Delivery in day(s): 3
B01BCOM101 Business Communication Assignment Brief
This B01BCOM101 Business Communication Assignment Brief weight is 20% of the total course and requires an essay as well.
Write an argumentative essay on oneof the topics below:
1. Diversity is a barrier to effective teamwork.
2. Communication skills are secondary to technical expertise in effective leadership.
3. Organisationalstructure does not influence effective communication in an organisation.
Your essay must include:
- At least five reference sources including the text book, none of which are internet sources, e.g. websites.
- Correct argumentative essay structure. Refer to the Academic Learning Skills handout on Essay writing and Dwyer, J 2013 Communication for Business and the Professions, Strategies and Skills, 5th ed., Pearson Education, Australia pp. 627-630.
- Harvard referencing for any sources you use. Refer to the Academic Learning Skills handout on Referencing.
This assignment should be submitted online in Moodle. You are also required to upload a softcopy of your assignment in Turnitin.
The assignment must be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word format. Other formats may not be readable by markers. Please be aware that any assessments submitted in other formats will be considered late and will lose marks until it is presented in Word.
For assistance please speak to our Academic Learning Skills Coordinators, Andrew Kelly in Sydney (email@example.com) or Leah Kerr in Melbourne (firstname.lastname@example.org). They can help you with understanding the task, draft checking, structure, referencing and other assignment-related matters.
General notes for assignments
Assignments should usually incorporate a formal introduction, main points and conclusion, and will be fully referenced including a reference list.
The work must be fully referenced with in-text citations and a reference list at the end. We strongly recommend you to refer to the Academic Learning Skills materials available in the Moodle. For details please click the link http://online.kent.edu.au/cms/course/view.php?id=437 and download the file “Harvard Referencing Workbook”. Appropriate academic writing and referencing are inevitable academic skills that you must develop and demonstrate.
We recommend a minimum of five references, unless instructed differently by your lecturer. Unless specifically instructed otherwise by your lecturer, any paper with less than five references may be failed. Work that includes sources that are not properly referenced according to the “Harvard Referencing Workbook” will be penalised.
Marks will be deducted for failure to adhere to the word count – as a general rule you may go over or under by 10% than the stated length.