Delivery in day(s): 3
Administer and Monitor Assignment Brief
This assignment on administer and monitor assignment brief in which we discuss the work with project team to administer and monitor a project
Task 02: Administer and monitor project
The Assessment Task is due on the date specified by your trainer. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your trainer.
You must submit a printed copy of your answers.
Submit printed copy of required evidences (your answers) to your Trainer with the "Assessment Cover Sheet" (Filled out and signed appropriately) attached on top of your documents.
The Trainer/Assessor may further prompt and question in order to receive answers of appropriate quality or if further clarification required and to validate authenticity of your submitted work.
Word limit:Word limit for answering this task is minimum 1200 words
Using the workplace scenario information provided, you will work collaboratively with your project team to administer and monitor a project (initiated, planned and discussed in Assessment Task 1) in order to achieve the project deliverables.
- Review the simulated business documentation, including policies and procedures in the document ‘Max Lionel Realty.docx’. Review templates contained in the document ‘Project planning templates.docx’ for possible use or adaptation in completing project requirements.
- Review the scenario information provided in Appendix 2.
- Determine monitoring and record-keeping system requirements from scenario for project as planned.
- Determine personal need for support.
- Meet with team to:
- clarify roles and responsibilities and ensure written record of agreement, e.g. obtain signatures on roles and responsibilities template provided
- determine need for support and inform team members of your support needs
- discuss monitoring and record-keeping systems as required by the organisation
- discuss risk management approaches.
- You may need to meet on several occasions. Meetings may be observed by your assessor. Follow your communication plan or agree to a time and date.
- Plan to support a team member. Arrange suitable time with team member and assessor (to observe). You may, for example, provide assistance with deliverables, coach, train, etc.
Note: Ensure you adhere to budgetary constraints and timelines. All resources and time spent on the project will count towards expenditure.
- Meet with team member to provide support.
- Complete the following personal roles and responsibilities:
- implement monitoring and record-keeping, using or adapting the template provided
- develop project deliverables
- ensure quality assurance on draft deliverables as required by your project plan.
- Undertake risk management as per your project plan. Provide risk management reports (may include change requests and/or issues logs). Use or adapt the templates provided.
Note: Your Operations General Manager (the assessor) will inform your project team of contingencies that you will need to manage. Coordinate actions with your project team members. Each team member will have at least one contingency to manage.
Submit documentation as per specifications below.
- participate in project meetings
- a written record of agreement with roles and responsibilities (approx. 150 words )
- three status reports as per record-keeping requirements (approx. 150 words )
- risk management reports: change requests and/or issues logs (approx. 150 words )
- draft project deliverables for quality assurance (approx. 150 words )
- final project deliverables (approx. 150 words )
Your assessor will be looking for:
- communication and negotiation skills to work with team members and other stakeholders to maintain project schedules
- literacy skills to read, write and review a range of documentation
- planning and organising skills to monitor and maintain implementation schedules
- numeracy skills to analyse data and compare timelines and implementation
- culturally appropriate communication skills to relate to people from diverse backgrounds and people with diverse abilities
- knowledge of relevant legislation from all levels of government that may affect aspects of business operations, such as:
- anti-discrimination legislation
- ethical principles
- codes of practice
- privacy laws
- environmental issues
- knowledge of organisational structure and chains of authority and communication within the organisation
- knowledge of how the project relates to the organisation’s overall mission, goals, objectives and operations.
Appendix 1: Scenario – Max Lionel Realty
Max Lionel Realty: It is now time to implement the project you initiated, planned for and negotiated in Assessment Task 1. Work with your team to achieve agreed deliverables on time, to budget, and up to required standard. Manage contingencies and renegotiate project with stakeholders as required.
As per organisational project management record keeping system requirements, your Operations General Manager requires regular status reports to record:
- financial management and budget control
- project milestones, for example:
- quality review completion
- outcomes and deliverables
- Submit three status reports over course of project: at 25%, 50%, 75% of timeframe.
- Risk management reports need to be submitted to project sponsor for each contingency managed.
- Recall the quality standards for deliverables:
- clearly communicate legal obligations, REIV obligations
- no grammar or spelling errors
- professional but friendly language
- fair and flexible delivery for intended audience
- meet audience requirements and sensitive to information needs