Delivery in day(s): 4
COIT20267 Computer Forensics Assignment Help
The weight of this assessment is 35% and word limit is 2000. This assignment is planned to encourage the development of the ability to apply a systematic approach in a digital investigation through the conduct of computer forensics process and the use of computer forensics tools and to encourage the ability to classify the legal issues involved in a computer forensics investigation across jurisdictions.
Presentation of Forensics Tools
Group/Individual assignment. This assignment is a group assignment for on-campus students and an individual assignment for D.E. students. The aim of this assignment is to improve your industry-based practical research essay skills as well as to deepen your understanding of common forensic tools and how they are applicable to real-life problems. You need to research one recent (<7 years) crime and/or misconduct that requires computer forensics, such as (but not limited to) murder, kidnap, drug trafficking, intellectual property theft, industrial espionage, employment disputes, fraud, forgeries, inappropriate email and internet use in the workplace. For the purpose of this assignment, you need to:
1. Provide a detailed description of the case, i.e. what happened?
2. Report who were involved in the crime, i.e. who was the criminal(s), suspect(s) and the victim(s)?
3. Report or infer the motivation and criminal purpose, i.e. what were the sinister aims that the criminal(s) intended to achieve;
4. Identify and report what type of evidence was used in the criminal investigation of the case;
5. Report or identify, based on the face of the evidence, the type of the attack(s);
6. Identify which forensic tool(s) was/were used in this case
7. Discuss how it has affected the victim(s) and any consequences of the crime;
8. Report what the criminal punishment was if any;
9. Report any other aspects of the case you would like to discuss, e.g. which court(s) had the jurisdiction? i.e. this case should/can be heard at which court. In your discussion, you need to
a. Critically evaluate the forensic tool(s) and discuss their capacity in various categories of functions, including acquisition, validation, and verification, extraction, reconstruction, and reporting;
b. Justify the selection of that/those specific tools over other tools;
c. Discuss how computer forensic experts made use of the nominated tools in the criminal investigation of the case you presented.
in length with 10% leeway on either side, excluding title page, table of contents and references list.
Specifically, your report should include the following.
1. Title page: (each) student name (in your group), (each) student number (in your group), (each) student email address (in your group, use CQU email), the title of your report, local lecturer/tutor, and unit coordinator. Not counted towards the word count.
2. Executive summary: Should be approximately 300 words.
3. Table of Contents (ToC): Should list the report sub-sections in decimal notation and should be
autogenerated. Not counted towards the word count.
4. Introduction: Should be approximately 300 words.
5. The body of the report: Should be approximately 1200 words. Appropriate headings in the body of the report should be used.
6. Conclusion: Should be approximately 200 words.
7. Reference list: All references must be in Harvard Referencing Style. Not counted towards the word count.
1- Presentation (10 marks)
a. Organisation: the flow of presentation is appropriate; presenter is well-prepared (2 marks)
b. Format: slides contain appropriate detail; easy to read text and pictures (2 marks)
c. Content: appropriate level of detail is provided about the case (4 marks)
d. Communication skills: clear pronunciation, confident speaking; engaging presentation (2
2- Case Report (7 marks)
a. Provide a detailed description of the case (2 marks)
b. Report who were involved in the crime (1 mark)
c. Motivation and criminal purpose (1 mark)
d. Type of evidence (1 mark)
e. Type of the attack (1 mark)
f. Consequences and criminal punishment (if any) (1 mark)
3- Forensic tools (13 marks)
a. Evaluation of forensic tools (5 marks)
b. Justification of selected tools (4 marks)
c. Usage of forensic tools (4 marks)
4- Quality of report(5 marks)
a. Structure of the report (1 mark)
b. Using correct expressions, grammar, spelling, and punctuation (1 mark)
c. References (in-text references and the reference list) (3 marks)
Challenges that students may face in completing this assignment
Students may face several feedbacks and problems in this assignment like lack of academic writing skills, insufficient time, and making a reference list. We provide necessary help and guidance to resolve students’ academic problems.