Delivery in day(s): 4
CPCCSV5007A Building Construction Survey Assignment Brief
Instructions on how complete this assessment.
This assessment is an alternate pathway to complete the practical requirements of the unit.
Complete either Part A or Part B, not both.
Part A: Provide evidence of competence in practical requirements either through prior study or work experience or both:
- Use attachment 1 to record details of your existing qualification and/or experience
- Attach a concise resume to attachment1
- Have your supervisor complete the Third Party Report- attachment2
Part B: Complete all questions and submit
Part A Attachment 1: Work experience
Please complete the following details of your study/work experience in the building industry that are relevant to this unit.
Provide technical qualification and employment history timeframe.
Employment History Please attach brief resume
Date of Issue
Copy Attached Yes
Reference Attached Yes No
List any attachments supporting this assessment e.g. sample work documents, videos
Attachment 2- Also need to fill out the attachment called prac alternative competency. See attached word document.
Apply site surveys and set out procedures to building and construction projects CPCCSV5007A Assessment
Question 1: Reading a surveyor's staff
The faces of two common surveyor's staff are shown below. One has a graduated face and the other an “E” pattern face.
Alongside each are five lines. Write alongside each line the corresponding staff reading to the accuracy stated below the relevant staff.
Figure 1: Surveyor's staff
Question 2: Determine the volume of cut and fill
Volume of cut = m3 (Unbulked)
Volume of fill = m3 (Unbulked)
- Write the RL of each grid intersection on the grid above using the given RL's provided in the table below.
- Correctly draw the corresponding contour lines on the grid at 200mm intervals (this will create a contour plan)
- Determine volume of cut/fill from your contour plan, determine the quantity of excavation if it is intended to excavate to an RL of 104.00. The grid squares are 5 m by 5 m. Show all you’re working on a separate piece of paper. Marks will be lost if working is not shown.
Question 3: Building setout method
Using Fig 1 below, detail how you would actually set out the building shown. There are two options:
- Employ a land surveyor.
- Set it out yourself using profiles.
You need to explain what the procedure would be for each option and explain what you believe to be the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
Question 4: 2 Peg Test
Outline how you would perform a 2 peg test on an automatic Dumpy Level. Use written words and diagrams to explain your answer.
Questions 5: Levelling
Name and describe two levelling instruments (not a spirit or water level) that you have used on- site and detail the advantages and disadvantages of each instrument. Detail how you set up each instrument to ensure accuracy of your levelling task.
List the WHS concerns when setting out a building site.
You as a builder are in the process of setting out a building site; you haven’t quite finished erecting the construction safety fence around the perimeter of the site, ran out of time and you intend to finish it early tomorrow.
However overnight a member of the public decides to wander onto the site, apparently looking for his dog, trips over a profile and breaks his neck and dies on your site.
List the consequences that are about to occur.
Get more from: Assignment Help