Part 1- Introduction The report contains the...
BUS20007 Procurement Management Editing and Proof Reading Services
There are many different issues that need to be considered in relation to procurement management and this assessment is designed to demonstrate your knowledge of key issues that relate to different methods for obtaining information, evaluating expressions of interests and sourcing materials from prospective suppliers.
You are to prepare a Case study – Supplier evaluation to address the issues outlined in the scenario below. This Case study – Supplier evaluation will also contribute to your submission for Assessment 2: Business case.?
Scenario: You have recently been appointed as Procurement Manager of a large automobile manufacturer based in Geelong. Due to the design of a new model for a car you are required to oversee the procurement of some of the new materials required for the interior of the car that includes fabric for the seats, components for the dashboard and the buttons used to control the electric windows.
The Case study –
Supplier evaluation should discuss the main issues that need to be considered when obtaining expressions of interest and pricing models, including the following topics:
- Place each of these materials in the Kraljic Matrix and explain why.
- Discuss the sourcing strategies that can be used for procuring these new materials.
- Discuss the supplier selection criteria.
- Provide a negotiation method for the procurement department, and point out the main points to be discussed for the contract.
- Give a risk analysis on the sourcing strategy.
- What models and frameworks can be used to evaluate the EOI's?
As part of your Case study – Supplier evaluation you must explain how best practice can be achieved and what strategies could be used that relate to the different product groups based on the Kraljic Matrix.
It is important that you have undertaken research that applies to the automobile manufacturing industry that is supported by relevant examples and references to highlight your understanding of these issues.
Please submit your assignment through SafeAssign. More detailed information is available in the Assessment 1 folder in Blackboard.
- Discussion of theory in relation to readings and resources
- Application of the theory to the Case study
- Use of additional references
- Structure and layout
- Clarity of expression, spelling and grammar.
Your work will be assessed using the following High Distinction guide:
- Outstanding reference to relevant readings and resources detailed and in depth discussion of the theory beyond the prescribed texts.
- Outstanding linkage between the theories and the case study, supported by clear and strong examples and relevant literature.
- Excellent use of external references and academic journals or articles that are correct in relation to the Harvard formatting requirements.
- Your ideas are presented in a well-structured and logical order. You have produced a highly cohesive response.
- There is a high level of clarity of expression and the writing has no spelling errors or problems with grammar.