Delivery in day(s): 3
COIT20249 Professional Skills in Information Communication Technology
Assessment item 4
This assessment is planned to make a resources portfolio that you can use to your degree. The weight of this assignment is 30%.
Week 3- Portfolio: Critical Thinking (5 marks)
Students need to write about critical thinking in this portfolio. This document has 2 parts:
You need to compose about 200 words and explaining why you require being a critical thinker. You must mention work, study, and personal life. You have to also contain your description of the term critical thinking.
1. Your definition of the term Critical Thinking. Please note that this is to be your definition; do NOT just quote from other sources. If you do use other sources to support your definition then you should acknowledge the reference using APA referencing style (1 mark).
2. The statement about why you need to be a critical thinker - study, work and personal life (1 mark).
You need to write about 250 words and describe why it is significant for ICT professionals to be critical thinkers. You have to deliver at least3 important unique topics in your conversation.
1. At least three (3) relevant unique points about the importance of ICT professionals being critical thinkers (3 marks).
Week 5- Portfolio: SWOT Analysis (5 marks)
You need to conduct a SWOT analysis of your presentations skills. It should be presented in 4 quadrants or in a list as it is presented in the textbook. Every unit should require at least 2 points. The SWOT analysis, you must outline some approaches to discourse one of the weaknesses that you recognized in your presentation skills.
Each section of the SWOT analysis must have as a minimum 2 points that are the correct judgment of your presentation skills. If you use dot points you need to provide enough detail so that the marker can understand your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities (4 marks).
Identify a weakness that is listed in the SWOT analysis section. Must describe at least two strategies that are reasonable ways to overcome the weakness you identified (1 mark).
Week 7 Portfolio: Reflective Writing (5 marks)
You need to write about 500 words. You have to give a brief description and then write reflective writing in five paragraphs where you describe and analyze the experience, demonstrate what you have learned from the experience, describe how you would grip it in a different way in the future, and described the positives & negatives of the situation.
The reflective writing on Social Networking through technology should
1. Include a brief description of the experience (1 mark).
2. Reflect on why the experience happened and how you contributed to the experience (include both positive and negative contributions as applicable) (1 mark).
3. Demonstrate what you have learned from the experience (1 mark).
4. Describe how you would handle the experience differently in the future (1 mark)
5. Explained the positives and negatives of the situation (1 mark).
Week 11 Portfolio: Personal Ethical Framework (5 marks)
This portfolio item is designed to make you think about how to build a reputation as a good ICT professional. It should be approximately 500 words.
Use the following headings:
1. Communication with colleagues
2. values &Work ethic
3. Diversity in the workplace
4. ICT professional
Your Personal Ethical Framework should include:
1. Your perception of a good ICT professional. Note this should refer to the ACS Code of Ethics and/or ACS Code of Professional Conduct (1 mark).
2. Statements about:
a. your work ethic (1 mark).
b. values that are important to you (1 mark).
c. How you relate to and communicate with work colleagues (1 mark).
d. Your views on working with diversity in the workplace and how to be sensitive to the people who have been brought up in cultures different to your own (1 mark).
Week 12 Portfolio: Successful Completion (10 marks)
This portfolio needs you to explain that you have effectively attained the course learning outcomes and you have to give feedback about your experiences. The documents have 2 parts.
You need to Create a document and write a reflective analysis that exhibits you have satisfied all 8-course learning outcomes. In no more than two A4 pages explain how the work you have completed this term has satisfied all eight-course learning outcomes.
On successful competition of this work, you will be able to:
1. Converse ideas efficiently both in written and verbally form using suitable language
2. Define the basic values and importance of effective interpersonal communication.
3. Show teamwork skills.
4. Argue the importance of codes of behavior, ethics and societal, legal issues and privacy and within the ICT industry.
5. Create and deliver effective oral presentations
6. Show an appreciative of common work practices and standards operating in the Australian workplace.
7. Evaluate how ICT can be used to increase organizational processes.
8. Assess the application of developing technologies to collaboration and communication
You have to write 2 things you are fond of this course and give the reason you liked them. Also, define 2 optional developments to the course and explain why they would develop the course
1. Two things you liked about this course plus reasons (1 mark).
2. Two suggested improvements to the course plus justification (1 mark).
Challenges students may face
Students face off various problems in completing this assessment such as understanding the complex problems of making references, lack of writing skills, portfolio etc. Students can take help and guidance from our technical experts and get better grades in their assessments.