Part 1- Introduction The report contains the...
Ethical Dimensions Proof Reading and Paper Editing Services
The aim of this ethical dimensions assignment brief is to give you an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to apply theoretical content of the unit to a practical setting. You will be assessed on how well you can identify the ethical dimensions of a given case, develop and explain your position on the problem presented and present a reasoned ethical decision.
Colton Fact Conflict Minerals-What You Should Know
Colton is short for Columbine (tantalite), a black, tar-like mineral found in major quantities in the Congo. The Congo possesses 80 percent of the world's Colton. When Colton is refined, it becomes a heat-resistant powder that can hold a high electric charge. The properties of refined Colton are a vital element in creating devices that store energy or capacitors, which are used in a vast array of small electronic devices, especially in mobile phones, laptop computers, pagers, and other electronic devices. Rwanda, Uganda, Burundi, and their proxy militias are the primary exploiters of Colton in the Congo. According to The United Nations Report (2001), this has fuelled the conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Indeed, more than 5.4 million people have died because of this conflict. This conflict has recently drawn our attention because of the fact that most of the phones and gadgets we rely on are made from this valuable mineral. The Colton mined by rebels and foreign forces is sold to foreign corporations. Once the Colton is processed and converted to capacitors, it is then sold to companies such as Nokia, Motorola, Compaq, Alcatel, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Lucent, Ericsson, and Sony for use in a wide assortment of everyday products ranging from cell phones to computer chips and game consoles.
- Your task is to review this situation in relation to multinational corporations’ use of Colton in light of the new understanding of business ethics that you have gained in this unit.
- Your assignment could be in the form of an essay, report or other format agreed with your tutor.
- Drawing from the analytical framework of phrenetics inquiry argued by Flyvbjerg, I suggest you structure your answer.
- Find good journal references to support your arguments.
- Refer to the assessment rubric to make sure your assignment comprehensively meets all requirements