the selection of an airline (or airlines) by your organization for Regular Passenger Transport Services (RPT flights) for personnel (and where relevant, contractor personnel).
Historical data shows the following return travel patterns:
Number of passenger
flights per annum
Other Australian Capital Cities
Other International Capital
For this assignment assume the following:
- Airlines provide discount off list price according to percentage of organizational travel on that route on their airline. Thus having more than one airline used on a route reduces the potential for discount;
- Travel bookings must all be made using the organization’s online Travel Management System. General internet bookings are not permitted. All travel must be authorized by the traveler’s manager in the TMS before the bookings will be confirmed;
- Due to the changing nature of the organization’s business all fares must be fully refundable;
- The organisation’s travel policy mandates best fair of the day, but only for airlines in the TMS for that route; and
- Travel up to and including 6 hours is economy class, otherwise business class.
When choosing weightings remember they need to reflect the relative importance of the items against the historical data and your organisation’s values. This will drive the resulting negotiation strategy.
You are required to:
- Produce an evaluation plan for this supplier selection, including an evaluation process that incorporates Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Value for Money (VfM) principles;
- Design the evaluation criteria and weightings; and
- Provide, to be cited in the evaluation plan, at least two academic, professional or corporate references to support your material
Part 2 – Conducting an Evaluation
For the international flights only you are to:
- Select three suitable airlines and using information available on their websites give each airline a score against each of the qualitative evaluation criteria; and
- Provide a statement (or statements) justifying each allocated score.
- You will need to provide a scoring system to support the allocation of scores. Samples will be available on the internet; and
- For this question you are not required to conduct a TCO or VfM analysis; and
- References to support your material must be included.
Structure, depth and breadth.
Includes all necessary headings, and
information in a logical order.
A reasonable set of evaluation
criteria with sensible weightings
Contains sufficient information to
unambiguously describe the criteria and rationale for their inclusion and weightings.
TCO and VfM
A description of the process
and/or a set of calculations.
A reasonable representation of the
steps or calculations that will result in the best long term result.
Sensible scoring that is
Must relate to information sourced
from their websites. Must include a logical scoring system.