Part 1- Introduction The report contains the...
BSBWOR502 Lead and Manage Team Effectiveness Proof Reading Services
This assessment defines the knowledge and skills needed to lead teams in the workplace & to actively engage with the management of the organization.
This assessment has 3 tasks.
1. What difference a group of people from a team? (100-125 words)
2. Explain why it is important to establish a clear team purpose. (75- 100 words)
3. What are the implications of role ambiguity within a team framework and with regard to:
a. Team cohesion
b. Task achievement
c. Personal achievement
4. If you were appointed the leader of a newly established team, describe how you would ensure that all members of the team knew what they had to accomplish.
5. Why is it important that the team’s purpose and role be collaboratively developed? (100- 150 words)
6. Charters, memorandum of agreements, constitutions, responsibility statements and role. Collect an example of three of these documents. Comment on each of them as to how effective they are.
7. How can roles and tasks be clearly allocated to team members so that problems do not arise? (50 words)
1. According to given information, you need to answer the following questions:
a. Define the sales team goals
b. Define the KPIs and standards for each goal.
c. Define the time frame for each goal.
d. Select one goal and create an action plan and how you will achieve this goal.
2. Why is encouraging participation in the planning, decision making and operational aspects of the team’s work important for developing team cohesion and what role does feedback play in doing this?
1. Briefly, describe the stages that a team goes through during its life cycle (50-75words)
2. Explain in 50-100 words why it is important to actively support a team through all stages but particularly the first three.
3. What might things occur to change the linear progression of a team’s development? Give at least three examples.
4. Describe at least four techniques that could be used to help a team establish a culture and ethos that will enable its members to achieve their performance expectations.
1. Describe a self- managing team. (75-100 words)
2. Why are self- managing teams considered desirable? (75- 100 words)
3. What might be some barriers for a manager in creating a self-managing team?
4. What strategies can you use, or have you seen in use, that are designed to actively encourage team members to have input into planning, decision making and the operations of a team? (75-100 words)
1. Consider a team that you have either led or have been a part of. Describe the members of the team in relation to Belbin's roles and answer the questions that fellow.
f. Team worker
2. Did you have the recommended mix of roles- ie was the team heavily weighted with a particular role type or were there gaps? In 150 words describe the impact this had on team effectiveness.
3. List at least four actions that a team leader might consider taking if the imbalance in a team is detrimental to performance.
4. List six ways in which a team leader can ensure that team members take responsibility for their own work and assist others with their work.
How will you handle this situation given in the scenario?
1. Investigation and gathering of information.
2. Provision of feedback to sue that her performance seems to have declined.
3. Establishment of open communication to encourage sue too, firstly acknowledge that her performance has suffered, and secondly to share any factors that might have contributed to it.
4. Feedback should be delivered in a factual, non-emotive way.
5. Strategy agreed upon to improve performance.
6. Other team members informed as to action being taken and encouraged to be supportive of sue.
7. Situation monitored closely
8. Positive feedback and encouragement gave when performance begins to improve.
9. Positive feedback when performance is at an optimal level and is sustained.
1. To diagnose and resolve challenges in an effective manner there need to be a number of conditions within the team that support this. List six.
In order to diagnose and resolve challenges effectively, teams need:
f. Decision-making procedures
2. List at least six ways in which team members might put forward concerns, perceived issues, suggestions and ideas for improvement.
a. Suggestion boxes
b. Roundtable discussion forums
c. Open door policy of team leader
d. Structured conflict resolution process.
e. E- discussion forms
f. Team meetings
3. Although in some cases there will be outliers that require creative problem-solving processes, a team leader might, in consultation with team members, develop a range of procedures for addressing issues.
a. Developing specific policies and procedures to be followed by team members in the case or an issue or grievance.
b. Regular performance reviews at which the team leader encourages team members to discuss issues
c. Asking members to put forward issues or perceived issues at the meeting and discussing them as a group in order to come to a resolution.
d. Holding one to one meetings with team members on a regular basis so that issues can be raised and addressed as they occur.
e. One to one counselling sessions – or counselling session involving HR personnel or other consultants
f. Documenting procedures for participating in conflict mediation sessions
1. What advantages are there to the following groups in encouraging participation from all team members?
a. An organization
b. The team as a whole
c. Each individual
2. What are the key requirements for fostering and supporting full commitment in team situations? (50 words)
1. what ways can team leaders support their teams with regard to identifying and resolving work performance problems? (250 words)
1. What are the key aspects of establishing and maintaining open communication processes with all stakeholders?
2. A team leader’s behaviour and actions serve as a role model for other members of the team. What does this mean and why is it important? (500 words)
1. What factors are affecting the communication in this team? (100- 150 words)
2. What can you, as team leader, do to correct the situation and restore it to one of open, effective communication amongst all parties? (100-150 words)
1. Give an example of when you had to convey good news to your team. Explain how you went about it and how successful you were.
2. Is it easy or difficult to communicate good news? Why? (20 words)
3. Why is it more difficult to give bad news? (50 words)
4. Create your own checklist of what to do and what not to do when communicating bad news.
1. Describe what you say and how you broach the subject in order to raise the concerns sensitively but also that result in a satisfactory outcome for all parties. (250-500 words)
1. What is essential that unresolved issues are brought to a final conclusion? (20 words)
2. Explain what is meant by following up unresolved issues. (50 words)
3. Why is it sometimes necessary for a person external to the team to be brought in to resolve issues? List three circumstances when this might be a good idea.
Summative assessment 1
Q.1. why is encouraging participation in the planning, decision- making and operational aspects of the team’s work important for developing team cohesion and what role does feedback play in doing this? (50 words)
Q.2. teams can actually work against each other if they are not managed well. List at least four tactics that will help the teams within an organization work cohesively.
Q.3. if you were appointed the leader of a newly established team, describe how you would gain consensus and ensure that all members of the team knew what they had to accomplish. (100 words)
Q.4 Describes 10 principles or strategies for resolving team conflict.
a. take shared responsibility for the conflict
b. recognize and appreciate differences among people.
c. preserve individual dignity
d. listen carefully and with empathy, listen to understand, communicate, do not debate.
e. be calm do not give into emotional outbursts or reactions.
f. vulnerability is a key to successful resolution, therefore, open up and share your feelings.
g. do not assume people are being difficult internationally.
h. choose a safe place or person with whom you can vent and clarify the issues for yourself.
i. generate solutions. Find agreement.
j. follow up to assure resolution and modify as necessary.
You have to read the given scenario and in a report explaining the steps, you would take to develop a competent team. Your report should be approximately 3000 words.it may include an action plan or other types of documents to explain how will you lead this team.
In this task, students need to make an observation report which provides performance evidence.