Delivery in day(s): 4
Child Health Requirement Assignment Brief
This child health requirement assignment brief is relevant to children’s health need and how a health organization provide relevant information
- Create a flyer that communicates information to families about the services emergency procedures and incident management plans and upload it via the file upload button below
- Using the Enrolment Form Handout as your guide, conduct an interview with a family wishing to enroll their child at your service. (If you are not currently in a position to do this, you May role play this activity with either a fellow staff member or Student.)
- Discuss the individual child’s health requirements and routines with the family. Document this on the enrolment form.
- Describe some questions or concerns about a child’s health needs that you may need to convey to their family.
- How do you maintain confidentiality regarding children’s individual health needs?
- Identify where your service would access information on current hygiene practices.
- Explain how you would maintain written procedures and schedules to ensure a regular regime of washing children’s toys and equipment.
- List some important hygiene information that services may provide families. Discuss different ways in which a service can give families this information.
- Provide evidence that correct information about hand washing procedures are displayed in the relevant areas of the service. Upload evidence using the file upload button below
- Explain how you ensure that your service has current records of a child’s immunization status and that they are up-to-date? What procedure is in place to maintain the currency?
- Explain how you would advise families and public health promotion authorities where necessary of cases of infectious diseases at the service and provide them with the relevant information.
- Explain how configuring groupings of children can minimize risk of illness and injuries.
- What is an allergy? Describe some symptoms and possible causes of an allergic reaction
- Access your Service Allergy Policy and procedure. Describe the risk management strategies in place for children with severe allergies.
- What is anaphylaxis? What are the most common triggers of anaphylaxis?
- What are the symptoms of anaphylaxis?
- What is a Pippen? How does it help an anaphylactic reaction?
- Provide an example of an action plan for anaphylaxis.
- Read the scenario, and then answer the question that follows.
- Explain the next steps you would take after checking the health information fact sheet.
- Explain how to use an adrenalin auto injector for anaphylaxis:
- Research and explain briefly how children’s oral health can impact on their general health and wellbeing, including signs of tooth decay
- What are the symptoms of asthma? Name possible triggers?
- What is an Asthma Management plan? Provide an example
- What are parent’s responsibilities in managing their child asthma
- Access your Service policy regarding asthma and describe your role in administration of asthma medication.
- Access your Services health safety and hygiene policies. List four policies and describe your role in ensuring these policies and practices are implemented.
- Describe strategies and activities you could use to provide information to children about health and hygiene.
Zahli’s mum has informed you that Zahli has a Milk Allergy. She has requested that Zahli is provided with A2 milk rather than normal milk. Conduct research use the following site http://kidshealth.schn.health.nsw.gov.au/fact-sheets to identify if using A2 milk is suitable for a Milk Allergy. Explain your findings in the space below.