Delivery in day(s): 3
Catholic Social Thought Assignment Brief
This Catholic social thought Assignment Brief discuss the topics of ‘self’ and ‘community’. Demonstrate your understanding of the principles of Catholic Social Thought (CST) in relation to self’ and community.
What are you being assessed on?
Assessment No.1 is designed to assess the first intended learning outcome, namely:
Describe coherently in writing the principles of Catholic Social Thought (CST), and through a personal written commentary on each one, explain that the concepts of ‘self and ‘community’ are interrelated.
Readings for this assessment:
The readings from weeks 2-5 of the unit available to you via the LEO and through any wider or further reading you wish to include. Please note that you are not required to read outside of the reading list in the unit in order to achieve a high distinction in this assessment task.
- Construct a wiki page describing in writing, the 9 principles of Catholic Social Thought (CST) as outlined in the unit, and draw upon these principles to demonstrate the interrelationship between the concepts of ‘self and ‘community’.
- From this Catholic social thought assignment brief you will receive constructive feedback to assist you in completing the assessment 2.
- The wiki page is to be no more than 1.200 words in length.
- The page may have illustrations/artwork that relate to the content of your page. Try and make your page interesting and engaging for readers.
- The page must refer to the extracted readings in the unit reading list for weeks 2-5. You may refer to other material you have read around the topic in order to gain a greater understanding of the topic but note that you are not required to read outside of the reading list in the unit in order to achieve a high distinction in this assessment task.
- All material must be referenced. References do not count in the word limit. See referencing guidelines on the UNCCIOO LEO page (You can find it under Assessment>How do I reference course materials for UNCC units?).
- Feel free to make the wiki as interesting and engaging as you can by using other modes of communication and external resources (e.g., blog posts, online articles, videos, animations, audio tracks etc) that help illustrate concepts. Ensure you have referenced the above mentioned modes of communication theories and resources correctly.