Delivery in day(s): 4
BSBSUS401 Implement and Monitor Environmentally Sustainable Practices
This assignment will describe about the knowledge and skills required in the effective analysis at the workplace associated with the environmental sustainable work practices along with the implementation of the improvements and monitoring of effectiveness. This mainly targets the individuals for a particular area of work who can lead the team and addresses the processes, knowledge and techniques important to monitor and implement sustainable work practices by including the development of tools and processes.
1. You must have numeracy and literacy skills with the experience of working in professional environment.
2. Assignments must be prepared in Microsoft Office.
3. Answer your task’s questions with a minimum of half page length.
4. In order to achieve the competency, you must demonstrate your ability to:
a. Set targets for improvements
b. Monitor performance
c. Investigate recent practices in relation with the resource usage
d. Implement performance improvement strategies
This unit will describe about the performance results, knowledge and skills important to review the corporate governance requirements, monitor policy and implement operating procedures.
In this assignment, you must competently complete following assessment tasks:
1. Assessment method 1- It targets the monitoring of student learning by providing ongoing feedback used by the instructors in order to improve their teaching and learning. It also helps the students to identify their weaknesses and strengths and target areas that need work.
In this, students have to submit one or two sentences that identify the main part of lecture, turn in the research proposal for early feedback and draw a concept map in class to represent their understanding of topic.
a. Formative assessment
b. Online portal
c. Check points
2. Assessment method 2 – It helps to evaluate the learning of students at the end of instructional unit. They are often high stakes with high point value. A task is allocated to someone as a course of study or part of their job.
a. Formative assessment
b. Online portal
3. Assessment method 3
a. Summative assessment
b. Written assessment
c. Typed in MS Word
4. Assessment method 4
a. Summative assessment
b. Practical demonstration
The main purpose of this assessment is to assess the knowledge given in the elements and performance criteria. In order to complete this assignment, you must:
1. Identify important sources of information (external and internal) and explain the method of using it to identify sustainability improvements
2. Explain the compliance requirements in reference to legislation, codes of practice, regulations and work procedures related to resource and environmental issues.
3. Outline energy efficiency and common environmental issues within the industry.
4. Give examples of benchmarks for resource and environmental sustainability important for the organization
5. Outline the organizational procedures and systems related to the resource and environmental sustainability improvements like quality assurance, making recommendations and seeking approval, supply chain, purchasing and procurement.
A. Legislation and sources of information for initiatives and resources
Q1. Identify the environmental regulations which apply in your local government area relevant to your workplace activities and provide details what is covered by these regulations and by-laws.
Q2. Identify any resources and initiatives which are in place or available in your state to help business to reduce their waste and use resources more efficiently.
Q3. List 1 initiative that is relevant to your sector within the Tourism, Hospitality and Events Industry and list all resources which are available through these initiative(s). Outline how these would be used.
Q4. Write and environmental resource efficiency improvement plan which details the following:
1. The purpose of the plan
2. An overview what has been undertaken and why
3. The resource areas and targets you have established based on Section 3, Part A;
4. The measures and tools you will implement to achieve these targets;
5. Strategies that can be used to ensure staff compliance with environmental requirements and to achieve new targets;
6. Strategies you will use for purchasing and selection of supply chains;
7. A calculation which will provide information as to the potential savings that can be achieved over time, given the investment;
Use of e.g. 10 light bulbs rated at 0.060 KWH in Kitchen area could be replaced with 10 energy saving bulbs rated at 0.012 KWH which would represent an energy saving of (10 * 48 = 0.480KWH) 0.480 KW per hour x $ 0.28 = $ 0. 1344 per hour or at 10 hours per day: $ 0.1344 x 10 = $1.35/ Day.
For a 7 day operation this then equates to a potential saving of $ 492.75 minus the proportion of the cost of the energy saving bulb @ $ 7.50 /5000 hours ($1.50 per 1000 hours use) versus an ordinary bulb @ $ 0.75 /1000 hours lifespan.
10 Showerheads in guest rooms rated A could be replaced by ones rated AAA with a potential saving of (10 * 55 L = 550 L ) 550 Litres per day etc. (0.55 x 1.80 = $ 0.99/day x 365 = $ 361.35/year) minus the initial cost for purchasing the more efficient showerheads (for the first year only)
Note – This is just for the reference part only
8. The provisions for communication to periodically discuss and network with colleagues to make adjustments and identify progress;
9. A spreadsheet or set of tools which can be used to record and monitor periodic results from readings and invoices/ statements for utilities;
10. Examples how you will evaluate strategies and make adjustments to the improvement plan.
This assignment assesses your ability to complete the tasks given in the performance and elemnst criteria in terms of job role by:
1. Analyse the information from different sources in order to identify the current procedures, compliance and practices related with the resource and environmental sustainability
2. Communicate and consult the important stakeholders to seek the encourage and input engagement with the implementation and development of sustainability improvements, suggestions and reports and encourage feedback on different outcomes
3. Organize and plan the group work activities to:
a. Generate the ideas and solve the problems for improvements
b. Implement and evaluate different strategies to improve resource usage
c. Measure the current resource usage
d. Meet environmental requirements
e. Plan, implement and integrate improvements into operations
A. Measuring current consumption and identifying existing procedures of work practices and purchasing:
In this, you are required to conduct a practical assessment of the resources and practices of organization. You have to collect the data and complete the following activities:
Q1. Take the current meter reading for gas, electricity and water.
Q2. Create a table or list and enter: all equipment and appliances used in one specific department (for example Kitchen, F&B etc.), and measure the consumption of electricity as listed on the appliance labels.
Q3. Measure the flow rate for water of various taps using the formula “Flow rate = Volume/Time (L/min)”
Q4. Inspect the type of lighting used and determine the KW/H (1000 Watt = 1 KWH) used in that department based on typical or given workplace practices during operation.
Q5. Inspect the provisions for recycling.
Q6. Determine the intervals of waste collection and determine the size of the cubicle(s) used.
Q7. This task is performed outside: Wearing gloves and using tongs, physically inspect the contents of garbage bins from your department and inspect the approximate waste for each category (Glass, paper, card board, green waste etc) and express these in percent (approximately).
Q8. Determine the energy consumption ratings, use and settings of air conditioners and heaters where applicable and document the potential KWH usage for these units.
Q9. Determine the resources required for any plants, landscaping or outside areas as relevant.
Q10. List the purchasing strategies which are currently in place including environmentally sustainable approaches; carbon foot print considerations (for example use local supplies from growers etc.)
Q11. Identify any workplace environmental and occupational hazards you may encounter during your resource analysis.
Q12. Identify any breaches or potential breaches for environmental practices you have encountered in the audited area during your project and outline the issues.
B. Setting efficiency targets
Q1. Analyse the results you have obtained for usage of resources and compare these results against:
a. Work and workflow processes – which improvements could be made?
b. Industry Schemes – How do your results compare?
c. Technology – Are you using efficient technology?
d. Resources – Is there a benefit of switching e.g. from electricity to gas in some areas or using other measures?
e. Best Practice – Are there recommendations from manufacturers or bodies that recommend particular practices?
Q2. Set your targets in a table or spreadsheet based on your findings of the analysis.
Q3. Outline the provisions for communication this would require with key stakeholders relevant to your position and workplace and how this will be achieved. Include a template for an agenda and table for entering actions.
Q4. Work out your collection requirements
a. Total the volumes of each type of waste per day
b. Some items can be combined such as glass, metal, plastic, paper & milk cartons – referred to as ‘co-mingled’ waste. (but, no food scraps, polystyrene or plastic bags)
c. Calculate the required bin size and frequency of collection – e.g. if your property produced 242.5 litres of ‘co-mingled waste’ per week then 1 x 250 litre bin should be sufficient with a once a week collection frequency.
d. Review the packaging from your supplies
e. Attempt to reduce or eliminate waste at the source
Problems that students might face
In BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices Aassignment Help, students may face challenges like analysis of environmental and sustainable work practices and more. It is highly important to keep the pace of achieving good grades for this assignment during your examinations. OZ Assignments helps in providing tutorials and academic guidelines in order to solve the queries of students. Get feedback amendment without any additional cost.
Note: Price given for this assessment is valid only for this part. It will not work for other parts.