Delivery in day(s): 4
B01MGTP102 Management Principles Assignment Brief
Write a persuasive academic essay on one of three given topics related to management theory. The essay will be written in accordance with the guidelines for writing academic essays at Dwyer, J 2013, Communication for Business and the Professions, Strategies and Skills, 5th ed., Pearson Education, Australia pp. 627-630.
You are required to submit to your tutor the following stages of your essay in hard copy
Write an argumentative essay agreeing or disagreeing with one of the statements below:
(a) A strong organisational culture is essential for superior organisational performance.
(b) The only thing that effects employee motivation is the level of pay.
(c) In today’s turbulent environment only organic organisational structures are effective.
Your essay must include:
- At least five reference sources including the text book, none of which are internet sources, e.g. websites.
- Correct argumentative essay structure. Refer to the Academic Learning Skills handout on Essay Writing and Dwyer, J 2013 Business Communication and the Professions, Strategies and Skills, 5th ed., Pearson Education, Australia pp. 627-630.
- Harvard referencing for any sources you use. Refer to the Academic Learning Skills handout on Referencing.
This assignment should be submitted online in Moodle.
The assignment MUST be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word format. Other formats may not be readable by markers. Please be aware that any assessments submitted in other formats will be considered LATE and will lose marks until it is presented in Word.
- Thorough research is indicated. Professional use of sources to support ideas, well integrated, sources are credible. Very minor, if any, weaknesses with paraphrasing or integration/application.
- Professional work. Essay is very coherentand flows well; topic is addressed thoroughly; analyses in great depth. Very minor, if any, inconsistencies and weaknesses with flow.
- Topic, concepts are clearly outlined in introduction. Material in body is logically and clearly sequenced; very minor, if any, weaknesses. Conclusion effectively summarises essay; with recommendations and clear links to introduction.
- Professional standard of writing; no errors in punctuation, grammar and spelling
- Professional level of referencing and acknowledgment; no errors of style evident. Thorough and consistent reference list and all references listed.