Delivery in day(s): 4
B01MKMR303 Report Writing Assignment
Learning Outcomes addressed
a. Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of fundamental Marketing Research concepts and theory.
b. To understand the different types of marketing research theory, data collection methods and classification of data.
c. Show understanding of the Marketing Research Process and apply this theory.
d. To understand the different ways that Marketing strategy theory may be applied.
e. Presentation and communication of theory and research through written, and oral presentation.
Task: Students will be required to write a Market Research survey report of an Australian company that the student is familiar with.
- Title page
- Executive Summary (1 page maximum)
- Table of Contents
- Introduction - purpose of writing the document and any other background information that would help the reader understand the context and the content.
- Opportunities and issues statement (identifying the key threats, opportunities, strengths and weaknesses and the key issues that will be addressed in the report)
- Research Methodology – Primary and Secondary Data collection
- market Research Process
- -Research Problem (e.g. could be company’s sales have decreased. Refer to Ch 4. P 59 – Defining the Research Objectives)
- -Planning a research Design (whether it is exploratory, descriptive or casual – chose one and give reasons, justify)
- Planning a sample ( prepare a simple questionnaire/survey to be given to customers or potential customers. Five or six questions should be sufficient)
- Collecting data (students to conduct interview – online, face to face, ask other students).
- Analyze the data – put into tables or graphs or a piechart with analysis underneath
- Formulate the report and present the findings 8.Recommendations/Conclusion
Your assignment report must include:
- Correct writing structure. Refer to the Academic Learning Skills handout on report writing.
- Harvard referencing for any sources you use. Refer to the Academic Learning Skills handout on Referencing.
- A minimum of 4 academic references (including the text book).
You must submit your assignment to MOODLE for it to be marked in Week 10. Another copy should be sent to TURNITIN to check for plagiarism.