Delivery in day(s): 3
COIT20261 Network Routing and Switching Assignment Questions
This assessment task requires you to demonstrate your knowledge of basic routing concepts by completing a number of exercise questions. The questions contain various numerical as well as descriptive questions. Question #4 requires you to research further and then demonstrate knowledge of advanced concepts.
Completing these questions should help you to achieve the unit learning outcomes as listed in the unit profile.
You must do this assignment individually, that is, on your own.
- Type all your answers in the ‘Template for Your Answers’ Word template that is available from the unit site. Upload only your completed template and not this question document.
- Incorrectly uploaded documents will not be marked, or may be returned to you for re-typing and re-submission – late penalties will apply.
- You must show all your necessary working, that is, steps you took to arrive at your answers. You need to write your answers in your own words to avoid potential plagiarism and copyright violations.
- You must submit the template section as a Word file (.doc or .docx).
- Plagiarism Procedures can be found in the CQUniversity Policies section of the Unit Profile.
An organisation has been granted a block of addresses starting with the address 188.8.131.52/22.
Create 4 subnets for this organisation with
- (a) the first subblock of 125 addresses,
- (b) the second subblock of 60 addresses,
- (c) the third subblock of 30 addresses and
- (d) the fourth subblock of 11 addresses.
Begin the first subblock from the address 184.108.40.206 and minimise the subblock size in your allocation. Keep your subblocks contiguous. Use only CDIR notation in your answer. (2.0 marks for each correct answer)
Consider the following UDP header dump:
- Identify the source port number. (1 mark)
- Identify the destination port number. (1 mark)
- What is the length of the data? (1 mark)
- Is it a packet from the client to the server or vice versa? (1 mark)
- What is the server process? (1 mark)
Investigate the wireless LTE technology and compile a brief report of around 1400 words. Your references (at least 5) may come from quality websites, white papers, government documents or published conference or journal papers.
Your report should include only the introduction (about 200 words), body (about 1000 words), conclusion (about 200 words) and the reference list (Do not include the executive summary and table of contents in your report). Use the sub-headings given in the template and include in-text references in the body of the report. Use Harvard style of referencing for the list of references and in-text references.
Sections structure and marks allocation:
- Introduction. (1.5 marks)
- Features of the technology. (3 marks)
- Compare and contrast with WiMax. (4 marks)
- Key local service providers (e.g. services, performance.) (2 marks)
- Any other relevant information (e.g. developments.) (1.5 marks)
- Conclusion: A well written coherent conclusion (2 marks)
- References: Adhered to Harvard reference style (1 mark)
Question 5 IPv6 Packets
The Figure Q-5 shows the details in an IPv6 packet. The horizontal dimension is 32 bits wide with various fields and their values indicated. The different parts of the packet are also colour coded and labelled for easy referencing.