Part 1- Introduction The report contains the...
EDU10011 Learning for Future Careers Assignment Help
This assignment targets the introduction of planning for future career and study by leading them through steps related with the readiness of the career. These steps include audits of formal and work based learning skills along with the development of understanding of cultural and ethical competent practices of workplace. Students can end this nit with their action plan for the employment and future study.
The length of this assignment should be 800 words with 20% weight.
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
1. Review and audit their employability skills that are acquired during the course.
2. Reflect and document on a recent work experience.
3. Demonstrate their knowledge of ethical practice and competent culture in the workplace.
4. Evaluate their readiness and suitability for a nominated career direction.
5. Synthesis and integrate their skills and knowledge acquired for the preparation of action plan for the future study or work.
In this assessment, students have to perform two main tasks. It is important to design your assessment with clear headings in report format for each section that includes Table of contents, Introduction, Attainment of graduate attributes, Critical reflection on gaps in knowledge and skills, Conclusion, References and Appendix.
1. Complete Table1below using the units (atleast 3) you have previously studied at SCU (500 words). You must provide evidence for all graduate attributes covered in your university studies so far. In this table, do not refer to units you are currently enrolled in. Do not leave any section blank. In the “My skill level” section, rate your current skill level from the following categories: Novice, Advanced Beginner, Capable, Proficient or Expert.
In your Appendix, you must include copies of the Graduate Attribute and Learning Outcomes tables from the Unit Information Guides (UIG) or SCU website for your three completed units.
Examples of how I developed these
My skill level
Intellectual rigor: A commitment to excellence in all scholarly and intellectual activities, including critical judgment
Creativity:An ability to develop creative and effective responses to intellectual, professional and social challenges.
Ethical practice:A commitment tosustainability and high ethical standards in social and professional
Knowledge of a discipline:Command ofa discipline to enable a smooth transition and contribution to professional and community
Lifelong learning:The ability to be responsive to change,to be inquiring and reflective in practice, throughinformation literacy andautonomous, self- managed learning.
Communication and social skills:The abilityto communicate andcollaborate with individuals, and within teams, inprofessional and community settings.
Cultural competence:An ability to engage withdiverse cultural and Indigenous perspectives in both global and local settings.
2. Critically reflect onyour gaps in skills or knowledgeassociatedwith the graduate attributes(listed in Table 1).Discuss how you can develop your knowledge and skills to address these gaps through activities youplan to undertake outside of your university study. In your answer, alsoconsider the impact that your approachto learning has on your plansto address your skills and knowledge development (300 words). You must include at least 2 scholarly references (refereed journals, book chapters and reputable organisation websites) in this section.
3. Appendix. Include copies of the Graduate Attributes and Learning Outcomes tables for the three completed units discussed in this assessment.
The marking criteria for this assignment are based on the following format:
1. Graduate attribute table – 40%
2. Reflective writing and actions – 50%
3. Presentation and referencing style – 10%
This assessment should contain 1000 words with 30% weight.
Note - You will be given case study/scenario as a reference to complete this assessment
Case 1:Work experience in the accounting department –You are performing 3 months internship in the community service sector. You have heard the conversation between general manager and senior accountant for government grant. The company followed the same procedure of obtaining grant in the past. General Manager wants to continue this practice of submitting current year figures instead of the previous one. But the responsibilities and his bonus have been taken away from him. The general manager later targeted senior accountant for having poor financial practices. Now, he has become confused as he didn’t want to leave his job.
Case 2:Work experience in a family-operated company –Your family owns medium sized business sin the event sector. Staff in the company has the experience of more than 20 years. Your senior colleague is on the leave and the manager has asked you to complete a quote for the new client within a specific period of time and send a basket of gift to them. It requires a lot of research which is new for you as you are adequately inexperienced and untrained. You have asked for the supervision but the manager has already set lots of pressure on you. You know that if you will perform this task with poor standard, it will directly affect your business financially. Thus, you feel intimidated by your manager, and pressured to do what you can for the company.
Case 3:Work placement in an outpatient hospital setting –You are a trainee dietician in a small rural town responsible for providing advice to the clients for diet-related chronic diseases and make them change their dietary behaviors, manage their chronic diseases, reduce weight and improve quality of life and health. You have followed your supervisor’s instructions to provide the client with a routinely used care plan within the service.
During your third session, your client discloses that she cannot continue her diet plan due to domestic violence and ask you to keep this information confidential. During the fifth session, she expressed her concern and dissatisfaction about her therapeutic progress. You discussed this with your supervisor but he refused to provide support and asked to continue the previous plan. Later, the client filed a formal complaint to the director. You have reported all the information to him, as she was showing frustration for not changing her diet plan. At the end, everyone claimed the question on you.
Case 4:New graduate research assistant with environmental research group -You are a new graduate research assistant working on studies investigating man-made global warming. The Principal Investigator asks you to assist your more senior for collection data and contributing in an article. You are not able to complete your given task. Next day, your colleague had completed that and asks you to write an article.
After the close examination, you realized that your data was manipulated by them. When he asked his colleagues, they refused and told you that they did not want to confuse readers with too much data. Later, the scientists’ team questioned the reviewers for presenting that file. You read the responses mentioned by your seniors, which was not true. After you finish reading, you realized that your colleagues were not planning for submitting that file. You suspect this is because of the way results were analyzed in the first place.
Note - For writing case study, students have to use Academic English in report format by including Table of contents, Introduction, Dilemma description, Values discussion, Ethical questions and solutions, Conclusion and References.
1.Identify and describe an example of an ethical dilemma you have experienced or observed in a workplace.
2. Discuss how your values may impact your reactions to this ethical dilemma.
3. Identify the three mainethical questions raised by this dilemma. Use scholarly references to critically analyze these questions and propose potential solutions.
4. One of your solutions must refer to specific sections of an existing Code of Ethical Practice and/or Conduct that could have assisted in addressing the ethical dilemma. This solution will explain how and why this code would have been useful.
5. You must include at least four scholarly references (refereed journals, book chapters and reputable organization websites) in your assessment.
Marking for this assessment is based on the following criteria:
1. The dilemmadescription - 20%
2. Values discussion - 20%
3. Critical analysis oftheethical questions and solutions - 40%
4. Communication, structure and referencing style - 20%
This assessment should have the length of 1500 words with 50% weight.
You must include the following factors in your assignment portfolio, as this will contain an account of your learning across this unit.
1. A critical reflection –It should include scholarly reference on three key strengths, three career influences and method of your career action plan.
2. A career action plan –It is structured to provide helpyou in achieving medium-term and short term goals. It should further include three short term (within 1 year), three medium term goals (2-3 years), realistic steps/ actions and three barriers for proactive solutions.
3. Quizzes –From the career development plan, you have to complete the quiz for all five modules that includesSelf-understanding1, Self-understanding2, defining your opportunities, Career decision making and branding myself.
Note– For satisfying requirements, you must score minimum 80% marks. You can perform repeated quizzes also. In your assessment, it is necessary to include 4 scholarly references like websites of reputable organization, referred journals, books and chapters.
For writing portfolio, students have to use Academic English in report format by including Table of contents, Introduction, Critical reflection, Career action plan, Barriers and solutions, Conclusion and References (a minimum of 4 scholarly references).
Marking for this assessment is based on following criteria:
1. Reflective writing-35%
2. Career Action Plan - study and professional goals and actions-30%
3. Career action plan barriers to success - 15%
4. Portfolio presentation - 10%
5. Quizzes (automatically show as completed in Grade Centre) - 10%
Challenges students may face
Students face off various problems in completing this assessment such as auditing the formal and work based learning skills, understanding the graduate attribute etc. Students can take help and guidance from our experts and get better grades in their assessments.
Note: Price given for this assessment is valid only for this part. It will not work for other part